PO Cash and Markets at World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
PO Cash and Markets
- Responsible for the implementation of the all Humanitarian Cash & Markets activities in the County with focus on Food Assistance
- Contribute to effective and timely community-led identification and registration of Cash Transfer beneficiaries.
- Mobilize and sensitize representatives from line Government ministries, County Government and other stakeholders to proactively take part in strengthening community Structures.
- Identify/map out all existing players in Cash/Food Assistance programs in the project areas.
- Develop and impart necessary trainings for staff, community members and partners related to Cash & Voucher strategies.
- Jointly with partners take part in participatory assessments to inform best Cash & Voucher programming approaches.
- Support the implementation of Cash & Markets Initiatives through cash-based programming and or through other applicable approaches.
- Develop and maintain networks with partners and other stakeholders in the County and Sub County where the project is domiciled in order to maximize the impact of Cash & Markets efforts.
- Liaise with the Cash & Markets Technical Lead, Project Manager, and the DRR/DM Coordinator to effectively support the project to carry out all Cash & Markets Initiatives – assessments, designs, monitoring and evaluations – in accordance with WV established standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitor and support the timely and appropriate utilization of budgeted resources for all Cash & Markets interventions.
- Ensure Adherence to the CVP Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) in rolling out the Cash & Markets Initiatives.
- Timely and quality project implementation
- Budget utilization to acceptable thresholds
- Effective project monitoring and documentation
Accountability Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting
- Compile the necessary monthly, quarterly and annual reports for forwarding to the Project Manager and to the National Office capturing the progress against approved work plans and budgets.
- Attend the regular weekly and monthly planning meetings as called upon.
- Set up and build capacity of the Community Based Feedback Structures across the project sites
- Regularly document success stories, key learnings/innovation for sharing across the partnership.
- Adapt context specific digital processes on Cash & Markets activities
- Set up monitoring, accountability and learning systems to CVP programs: CHD, CRM among others
- In Collaboration with the Cash & Markets Technical lead and the M&E, to facilitate market monitoring and document lessons for sharing internally and with key partners
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and Project M & E Officer to ensure that appropriate controls, monitoring and evaluation tools are in place and being utilized in a timely manner in the Cash & Markets component
- Promote the use of digital systems (LMMS) for Activity tracking, Beneficiaries registration, Cash Distribution/Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) monitoring and humanitarian accountability and document lessons and share best practices to different stakeholders.
- Ensure regular program reports are generated and shared internally: Activity reports, Monthly reports, Semi Annual and Annual Reports.
- Ensure internal control systems are in placed to identify and manage potential risks associated with cash Transfer at the community level.
- Timely and Quality reports
- Documented learning and actions
- Innovations and new practices adopted and implemented
- Success stories, best practices & Lessons learnt well documented
- Capacity assessment and training facilitation on the identified gaps to project staff and partners
- Develop and impart necessary trainings for staff, community members and partners related to Cash & Voucher Interventions, to enable them effectively implement innovative digital solutions.
- Ensure ongoing coaching and mentoring of Community structures and project staff to ensure delivery of the desired results.
- Technical review and support the key project design documents and reports within DMT and across the WVK TPs
- Staff, Partners and Community capacity enhanced
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Cluster Manager, and Project Manager or designees.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for WVK to strengthen Cash & Markets initiatives in the County
- Sustained positive relationship
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- List education, knowledge & skills,
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Bachelor degree in the fields of: Social Science, Science in Economics, Statistics or related field.
- A postgraduate training in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Agriculture or related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of practical experience in Cash & Voucher Based Programming including: Market Price Monitoring, Community Based Beneficiary Targeting and Registration Process, Implementing Cash for Work/Asset Interventions in an emergency Response Context.
- Strong evidence of good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Financial Service Providers (FSPs).
- Experience working with both local and internal partners to design programs, implement or build capacity
- Experience in setting up functioning monitoring and accountability systems
- Understanding of program design process, and monitoring/evaluation Processes
- Management of complex government/institutionally funded programs/projects
- Highly flexible and organized, able to coordinate Community, Partners and Stakeholders including private sector players and guide the technical decision-making process.
- Demonstrate experience in Integration of Faith & Development in Disaster Management and beyond
- Able to manage multiple, simultaneous demands and willing to take on new tasks on an ad hoc basis as assigned by the supervisor
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team in a high-pressure environment while adhering to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility, ability to coordinate and build consensus.
- Ability to work well in and promote teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Proficient in written and spoken Kiswahili and English.