Safaricom Kenya Recruitment: Careers and How to Apply
Electrical Engineering jobs, Computer Science jobs, Information Technology jobs, Telecommunication job
Research and Design Lead
- Scout new technologies and vendors to enable innovation and identify technical enablers.
- Research and development of initiatives by sourcing, developing, testing, and driving new technology capabilities.
- Overseeing the engineering of product prototypes.
- Publishing of all research and design initiatives in a comprehensive manner and maintaining an accurate registry of all research and design projects with various statuses and ensure stakeholders are appraised at all times
- Developing test script, success criteria for testing prototypes and new technologies
- Drive business adoption of new technologies of research and design outputs.
- Coordinate with other engineers, management and partners on research and design projects.
- Support setting up of crowdsourcing initiatives to generate innovative ideas and concepts.
- Provide budget inputs for research and design solutions.
- Development of use cases that align and guide research and design initiatives by gathering, detailing and documenting business requirements.
- Conducting market research on emerging technologies and evaluating similar products and their functions.
- Guarantee successful research and design outcomes by providing clear roadmaps and requisite building blocks and actual development.
- Guarantee delivering 70% of the research and design programs on time
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Strong business acumen and mindset
- 5+ years of technical experience in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in designing systems and solutions.
- 3+ years’ Experience in Technical Leadership of large IT projects
- 3+ years’ Experience in RnD or Innovation tech role
- Team player who is skilled at building up and managing stakeholder relationships successfully
- Ability to persuade stakeholders and to champion effective techniques through delivery
- Ability to drive initiatives in new areas
- A curious and innovative mind that built things.
- Love for new technologies that purposefully drive impact
Senior Security Architect, Enterprise Managed Security Services
- Architect and design security solutions in line with best practices to ensure they meet Enterpriser customer requirements.
- Ensure Enterprise Solution have information security at concept stage.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and penetration tests against risk-prioritized infrastructure and applications and provide remediation recommendations.
- Conduct security awareness training for our enterprise customers.
- Design and implement SIEM solutions and conduct continuous tuning of rules and use cases
- Work closely with EBU product teams, Technology Security to evaluate the viability of vendor products for the MSSP
- Drive managed security products go-to market and uptake in the Enterprise market.
- Participate in definition of security requirements and acceptance criteria for new Enterprise customer solution
- Draft, evaluate and respond to Enterprise RFIs/RFPs
- Liaise with Supply Chain in the procurement process of Managed Security solutions/systems.
- Participate in the technical evaluations for security systems that run Enterprise platforms.
- Participate in selection of the best solution and present to the CAPEX board
- Ensure all vendors have up-to-date contracts (contract management)
- Implement Test, Deploy and Commission new systems for Enterprise customers.
- Develop the ‘as built’ Enterprise security solution for support handover
- Recommend major upgrades where required and liaise with the operations team when doing the upgrades especially if it affects the design/architecture of the Enterprise support system
- Ensure all security technology and processes implemented are continually improved to maximize on their returns/benefits
- Define metrics and report periodically that clearly demonstrate value to the enterprise customers
- Conduct research and development/security intelligence on new areas in security and present on them for sensitization and knowledge transfer to other team members/staff
- Ensure all security systems implemented have high availability and disaster recovery in accordance with best practices
- Ensure change management and system handover processes are followed
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Lead and implement integrations between internal and external solutions
- Serves as the technical liaison to the security product owner, internal security team and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal cross functional Enterprise customer facing domain architecture leadership
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology/Telecommunication
- Advanced professional information security certifications e.g. CISSP/CISM/CISA/GIAC/CEH/CPTP/OCSP
- Certifications in Security appliances OEM e.g. Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto will be an added advantage.
- Advanced Networking certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CCSP/CCIE
- Certifications in the use and administration of security tools e.g. Firewalls/IDS/Content Filters/Antivirus/Ethical Hacking tools
- Certifications in Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Certifications in virtualization technologies: VMware, HyperV, Open Stack
- IOT security
- Cloud Certifications like AWS, Azure
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Cyber Security Systems – e.g., Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Content Filters, Security Hacking tools, Antivirus, Encryption, Kali Linux, Burpsuite, Nexpose etc…
- Experience in IT Networks and Systems Administration e.g. Cisco, Huawei, Windows, Linux, Unix etc…
- Working knowledge of web technologies e.g. cPanel, ModSecurity, Apache, PHP, Joomla, WordPress and ASP
- Working knowledge of databases e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgress SQL
- Working knowledge of Virtualization Technologies e.g. VmWare, HyperV, Open Stack
- Working knowledge and experience in DevOps and Microservices technologies i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gitlab/Github etc…
- Working knowledge of Mobile and GSM technologies e.g. Android, IOS, 2G, 3G, LTE, USSD, SS7 etc…
- Working knowledge of encryption technologies e.g. PKI, HSM, PGP
- Excellent communication skills and team player.
- Excellent project management skills and proven task execution (getting things done).
- Superior report writing and presentation skills.
- Very analytical and logical thinking
- Self-driven with minimal supervision