Vacancies at Absa Bank Limited,
Vacancies at Absa Bank Limited
Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
Are you interested in exploring job opportunities at Absa Bank Limited? They have a range of positions available, so it’s worth checking out their website to see if there’s something that suits your skills and experience. Good luck with your job search!
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance
Employee Relations Manager
- To provide specialist advice and support related to the administration and assistance of employee relations’ related activities, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Reports to: Head of Employee Relations
- The role holder is responsible for provision of specialist advise and support related to the administration and assistance of Employee Relations related activities, and effective operational service covering the entire Employee Relations agenda.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split;
Disciplinary process, Grievance Handling, and Capability Management – Time split 50%
- The role holder will be involved in maintaining a progressive Disciplinary, Capability and Grievance policy and standards.
- Provide Secretariat in Disciplinary and Grievance (DC&G) hearings as a minute-taker.
- Keep track of documentation for all DC&G cases using ER Navigator.
- Performance Management i.e., tracking and reviewing the Back on Track Plans (Performance Improvement Plans) coordinating capability hearings and supporting managers in managing poor performance.
- Communicate routine disciplinary decisions to line managers and ensure proper and timely implementation of actions.
- Maintain an up-to date Case log of all Disciplinary and Grievance cases and circulate these to the Head of Employee Relations (ER) & Wellness and Business Partners (BPs’) on monthly basis for review.
- Prepare letters to assist Line Managers implement DC&G outcomes.
- Investigate and respond to all queries raised by the Union, People Business Partners or Line Managers on staff discipline matters.
- Liaise with line managers to ensure consistency of disciplinary procedures in the workplace.
- Working together with the Head of ER & Wellness, update DC&G procedure manual as and when changes occur.
- Supporting wide scale business changes, with a minimum degree of risk for the Group.
- Supporting the business to comply with Labour Laws.
Employee Relations Operational Service – Time split 20%
- Respond to routine correspondence from internal / external customers relating to Employee Relations including Certificates of Service, Recommendation Letters, Early Retirements etc.
- Deal with and respond to queries/complaints from staff regarding specific ER matters.
Employee Relations Administrative Support – Time split 30%
- Responsible for overall ER administration.
- Maintain up to date records of DC&G cases.
- Convene JWC (Joint Workers Committee) meetings.
- Convene and record minutes of all Joint Works Council meetings and distribute to all participants in timely manner.
- Co-ordinate in liaison with bank advocates, all litigation cases ex-staff, maintaining up to date Case Log.
- Day to day liaison with external and internal customers e.g., Lawyers, Unions, etc.
- Maintain up to date records e.g., updating physical/electronic registers and filing.
- Update staff records and any relevant database.
- Ensure prompt updating of relevant HR Information systems.
- Administrator to the Outsurance Scheme – Processing claims, refunds and providing reports.
- HR Representative at the bank’s Occupational Health and Safety committee (meet quarterly as per OSHA requirements).
Technical skills / Competencies
- Business Awareness.
- Stakeholder management.
- Delivering Results.
- Performance driven.
- Customer awareness.
- Collaborative team player.
- Critical thinker.
- Adaptable to responding to changing business priorities & responsibilities.
- Problem solving skills – ability to think outside the box.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
Specialist knowledge required to undertake the role
- A good understanding of the HR Policies, HR Services and Procedures.
- Report preparation skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to develop insights.
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Office Applications.
- Good all-round knowledge of Labour/Employment law and its practical application.
- An appreciation of the internal and external industrial environment.
- A good awareness of Disciplinary and Grievance procedures.
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Strong communication skills.
- Appreciation of the impact of HR policy on the ER climate and a good understanding of ER issues, legislative agenda and current affairs.
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- A degree in HR or related field.
- CHRP certification (or ongoing).
- IHRM membership.
Training and experience likely to assist effectiveness in the role and may have been completed prior to undertaking this role
- Best Practice Employee Relations.
- Discipline and Grievance Handling.
- Labour Laws.
- Performance Management.
- Business Partnering.
- Talent Management.
- To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of recruitment activities and processes in order to deliver on approved operational plans in an effective and efficient manner.
Reports to: Head of Talent, Leadership & Learning
Purpose of the role:
- This role will primarily lead and support all talent management practices across the business. The role in partnership with People Partners and business leaders will deliver the full spectrum of Talent management practices as defined within Absa. The role will be accountable for the entire hiring, and talent review and retention processes while working through the People Partners to ensure positive colleague experiences in performance management, talent development and exit. This is a strategic role responsible for assessing talent needs across the business and recommending relevant strategies, processes, and systems to advance talent management within Absa Bank Kenya.
