WPE Officer Needed at International Rescue Committee,
WPE Officer Needed at International Rescue Committee
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
WPE Officer – Kakuma
The WPE Officer will be responsible for successful implementation of Women and Girls empowerment program and GBV response activities. This will entail the capacity building of case managers, women and girl groups within the women and girls safe spaces. It will entail supervision of skills building and psychosocial support activities. The position holder will support other WPE officers in provision of psychosocial support, training and awareness raising activities, including the provision of information on available services, and facilitating referrals.
This position reports to WPE Senior Officer
- Provide technical oversight and capacity building through training, mentorship and on-the job support for community workers, women and girls groups on economic empowerment, awareness -raising and referrals.
- Provide leadership and guidance regarding WPE activities to all community workers to ensure all program activities meet best practice standards as well as taking lead in EA$E discussion series, Girl shine and GBV Blended Curriculum.
- Provide psychosocial support including case management and appropriate referrals to survivors and vulnerable women using a survivor centered approach.
- Strengthen and maintain networks with community leaders, groups and service providers to ensure that survivors receive compassionate support from the community and to encourage greater communication, collaboration, and coordination among partners.
- In partnership with the WPE officer outreach, participate in development of monthly outreach plans with community workers, based on case trends and ongoing needs of women and girls, include strategies to reach women and girls who are more isolated/have special needs.
- Facilitating confidence building for community members and groups to encourage acceptance of GBV best practice and to support women groups
- Coordinate regular women and girls support group meetings to promote women progress in economic growth, development and social networking
- Actively participate in monitoring and evaluation of program activities, program and donor report writing including sharing of success stories of women participating in different activities.
- Raise purchase requests, monitor financial commitments and expenditures against the budget.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.
Key Result Areas
- Quality program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation with targeted beneficiaries.
- Achievement of program objectives.
- Quality reports are produced and submitted on time.
- Coordination with other partners including government agencies is strengthened.
- University degree in international or community development, counseling and /or psychology, social science or related degree and a minimum of 3 years direct experience in Gender Based Violence programming. A diploma in the same field with an additional 2 years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and building capacity of staff through training and mentorship of GBV Interventions and concepts on response, prevention, and empowerment.
- Strong ability to lead, train, facilitates and motivates others in their respective tasks in a professional, respective, and supportive manner
- Familiarity with savings and credit schemes or livelihoods programming with a gender lens
- Proven ability to respect differences of culture, opinion and lived experiences while upholding rights-based principles and women’s protection and empowerment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, medical ethics and respect for clients at all time.
- Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization.
- Strong analytical and proven problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive and professional attitude, ability to lead and work well in a team setting and with multiple partners
- Ensure strict adherence to the IRC Way, internal financial policies and donor guidelines