Recruitment Jobs at Inkomoko
Recruitment Jobs at Inkomoko
Inkomoko’s vision is an Africa with thriving communities where young people and refugees are engaged, communities have access to relevant innovations for self-determination, and where African solutions are unleashed to solve African problems. Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has provided business advisory and access to finance for thousands o
Head of Research
About the Opportunity
This is a new position for Inkomoko and involves leading all the research initiatives of the organization and production of rigorous research insights for public presentation and internal decisions. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in management of multivariable research and collaborations, including with universities, etc. Specifically, the positions responsibilities include:
- Define the research strategy and roadmap in alignment with Inkomoko core learning objectives and strategic priorities
- Lead, design and execute qualitative and quantitative studies that address key business questions and determine impact at a systemic level
- Manage and coordinate external research to ensure that research is validated by external partners, and connected to larger research trends and studies
- Write/publish/present research papers at top-line industry conferences and publications to influence collective knowledge and with Inkomoko as a thought leader
- Proactive communications and engagement with cross-functional internal teams so insight is integrated into decision-making at all levels of the organization
- Analyze internal and external data and communication of insights in a clear and concise manner, influencing decisions that impact the direction of the organization
- Developing and implementing processes and systems to improve efficiency and quality of research deliverables as well as opportunities for process improvement. Lead initiatives to drive change
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including managing multi-country research in East Africa
- Master degree in a related field
- A deeply curious, logical, and methodical researcher, with great communication skills and commitment to our core issues of financial inclusion
- Proven track record of creating, publishing and presenting rigorous research
- Experience with technology to enhance research/manage data in a low-tech environment
- Impeccable integrity and commitment to letting data speak, but also bringing excellent communication skills to share insights with key stakeholders
- Proactive and ability to work independently
- Available to travel frequently across East Africa
Date of closing: Apr 21, 2023
Head of Talent Development
About the Opportunity
This is a new position for Inkomoko, with the opportunity to design and implement organization-wide practices for Talent and People Development. As a member of both the People & Culture team and the Office of the CEO, this position will help the company attract, develop, motivate, upskill and retain awesome team members to become their happiest, most productive selves.
Specifically, the position’s responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement in-house Inkomoko Academies – training and development programs for various positions (Leadership, Management, Business Advisory, Investments, etc) – blending customized in-house content delivery and external expertise and perspectives. The multiple in-house training programs should aim to enhance skills and knowledge, motivate and retain employees, and strengthen collaboration and team dynamics in alignment with our values.
- Advise the leadership on Talent Development strategies, incorporating Learning, Development, and Succession Planning, and how inputs from aspects like Performance Management, business strategies & organizational goals, personal aspirations, and market imperatives drive these strategies.
- Provide ongoing coaching and guidance to managers on Talent Management, and mainly engage the Director of People & Culture and CEO to grow our teams. Coach and collaborate with people managers on how to bring out the best in their teams, crafting specific performance-enhancement strategies with people managers.
- Promote an authentic and compelling employer brand that is all about talent and growth so that we can draw in the best talent from across the region to meet our needs.
- Evaluate talent strategies and value-for-money approaches in people development. Provide relevant reports and analysis to measure effectiveness, and resources needed to budget for talent development strategies.
For this role, the successful candidate will have these qualities;
- Very strong organizational skills and the ability to build relationships
- Good all-around communicator – approachable, warm, honest, transparent, and able to manage with confidence
- Shows perseverance, and personal integrity, is objective, with critical thinking
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Experience handling confidential information with discretion and sensitivity, extreme trustworthiness
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- A Bachelor degree in organizational development, HR, or substitutable experience
- Experience in program development, training, or facilitation for a diversity of learners
- 7+ years of relevant work in learning & development or as a training manager
- Advanced applied knowledge of the use of technology to enhance learning programs
- Proven experience designing complex processes and implementing them for organizational change.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships, influence outcomes, and gain respect as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrable commitment to justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Willing to travel frequently
Date of closing: Apr 28, 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.