Safaricom Kenya Announces Job Opportunities, How to Apply
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
Manager – Group Reporting
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Group Reporting, the position holder will manage the financial reporting requirements of the Group including consolidations, statutory reporting, and management of the interim and annual audit process. He/she ensures that the group processes are followed, compiles and reports the monthly, interim and annual financial accounts and results to management of the Group on a timely basis and in compliance with company procedures and the accounting policies set by the Group and in the formats prescribed. They will also ensure financial reporting controls are executed and remediation is undertaken where weaknesses are identified.
- Ensure compliance with all IFRS and IAS guidelines in local and group reporting including coordination of adoption of new IFRS and other accounting standards and interpretation thereof for proper accounting.
- Helping to develop and maintain accounting policies
- Administer and ensure achievement of all accounting financial and operational targets, and achieve Group and accounting objectives
- Coordinate with various departments and perform variation analyses for all technical accounting problems to frame accounting policies.
- Monitor and ensure the preparation of the overheads and trend analysis to explain the monthly movements.
- Collate and report weekly through trend analysis for all cost lines including the cost drivers to ensure any unusual movements from month to month with insightful explanations to ensure accuracy of monthly reporting provide expertise on how best to manage financial market exposures
- Reviewing publicly disclosed corporate financial information for accuracy and consistency.
- Qualified Accountant with CPA (K)/ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent with an honors degree from a recognized university.
- 5-7 years accounting experience in an international company or senior manager experience in the big four audit firms
- At least 4 years management experience
- Preparation of statutory accounts for over a period of at least 3 years and hands on experience in Group consolidation.
Engineer – Fixed Network Customer Services
Reporting to the Lead- Fixed Network Customer Support, the position holder will perform daily 2nd Level customer support, customer installations, service provisioning and partner operations for FTTX customers and resolution of 1st Line escalations within SLA in order to achieve and surpass Customer experience expectation for Safaricom Fixed Business by ensuring service requests are fulfilled within defined OLA’s/SLA’s for quality service delivery.
- Accept and resolve escalations from 1st line support, partners and any other stakeholders and deal with customers issues raised on email/phone.
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude.
- Troubleshoot, follow up, resolve and Analyze Ethernet /FTTX and wireless access network issues by closely coordinating with the relevant stakeholders and report on support performance.
- Support FTTX customers on Internal LAN troubleshooting and offer alternative solutions in line with emerging Technologies.
- Engage with Business Team & Partners on the ground to understand the challenges with Customer services & deployed Networks and close the gaps either working with one’s own team or cross-functional verticals.
- Strategize in coordination with different stakeholders to bring down the Customer complaint ratios/Demand Consistently.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures in all operations.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- Perform Daily Fixed partner performance tracking and reporting.
- Continuously review and recommend customer solutions to maximize service availability
- Anticipate potential problems and proactively give suggestions to Partners/Internal Teams in areas like process adherence, technology up-gradation/ optimization, better service delivery and Automation.
- Ensure Partner satisfaction by responding to all escalations regarding Deliveries & Fault Rectification.
- Oversee Fixed Customer solutions partners and effectively liaise with subject matter experts’ level 3 support players to diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix complex customer issues.
- Deal with escalations from all Fixed Customer solutions stakeholders and progressively update them on resolution activities and technical customer experience initiatives.
- Troubleshoot with vendors to resolve and proactively capture customer issues.
- Perform network and customer field visits to ensure and sustain quality FTTX network infrastructure.
- Capacity monitoring and reporting on Fixed Customer solutions ISP network resources.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance for proactive support of all Fixed Customer solutions customers.
- Perform root cause analysis on all incidents and problems to avoid recurrence and issuance of incident reports on the same to home stakeholders.
- Deliver excellence in Fixed Customer management by continuously training both partners, Dispatch and 1st line support teams on troubleshooting skills and best practices.
- Proactive communication of service outages, network changes and progressively update stakeholders during faulting.
- Continuously review and improve on the existing processes to benchmark on best practices and ensure adherence.
- Address technical issues on the ground. (Capability to handle operational & technical issue)
- Tracking and reporting on FTTX Inventory managements.
- Communication with Management Team on weekly achievements/ targets/ concerns.
- Comply with Health & Safety standards and provide weekly reports EHS.
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, BSc Electronics, Telecoms, MIS, or any related technical field.
- CCNP, CCIP, CCVP, HCNA, CWNA will have added advantage or equivalent certification.
- At least 2 years’ experience in technical support and preferably for an Internet Service provider or equivalent.
- Familiarity and experience with FTTH, GPON & wireless access technologies will have an added advantage.
- Capability to demonstrate ways to automate repetitive tasks will have an added advantage
- Proven customer service/support skills with internal and external customers
- Strong technical analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills, including research of customer issues, issue re-creation, log file analysis and excellent reporting skills
- Involvement in implementing and supporting customer-based products and solution
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.