Quality Control (QC) Specialist at Africa Talent Contours Limited
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement QC Program and perform on-site QC functions to assure quality work.
- Perform QC reviews and compilation of all project documents such as test reports, certifications, and other documentations.
- Interfaces with disciplines to steward resolution of technical issues and non-compliant work.
- Prepare punch lists and ensure corrective action plans are completed within the agreed timeframe.
- Prepare and issue QC inspection status report and maintain non-conformance log.
- Be physically present during testing, certifications, and other witness points.
- Performs project material verification and prepares associated documents.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead QC meetings, mock-ups, and other QC related activities.
- Report quality issues to Quality Manager, Project Manager and Construction Superintendent promptly including regular updates for reporting requirements.
- Familiar with EM-385-1-1 and has experience in hazard identification and safety compliance.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must know about ISO 9001:2008 and/or 9001:2015 is highly desired.
- Must possess administrative, organizational, and computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion of multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Comfort with multi-tasking and handling multiple requests from different individuals and departments.
- Ability to work quickly and in a potentially high-stress environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to interact at all levels.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid country of origin Professional Driver’s License and be able to operate the assigned vehicles.
. JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Professional certification from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is highly desired.
- Construction Quality Management for Contractors or equivalent from the host country.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering (Civil, Electrical or Mechanical) based on a 5-year course of study from an accredited College or University is highly desired.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience in supervising civil, electrical, or mechanical construction work.
- Experience in Quality Conformance and Field Inspection.
Basic terms of the job offer.
- Assignment Duration: 12 months. Renewal subject to performance.
- Base Monthly Salary: 48 hours per week minimum work requirement: $1062.00 (based on 48 hr. work weekly requirement)
- Working schedule: 48 hours per week (8 hours per day/6 days a week)
- Payroll period: Monthly. Amount given as take home.
- Overtime: Work more than 8 hours per day or work performed on a rest day and/or holiday,will be paid as overtime at the base salary rate.
- Accommodations: Housing and transportation are provided
- Free meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) will be provided at the BOS Galley (DG Dining Facility).
- Laundry facility – Available in DG, means availability of washer and dryer at the respective barracks. Employees will do their own washing/laundry and employees will purchase their own laundry detergents, fabric softener, etc
- Sick Leave: Employee will accrue 2.67 hours of sick leave for each full month of service, beginning with the completion of the first full month of Foreign Service employment.
- Annual leave Up to 21 days paid at the end of each 12-month contract.
- Travel will be provided by the employer to the employee’s home country.
- Project Holidays: 10 paid holidays. New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, President’s Day, Philippine Independence Day, USA Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Your Passport must be valid for at least 12 months, with at least 6 total blank visa pages remaining.
- Your driver’s license must be valid for at least 6 months (unless processing for a CDL-required position, which will require 12 months remaining).
Apply for the position
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: www.talcl.com/careers/ using the position as subject of email.