Procurement Officer at Kenya Airways
Procurement Officer at Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The incumbent will beresponsible in implementing and maintaining cost effective procurementrequirements for the Kenya Airways Group of companies to achieve a safe,sustainable and reliable Supply Chain and increase shareholder value andorganizations profit.
- Ensure100% compliance on e-sourcing tool to execute sourcing activities.
- Manageend to end procure to pay process.
- ReviewPDI and confirm need before processing the PO. Align with user on need andbudgetary allocation/availability.
- ProcessPO within approved TAT 12 hours for stock items, 72 hours for non-stock item toensure 100% delivery to the business.
- Expediteon released orders as per delivery schedule. Ensure supplier adheres toquality, compliance and invoice accuracy.
- Analysessupplier performance and use discretion to decide which supplier delivers bestvalue to fulfil user needs.
- Participatesin supplier engagement and development work in achieving delivery of consistentQuality within specifications.
- MaintainSupplier Procurement trends to offer visibility of volume/value growthposition.
- Manageproject financials ensuring value for external relationships and drivingefficiencies in every approach.
- Adhereto KQ Procurement buying policies & procedures in all sourcing undertaking.
- Performperiodic spend analysis and market research.
- Leadupkeep of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) at approved locations.
- Implementprocurement processes to ensure efficiency, cost savings and best practices.
- Developdetailed sourcing and category plans
- to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- 100%system usage on all sourcing activities.
- Drivesupply optimization and harmonization initiatives.
- Supplierengagement, relationship management and KPI Accountability.
- Preparereports on supplier performance to ensure timely deliveries and qualityassurance.
- Organizeand facilitate periodic meetings with key stakeholders to review supplierperformance & strategies to improve the same.
- Enableand exploit supplier innovation to deliver competitive advantage and cost reduction.
- Manageday to day relationship with the supplier.
- Evaluationof supplier performance against specified performance indicators and SLA’s toensure adherence to key contract milestones.
- Providemonthly reports on procurement KPI’s against internal user targets to ensure alignment.
- Providesupplier performance reports for monitoring and evaluation.
- Identifyitems for disposal within each category to ensuring compliance to the companydisposal policy.
- Deliversavings through ensuring pricing on PO matches the contracted rates to supportthe business financial objectives.
- Ensureall sourcing is within allocated budget allocations.
- Degree in Business orany relevant area from a reputable Institution.
- Graduate Diploma inSupplies Management or equivalent from recognized institution.
- At least 2 years’relevant experience in the Department.
- Musthave Great communication skills.
- SoundNegotiation & Analytical skills.
- GoodKnowledge of tender procedures.
- Criticaland proactive thinking.
- Goodunderstanding of INCO TERMS and grasp of Supply Chain.
- Familiarwith Supply chain software to help procurement record transactions, managesupplier information.
- Familiarwith Inventory management systems to understand impact of inventory trackingand ordering processes and. with various software used to manage inventory.
- Adeptat using Microsoft Office applications – from Microsoft Word, used to createcorrespondence and reports, to Excel, used for producing spreadsheets on supplycosts and comparisons.
- Goodtrack record of Integrity and ability to commit to driving compliance andaccepting responsibilities of New SC values.