Vacant Positions at Safaricom Kenya Apply!
Vacant Positions at Safaricom Kenya Apply!
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
Principal Accountant; Tax
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Group Tax, the role holder will ensure tax compliance is adhered to by complying with tax controls, procedures and processes that are in place, in addition to identifying and supporting areas of tax planning to enhance operation efficiencies within the business.
- Proactively advise and support the wider business in providing and coordinating tax advice on the implications of key transactions and ad hoc projects, including related party transactions.
- Identify and ensure that legislative changes are reviewed and adopted in a timely manner, including implementation of system changes where necessary.
- Manage relationships with the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and external tax service providers for tax-related queries and changes in tax legislation specific to the telecommunication industry.
- Research solutions and risk mitigation for any emerging tax issues across the Group.
- Prepare the Group’s periodic (monthly and annual) accounting (income and deferred tax) provisions and related financial statement disclosures, including tax planning and forecasting reports.
- Coordinate with external tax advisors on Kenya corporation tax computations and returns and ensure timely submissions.
- Ensure monthly tax returns (VAT, excise duty and withholding tax) are prepared and submitted to the KRA within prescribed timelines, including payment of the corresponding tax liabilities including; reviewing and managing payments of custom duties and levies.
- Oversight of PAYE for payroll purposes.
- On an ongoing basis, review the overall management of tax compliance processes within the Group (tax health check).
- Work with, and where required provide training to the Finance, Support and Commercial Functions’ teams to ensure optimization of tax efficiencies and mitigation of tax exposures within the controls environment.
- University degree from a recognized university in Law, Finance or business-related fields.
- At least one full professional qualification in accounting e.g. CPA, ACCA CTA or an equivalent.
- 8 years’ experience in progressive tax finance roles, including tax reporting, compliance, and accounting.
- In depth experience and technical knowledge of tax accounting and disclosures for accounting purposes, including deferred tax and prior year adjustments.
- Experience in proactive management of tax matters, keeping up to date with changes in the regulatory environment and dealing with Tax Authorities will be an added advantage.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with confidence and influence diverse stakeholders.
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Last Date to Apply: Apr 23, 2023
Category Sourcing Specialist
The purpose of the role is to add value to the organization by effectively managing the procurement cycle and driving successful business outcome through the application of Category and Contract management. The role will create and implement sourcing strategies and collaborate with internal business partners and suppliers to drive efficiencies, reduce risks, and costs for Safaricom. Reporting to the Technology Sourcing Lead ,the role is responsible for the development of mechanisms and metrics to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery. The role will drive results through Life Cycle management of the signed contracts and demonstrate delivery of the overall category and business efficiency objective.
- Strategic interface between Business Units and Supply Chain /Primary contact Person for sourcing requirements.
- Lead and support sourcing projects for the Technology networks categories; from requirement gathering to contracting,
- Develop the category in line with the Technology Strategy and under the supervision of the Technology Sourcing Lead
- Maintain knowledge database of supplier’s markets, sub-categories, capabilities, technology, cost analysis and key performance indicators within the category.
- Champion value delivery initiatives in the category including cost reduction in line with efficiency programs.
- Develop, Implement and Maintain procurement Plans for the category.
- Lead and support sourcing activities, launch Request for Proposal, e-auction, and others.
- Negotiate and facilitate implementation of long-term agreements and / or partnerships within the category.
- Enforce supplier Payment Terms that are, cost favorable to the company and guided per policy.
- Perform contract analysis, risk evaluation and cost analysis and subsequent contract review to support efficiency programs.
- Develop and fully implement supplier catalogues/pricelists within the ERP system.
- Monitor the Supplier performance and drive correction action where required.
- Deliver categories reports & ad-hoc analysis and presentations.
- Work in an Agile way being part of cross-category and cross-functional projects.
- Contribute to the development of the Supply Chain policies, process and procedures in the periodical reviews as well as ensure compliance.
- Degree in Technology, Engineering, Business, or similar qualification
- At least a Graduate Diploma Qualification in Supply chain professional certification MKISM/ MCIPS/ MCILT or equivalent
- Is a licensed practitioner in line with the SPMA 2007 Act and has a valid KISM license for 2023
- At least 5 years’ experience in Procurement Category management leveraging ERP capabilities for procurement-related functions and processes.
- Is commercially astute, results driven and with excellent stakeholder management skills.
Last Date to Apply: Apr 28, 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.