Vacancies at Save the Children
Vacancies at Save the Children
Vacancies at Save the Children
Vacancies at Save the Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Partnerships and Localization Specialist
- This new role will provide strategic and technical support on localisation and partnership and play a key role in the operationalisation of the Kenya Country Office localization strategy as well as the partnership strategy.
- This role will be under the direction of the Head of Awards and Partnerships and the Senior Management Team (SMT).
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Technical Support on Localisation & Partnership
- Provide technical support and guidance to the country office and partners on issues relating to localisation and partnership.
- Support country office in the design and implementation of initiatives/ projects that help advance the localization agenda/strategy.
- Support the design and update of relevant policies and strategies, including the Partnership & Localisation strategies for the country office.
- Take a lead role in partner engagements and partner assessments
- Support periodic partner mapping for the Country Office in collaboration with the Technical Specialists (TSs).
- Support the development of high-quality learning pieces on localisation and partnership, in collaboration with MEAL and ACCM teams
- Identify opportunities to share learning by partners and the country office at relevant forums (e.g. Charter for Change, webinars, development journals, etc.).
- Design and implement mechanisms that promote greater accountability between the country office and partners.
- Develop organisational learning resources on localisation and support their roll-out.
Management of Localisation Initiatives and Projects
- Effectively and efficiently manage a portfolio of localisation initiatives/projects through all phases of project cycle management.
- Support the review of all outputs from localisation initiatives/projects, ensuring quality control.
- Ensure all initiatives/projects comply with donor requirements and SCI policies.
- Track the expenditure of initiatives and projects and work with other functions to ensure timely expenditure of donor funds.
- Support the SMT to develop timely reports for their localisation projects/initiatives.
- Work with the SMT to monitor and evaluate projects and initiatives.
- Support baseline and evaluation reports for the country office localisation efforts.
- Compile reports for all localisation efforts globally and develop annual and donor reports on the country office’s work on localisation and partnership.
- Oversee the development of high-quality case studies for pilot initiatives/projects.
- Ensure that all project documentation is filed on SCI online systems.
Advocacy and Networking
- In close collaboration with the SMT, represent the country office at local and international localisation and partnership coordination meetings and spaces.
- Influence policies and practices that promote localisation, including through stakeholder meetings and advocacy briefs.
- Provide support to the country office and field offices on country and field-level advocacy efforts relating to localisation
- Support local partners/civil society to lead and participate meaningfully in national and international forums.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Charter 4 Change Working Group in Kenya, and support similar groups working to advance the localization initiative.
- Identify opportunities for the country office and Partners to profile their work and link into regional networks/forums on Partnership & Localisation.
Developing self and others
- Build relationships with members of other teams i.e. Awards, PDQ, Finance, Safeguarding, operations
- Key Involvement in capacity strengthening of partners
Communicating with impact and coordination
- Ability to engage effectively and respectfully with a diverse group of team members and partners from different parts of the world.
- Strong coordination skills especially with other functional areas and partners.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Relevant master’s degree preferable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least five years’ experience of working in a partnership-based model with local NGOs, Faith Based Organizations and/or Civil Society organisations.
- Experience of working in partnership across a diversity of local partners, including small to medium-sized organisations.
- Experience with programme and project cycle management
- Demonstrated experience of working with local organisations in transformative processes that strengthened their capacities, voice and influence and levels of funding.
- Familiarity with localisation policy instruments (e.g. Grand Bargain) and familiarity with current debates on localisation.
- Demonstrable understanding of the decision-making and international policy processes in the international humanitarian and development sectors and how these may be influenced.
- Experience in documenting and socialising learning and research in innovative and impactful ways
Closing: 30, April, 2023
Programme Support Services Assistant (Maternity Cover)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- In charge of warehouse at field office level, ensure TIMs and other warehousing records are updated daily.
- Support programme staff to develop procurement plans.
- Coordinate field office procurement requests and LPOs for local procurements liaising with Supply Chain Officers in Turkana and Programme Implementation team
- Coordinate delivery and recording of items sourced from local suppliers working closely with Turkana supply chain team.
- Communicate with IT and Supply Chain for maintenance or upgrading or replacement of any asset assigned asset and GPE assigned to specific Field Office.
- Responsible of goods and Parcel dispatches to Nairobi and the field respectively.
- Together with project staffs, develop appropriate movement plans to field sites that are safe for travel.
- Allocation of fuel to SCI fleet and hired vehicles guided by approved movement plans and ensure accountability in the log sheets.
Human resources and administration
- Lead administrative function to ensure the provision of effective administrative support in the field office. Ensure office is clean, well maintained and has all essential suppliers.
- Ensure the guesthouse is clean and well maintained.
- Responsible for casual’s labourers at the field level.
- Coordinate with Admin Nairobi on incoming and outgoing visitors for transportation and accommodations at the field
- Allocate SCI assets to respective staffs in the field office.
- Carry out disposal of obsolete assets
Financial accounting, planning and budgeting.
- Assist with documentation at field office level. Consolidate all financial documents generated at field office and send to relevant officers in Nairobi; these include supplier invoices, staff liquation, Mpesa payment lists, receipts, etc.
- Monitor field office and guesthouse utilities costs e.g. water, electricity, telephone/Mobile usage, billing, and others related office utilities.
- Scanning of all payment and share with supply chain and Admin focal point persons and Finance officer in Turkana.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Degree/Diploma in Procurement and Supply or Business Administration from a recognized University.
- Minimum three year’s relevant experience in Support Services within a busy organisation
- Strong knowledge/experience HR and admin, logistics and financial management.
- Proficiency in working with computers particularly spread sheets and word processing
- Demonstrates a strong drive and commitment to achieve agreed objectives
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience of working within a team and team building.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
Closing; 2nd May 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
LATEST JOB VACANCIES IN KENYA
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Open Call for Head of Support Services Candidates (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Call to Apply for Life Changing GIZ Jobs (Over 80 Positions)
- Amazing Offer ! Reports Specialist (Donor Relations) P3 Job at UNICEF
- Program Implementation Internships at Evidence Action
- TSC Contractual Teaching Posts; How to Apply
- TSC Internship Posts in Junior Secondary Schools; How to Apply
- TSC Internship Opportunities in Public Secondary School; How to Apply
- Internship Opportunities at Baringo Technical College
- Internship – Global Outreach and Regional Support at Interpol
- Internships at NMB Constructions; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Internship Opportunities at Northern Rangelands Trust; How to Apply
- Machakos County Advertises Job Vacancies; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Kisumu County Advertises Job Vacancies; Qualificatons and How to Apply
- Safaricom Kenya Vacancies; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Career Openings at Old Mutual Kenya; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Vacancy Openings at Absa Bank Limited
- 10 Best Opportunities For International Social Work Jobs
- African Union is Hiring a Procurement Officer
- Save the Children International is Offering 40 New Jobs World Wide
- Jobs at Office of the Special Envoy of the Secretary
- Transcription Agents Jobs at Ajira Digital Program
- Quality Assurancce Transcription Jobs at Ajira Digital Program
- QA Digitization Jobs at Ajira Digital Program
- Digitization Agent/ Scanning Operators at Ajira Digital Program
- Vacancies at Kiambu County Government
- Human Resources Intern at Africa International University
- Human Resource Analyst at Q-Sourcing Servtec Group
- Internship Opportunities at Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- Massive Recruitment at Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- Principal (Regular Secondary School) T-Scale 13 – 349 Posts at Teachers Service Commission (TSC)