Research Assistant at Save the Children
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / View Jobs at Save the Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
Role Purpose :
- The Research Assistants will work directly with the supervisors to collect data during different research and evaluation studies and any other data entry job within Kisumu County while called upon. The successful candidates will be retained in our roster database for a period of one-year renewable subject to performance. The engagement will be on need basis.
Key Areas of Accountability :
- Working with communities where the studies will be implemented to mobilize community members targeted during the interviews using appropriate channels.
- Conducting both qualitative and quantitative interviews (FGDs, KIIs, In-depth interviews and household assessments) for various studies and assessment.
- Collating data from all the tools and working with supervisors to ensure that data collected is of high quality
- Working with (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) MEAL team to troubleshoot data collection tools
- Submitting all data through the provided platforms, that include KoBo and CommCare and other survey forms as guided by the supervisor.
- Support in Office Clerical work at the support departments.
- Submitting daily field reports on progress to the supervisor during catch up meetings.
- Reporting any child protection/ safeguarding issue encountered during the assessment/study.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and education team
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
Collaboration and Collaboration:
- Establish good working relationship with BOMs, teachers and target communities members
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the education team, other colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions as per the country strategy
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Possession of a recognized diploma in a relevant field or a Bachelor’s degree (e.g., social sciences, development studies, public health, IT, statistics, biostatistics) or equivalent experience is an added advantage.
- Strong research experience in both qualitative and quantitative research (focus group discussions, in-depth interviews and key informant interviews)
- Experience using information communication technology (ICT) with reputable research organizations/NGOs will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili both written and oral.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and report writing skills.
- Applicants must be a resident of either of the following counties: Embu, Kajiado, Kisumu, Nairobi.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience in health systems and community structures is preferable.
- Local understanding of geographical context and Language will be added advantage.