Sales Coordinator at Kempinski Hotels
Sales Coordinator at Kempinski Hotels
Kempinski Hotels S.A. is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. The group now has its head office in Geneva but was founded in Berlin in 1897 as the ‘Hotelbetriebs-Aktiengesellschaft’.
The Sales Coordinator is in charge of the office organisation. Assists in all administrative matters related to the Sales & Marketing department.
- Support the Director of Sales , Director of Sales & Marketing and the Sales Managers in their day to day activities and to assist them in achieving their personal and team objectives.
- Determine and implement the procedures and standards of an effective filing system.
- Provide adequate supplies of stationary and ensures that the following forms are used and kept updated at all times.
- Maintain and update inventory: control of all gifts and giveaways.
- Maintain an up-to-date operating manual of the department, incl. policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Compile monthly reports to be completed by 5th of each month.
- Compile statistics.
- Assist with the co-ordination of direct mail campaigns on behalf of sales and marketing, labeling, data collection and distribution of mail items.
- Ensure the efficient liaison between the sales office and other sales offices in sister hotels, including the distribution of our sales correspondence and collateral to other hotels.
- Annual contracting administration for corporate and leisure business.
- Ensure that store requisitions are submitted monthly.
- Ensure ordering of business cards.
- Ensure sensible and effective use of the telephone – all incoming calls promptly answered in an agreed manner.
- Ensure that calls are screened and dealt with in an appropriate way.
- All enquiries to be dealt with within 24 hours.
- Assist telesales research of existing/new clients within guidelines of Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Sort all incoming mail for the attention of the Director of Sales and Marketing and Sales Department.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality of information passing though the office.
- Record minutes of all meetings conducted by the Director of Sales and Marketing and any others as when directed by the Sales and Marketing team from time to time.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional, ethics, and attitude toward all hotel guests, clients, and colleagues.
- Coordinate and assist in organising sales trips.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the employee handbook and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the hotel’s employee rules & regulations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to them by management.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a luxury hotel
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Sales and Marketing.
- Experience in a similar role and proven track record may be considered in lieu of specialized education.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Knowledge in using Opera.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach always.
- Strong people leadership skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent speech skill; Knowledge of the English language is mandatory.
- Sound, checkable previous employment references.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
- Positive winning attitude, adaptable and ready to take on new challenges.