Receptionist at CARE Kenya
Receptionist at CARE Kenya,
- Posted 1 day ago
- Job level: Entry Level
- Exp.: 2+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Specialism: Accounting, Commerce or Finance / Business Admin, Management or Development / Front-Office/Secretariat / Hospitality & Tourism / Social Sciences
Job Vacancy Description
Department/Project Administration and Logistics
Supervisor Administration and Logistics Coordinator
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs : poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it and our core values: TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, and EXCELLENCE then you are welcome to join us.
Under the direct supervision of the Admin and Logistics Coordinator, The Receptionist will serve as the first point of contact for visitors: Answers and accurately & professionally directs phone calls; greets clients and visitors positively; support in procurement data entry and office admin roles.
ROLES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
1. Front Office Management -50%
▪ Manage the front office/reception of the organization, attend to visitors, confirm their appointments, and respond to inquiries providing complete and accurate project information.
▪ Answer the organization’s main telephone line and transfer calls to the appropriate parties as needed
▪ Provide publicly accessible information to callers such as organization’s mailing address, website, and directions to publicly accessible office locations.
▪ Must use critical thinking skills to communicate information to appropriate parties.
▪ Manage and document correspondence between project offices, the client and other partners and stakeholders.
▪ Receiving and dispatching of office mail both internal and external
▪ Ensuring that the reception area is tidy and presentable with all the necessary stationary
▪ Receiving visitors and directing them to the appropriate offices or notify the host employee of the visitor’s arrival
▪ Coordinate meeting rooms bookings
▪ Attending to the organizational public email address and forwarding all emails to appropriate individuals for response
2. Support and Administration -30%
▪ Monitor cleanliness and supplies of all tea and water stations at the Nairobi office
▪ Inspect office and compound cleanliness on a daily basis and report to the Administrative Officer any anomalies
▪ Ensure meeting rooms are clean and arranged before and after meetings
▪ Develop a tracking system for all incoming and outgoing mail and all courier items for the Nairobi office
▪ Maintain and update internal telephone directory in conjunction with the ICT Coordinator
▪ Leave cover for the Admin Assistant
▪ Processing and tracking the Service Contract payment processing-Utility bills -water, security, electricity etc
▪ Kitchen supplies inventory management
▪ Raise the Purchase Requisitions and Goods Receipt note for the support functions in Nairobi
▪ Create approved vendors in Peoplesoft
3. Customers Service Excellence and other responsibilities-20%
▪ Ensuring provision of quality front office service
▪ Establish and maintain effective relationship with customers for improved service delivery.
▪ Leave cover for the Admin and Logistics Assistant and the Executive Assistant
▪ Other duties that may be assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Social Sciences, Hospitality or related fields from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience
• Experience in working in a similar role with international humanitarian organizations, non-government, or government institutions/organization with a multi-cultural setting
• Be approachable, display a positive and welcoming demeanor, and always be willing to assist.
• Excellent planning, time management, negotiation, and communication skills – ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing demands of the job
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Customer service attitude
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or computer skills, IT skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Fluency in professional written and spoken English and Swahili
• Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with COs’ internal and external customers. These include and not limited to.
▪ Other Country Office teams; Regional Offices, CARE Kenya Board Members, Program teams, Finance and Program support teams, Care Member Partner , Shared Service Unit
▪ Vendors, government agencies, peer organizations
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Receptionist at CARE Kenya
LATEST JOB VACANCIES IN KENYA
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Open Call for Head of Support Services Candidates (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Call to Apply for Life Changing GIZ Jobs (Over 80 Positions)
- Amazing Offer ! Reports Specialist (Donor Relations) P3 Job at UNICEF
- Program Implementation Internships at Evidence Action
- TSC Contractual Teaching Posts; How to Apply
- TSC Internship Posts in Junior Secondary Schools; How to Apply
- TSC Internship Opportunities in Public Secondary School; How to Apply
- Internship Opportunities at Baringo Technical College
- Internship – Global Outreach and Regional Support at Interpol
- Internships at NMB Constructions; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Internship Opportunities at Northern Rangelands Trust; How to Apply
- Machakos County Advertises Job Vacancies; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Kisumu County Advertises Job Vacancies; Qualificatons and How to Apply
- Safaricom Kenya Vacancies; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Career Openings at Old Mutual Kenya; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Vacancy Openings at Absa Bank Limited
- 10 Best Opportunities For International Social Work Jobs
- African Union is Hiring a Procurement Officer
- Save the Children International is Offering 40 New Jobs World Wide
- Jobs at Office of the Special Envoy of the Secretary
- Transcription Agents Jobs at Ajira Digital Program
- Quality Assurancce Transcription Jobs at Ajira Digital Program
- QA Digitization Jobs at Ajira Digital Program
- Digitization Agent/ Scanning Operators at Ajira Digital Program
- Vacancies at Kiambu County Government
- Human Resources Intern at Africa International University
- Human Resource Analyst at Q-Sourcing Servtec Group
- Internship Opportunities at Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- Massive Recruitment at Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- Principal (Regular Secondary School) T-Scale 13 – 349 Posts at Teachers Service Commission (TSC)