Tala (formerly InVenture) Now Hiring
Tala (formerly InVenture) Now Hiring
Tala (formerly InVenture) builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Senior Web Applications Developer
The Senior Web Applications Developer helps build Tala’s frontend application to support market operations, new features and migration process. They push the team towards building a highly available, scalable, reliable, fault-tolerant, and performant platform. They are a great collaborator. The Senior Web Applications Developer follows and improves upon Tala’s engineering processes and standards while advancing Tala’s mission and business objectives.
This is a technical role within Tala’s technical track. You will report to the Director Production Support and collaborate cross-functionally with all Tala teams across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement features as defined in the Product roadmap
- Review design documents, perform code reviews, and weigh in on implementation choices from other technical teams
- Collaborate and support cross-functional teams (Product, Data, Credit, CX and Business Development) to ship scalable software solutions
- Help to continually improve our codebase with clean and efficient code as well as solve problems using the most appropriate technology
- Contribute to complete migration of legacy codebase to a microservices architecture
- Contribute to the testing infrastructure to increase code coverage for frontend modules
- Help advance monitoring and alerting capabilities of backend modules to allow proactive improvements to availability and response times
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Expert knowledge in building React based frontend applications
- Familiarity with one or more of the following languages: Java, Scala, Kotlin
- Expert knowledge in REST API design and development for mobile/web use
- Familiarity in building services as part of microservices architecture deployed in a cloud environment
- Experience working with both relational (MySQL) and non-relational (Cassandra, Redis) databases
- Experience working with a team distributed globally
- Ability to prioritize and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Agile development process
- Strong documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to interview candidates and evaluate technical skills and develop junior engineers
Software Development Engineer in Test
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain test automation suites to expand test coverage to all our legacy services and microservices.
- Integrate it into regression and release process
- Deliver tools to help test integration with 3rd party services (loans, Payment Rails, SMS/Email, KYC (know your customer), Analytics, etc.)
- Integrate automated tests execution into the software development process
- Collaborate with product lead and other key stakeholders to strategize rollout and support for quality releases.
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Data, Credit, and Business Development) in identifying automation areas to further increase the quality of our product
- Maintain, review, propose and implement improvements to existing frameworks, tools, and processes
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in building test tools and frameworks using Groovy/ Java/ Scala, Jenkins or similar CI-CD tools, Shell Scripting, Linux/ Mac OSX for either backend or frontend services
- Preferred Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and/or Math or equivalent skills
- Experience with BDD testing paradigm and one of the Behavior Driven Testing frameworks such as Spock or JBehave or cucumber
- Strong Knowledge in automation and microservices architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile development process (Scrum/ Kanban/ Scrumban)
- Experience with one or more version control systems such as Github, Gitlab, Perforce
- Experience in FinTech is a plus
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with a globally distributed team working in different timezones
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.