Key Accountabilities & Time Split
Talent Acquisition: 30%
- Contribute to the definition and design of innovative sourcing strategies that will enable the establishment of a diverse pool of talent to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- On a regular basis, proactively explore all channels and processes to build diverse pools of talent. Utilize agencies, and pipelines, e.g., graduates and learners, internal and external databases, and other data mining approaches to source candidates.
- Implement creative direct to market talent capturing solutions for the Business, i.e., create and maintain a ‘potential candidate’ database, advertising on web-based job search sites, e.g., LinkedIn.
- Apply appropriate marketing approaches to attract talent for roles and Draft direct to market advertisements taking into consideration the recruitment criteria and the current business needs with regards to talent.
- Assess and shortlist candidates’ suitability for specific roles.
- Manage post interview responses and feedback to candidate’s candidate management experience.
- Manage the engagement between candidates, hiring managers, People Business Partners (PBP’s) from first point of contact until the on-boarding process through continuous feedback to business and candidates.
- Provide advisory and support in psychometric assessments, assessment centers and development centers for different roles and development resulting actions plans.
- Conducting research on peers, build industry networks, attend industry specific events, job fairs, and partner with labour agencies and tap into global networks.
- Oversight on onboarding of new hires.
Talent Management 30%
- Lead People Business Partners with Talent reviews, Talent mapping and designing development interventions for top talent.
- Maintain and implement up-to-date talent practices, procedures, and guidelines pertaining to end-to-end talent management in Absa.
- Partner with Learning and People partners to up skill people managers on end-to-end Absa talent management processes including hiring, Competency Based Interviews, Workday process, tools and assessment methods, career management and development, performance management, exit processes.
- Maintain up-to-date country top talent, critical skills, and succession data.
- Partner with Learning in the implementation of talent development and retention initiatives.
- Advise People and Culture leadership on emerging Talent management and retention thought leadership.
Talent Projects (20%)
- Manage the end-to-end key talent projects such as the Internship and Graduate Talent programs aligned to the policy.
- End to End Management of agency and third-party suppliers.
- Lead the employer branding initiatives.
Reporting and Metrics: 10%
- Determine with the Head of Leadership, Learning and Talent, what metrics are relevant and ensure that data is collected and captured to measure performance against metrics.
- Provide monthly Talent Analytics to enable evaluation of process and advice decision making.
- Manage and update Talent Scorecard and vacancy tracker for the business to enable monitoring of performance against sourcing plan.
- Support analysis of pertinent statistical data to identify trends and developments related to full spectrum of talent management and contribute to Group policies.
Talent Management Governance 10%
- Ensure that the application of the Talent Acquisition Policy and Talent Management Policy and process in the business adheres to the Policy and process.
- Review adverse risk assessments and provide recommendations to the Head of Leadership, Learning and Talent to approve or decline.
- Partner with the Head of Governance to manage any emerging risks, controls and maintain acceptable levels.
- Acts as Talent Acquisition quality controller and maintain Talent Acquisition standards at best practice within business units.
- Educate hiring managers on the relevance and importance of risk assessments.
- General HR management
- Employee selection procedures and techniques
- Benchmarking and horizon scanning
- Talent scouting
- Broad talent management practices
- Assessment Centre’s end to end delivery.
- Recruitment and talent sourcing approaches
- Customer excellence – service delivery
- Digital familiarity
- Effective communication
- Stakeholder engagement
- Analytical and critical thinking
Knowledge and skills:
- Advanced knowledge of the Kenya labour laws especially Employment Act
- Human Capital technology. Knowledge of Workday would be an added advantage.
- Have progressive experience in talent management; strategic HR; change management, digital transformation and likely some experience from consulting and/or advisory roles in international contexts.
- A good understanding of the HR Policies, HR Services and procedures, and the HR governance framework
- University degree in business management, HR Commerce, or industrial psychology
- CHRP Certification Kenya
- Organisational psychology/behaviour or similar will be an added advantage.
- Certification in running and interpreting assessments.
- Project Management qualification
- At least 4 Years’ experience in Talent Acquisition, Candidate on-boarding and Talent management in high growth areas with a record of execution of workforce plans
- End to end experience in talent management including talent identification, talent reviews and talent pool management.
- Experience in running assessment or development centers.
- Experience in managing Graduate Management and internship programs is added advantage.
- Experience in managing Applicants Tracking Systems (e.g. Taleo, Workday, Oracle)
- ‘A doer’ not simply a strategist. Hands on and energetic in follow through to see actions into completion.
- Proficiency in Workday Recruiting module
- Understanding of the People screening environment
- Experience in end-to-end Project Management
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.