Vacant Opportunities at TechnoServe Kenya
Vacant Opportunities at TechnoServe Kenya
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that hardworking people can generate income, jobs and wealth
- TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
About the Program
- Aceli Africa has partnered with TechnoServe to deliver a fully virtual training programme tailored to the needs of agri-SMEs domiciled in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. This digital training program focuses on business owners/managers of high-impact agri-SMEs whose annual revenues are between US$150,000 and US$500,000 with 7-25 employees. Businesses are taken through online course content, attend group sessions, and are provided with individual coaching from our experienced Business Associates.
- The overall objective of this assignment is to provide support to the program team in revamping the online training content and its graphics, working closely with the programme team.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Collaborate with the programme team to design and revamp the online learning content using eLearning technologies (Articulate 360/Rise) in order to meet the instructional requirements of the program.
- Support reporting and content adaptation by developing dynamic graphics and visuals for PowerPoint presentations, online training content and narrative reports
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing, accurate, and on-brand Online training content editable graphics (infographics, charts, tables, icons, etc) on PPT and PNG/JPG formatting
- Test graphics across various media
- Excellent computer/application skills along with an understanding of current e-learning development tools (Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, etc.)
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of high-quality illustrations or other graphics
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, collaboration, project management, and problem-solving skills
Financial Compliance Assessment
- Create a more competitive food processing sector that generates inclusive economic growth in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, and Zambia.
- Core activities include:
- Building the capacity of food processors to become more competitive through one-onone technical assistance and sector wide training;
- Working with processors committed to improving SHF sourcing schemes and reaching BOP markets, and
- Bringing together financial institutions to help broaden financing options for the sector.
- Cooperative Agreement 7200AA18CA00008 signed March 14th, 2018 and funded by USAID has been implemented in four countries for the past five years. The project was extended to end next March 2024. In preparation for the close out of the project, it has been identified the need to complete a compliance financial assessment for the period of March 2021- December 2022 to review the project’s financial records for this period and obtain an independent opinion about the finance compliance status of the project.
- The assessment has three primary purposes; examine and determine whether the project financial records are consistent with generally accepted accounting principles, in compliance with
- TechnoServe’s internal controls and applicable donor’s requirements, including but not limited to costs allowability, allocability and reasonableness as per applicable provisions of the award agreement.
- The assessment should provide an opinion about the compliance status with requirements such as financial reporting requirements, reporting host government taxes, travel costs – including
compliance with Fly America Act, compliance with direct and indirect allocation and with restriction for the use of funds as applicable.
- Additionally, the assessment should provide assurance that the project’s financial statements are free of misrepresentation and an independent opinion about the compliance financial status of the project.
The assessment should cover the following:
- Compliance with the terms and conditions of the award agreement.
- Financial Reporting requirements.
- Specific cost principles of the award agreements.
- 2 CFR 200 and 2 CFR 700.
- Source and Nationality.
- Travel Costs principles.
- Fly America Act Restrictions.
- Reporting Host Government Taxes.
Compliance with TechnoServe’s financial policies and guidelines as well as with local
applicable laws and regulations.
- Procurement policy and guidelines.
- Assets management policy and processes.
- Cash management.
- Supporting document for accounting transactions.
- Advances and reconciliations.
- Travel costs expenses/reimbursement.
- Any other applicable local law and regulation.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.