PATH Kenya Hiring in 2 Positions; Apply Now
PATH Kenya Hiring in 2 Positions; Apply Now
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise
Temporary Project Finance Administrator
- PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. Learn more at www.path.org.
- We seek to recruit a temporary Project Finance Administrator (PADM) for a period of six (6) months. The PADM will report to Senior Project Finance Administrator and will be responsible to perform duties for specific projects as directed.
- This position will be based in Kisumu, Kenya.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain project financial monitoring system that effectively tracks project expenditures against approved budgets.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain annual program budgets and work order budgets.
- Provide team members and donors with financial analyses and updates as requested.
- Develop cost proposals and budgets as needed.
Contract and sub-contract management
- Manage agreements, including consultants, technical services agreements, and subcontracts.
- Ensure that contractual requirements are met, including timely submission of financial reports to donors.
- Ensure that PATH policies, procedures, donor regulations and requirements are met Liaise with local and international partners, consultants, and vendors on all financial and contractual matters.
Working with field offices and headquarters
- Provide lead financial support to project offices and DC managed activities.
- Collaborate with field office PADMs and Seattle-based headquarters in all administrative and financial matters.
- Provide training, technical assistance and back up to field office PADMs regarding donor regulations and PATH policy and procedures.
- Other duties as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or related field, MBA preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant with at least five years’ experience in financial management.
- Experience in Budget monitoring and management will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, financial management and budgeting skills.
- Ability to coordinate project work involving team members at junior and senior levels across the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID and other international donor requirements as well as experience managing contracts, agreements, and sub-agreements.
- Ability to learn, adopt and champion new business systems and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Word and SharePoint, as well as the ability to learn other software tools readily and implement them successfully.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to identify business needs, gather and analyse information.
Human Resources Officer-HRH
- PATH Kenya is the lead implementing Partner for the USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto which is a USAID project funded by PEPFAR. The project’s focus is to increase use of high-quality, county-led health and social services, prevent new HIV infections, and reduce OVC and AGYW vulnerability. The project is implemented by PATH Kenya with ADS Nyanza as a consortium partner. The project is implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Homa Bay, Kakamega, Kisumu Nyamira, Vihiga, Migori, and Kisii, in close collaboration with and support of county health management teams, department of children and social services and the Ministry of Health of Kenya.
- PATH Kenya through USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto Project seeks to recruit a Human Resources officer who support the project’s Human Resources for Health (HRH) activities in Kakamega County. The officer will be responsible for a wide range of Human Resources functions that include recruitment, onboarding, records keeping, performance management, compliance with the statutory regulations, workplace safety, staff training and development, monitoring and supportive supervision and partnership building.
- Partner with the County health HR unit on HR issues relating to contracted staff (HRH) towards improved service delivery in project supported sites.
- Provide oversight and coordination in the County recruitment processes i.e., participate in drafting job advertisements for vacant positions, screening applications, short listing, interviewing, and deploying heath workers to project supported sites for efficient service delivery.
- Advice/update the project management on HR statutory requirements and policy matters.
- Take leadership in responding to all HR queries as well as provide first line support by responding to queries directly fielded by staff via phone or email. Ensure queries are addressed in line with stipulated turn-around times. Manage any emerging as well as existing HR concerns and provide internal communication support on Human Resource issues. Escalate issues that require higher level management promptly.
- Actively participate in HR audits, ensuring that contracts and other relevant documents are filed and retrieved in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to enable support and management of contracted health workers in the county i.e. onboarding, supervision, timesheet management and grievance handling. Management of timesheet processes include: receipt, recording, tracking, stamping and onward transmission for payroll processing.
- Validate payroll data and timecards before presenting the same to finance for processing.
- Ensure that there is accurate tracking and monitoring of all types of leave for staff and reconcile with timecards before submission and filing.
- Support verification of staff presence at post on a weekly basis, in close liaison with project staff as well as facility in-charges. Conduct spot checks, scheduled site visits and other initiatives to ensure staff are accurately paid as per the days worked.
- Ensure timely communication and coordination on matters relating to contract workers transfers, disciplinary issues as well as work attendance monitoring.
- Support in the implementation of the county HRH priorities.
- Support the county to adopt and implement the prevailing HRM policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate the implementation of performance management systems and staff appraisals at the county.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate staff records and filing systems and ensure the HRH data is updated.
- Update facility supervisors and the project of any changes that occur in terms of staff movement, absenteeism, etc.
- Prepare required reports (monthly, quarterly & semi-annual reports).
- Perform any tasks as may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelors degree in Human Resources (HR) or related field.
- A higher diploma in HR Management (A masters degree in HR will be an added advantage)
- At least five (5) years relevant and progressive HR experience in Human Resource Management in a busy HR office.
- Familiarity with public sector HR issues. Experience in managing the HRH (Human Resources for Health) is highly desirable and an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure and work as a team player in a diverse working environment.
- Flexible, detail oriented and adaptable to changing priorities to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite required, additional software preferred.
- IHRM Membership (of good standing).
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.