Openings at Fondazione Lâ€™Albero Della Vita Onlus (FADV)
Openings at Fondazione Lâ€™Albero Della Vita Onlus (FADV)
Way back in the Christmas of 1996, a group of like-minded men and women united by the fireside in Assi and gave birth to Fondazione L’Albero della Vita (FADV). They had a strong desire to find a purpose to live more meaningful lives. They strongly desired to make differences in lives of children and youth living in difficult conditions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in processing financial transactions related to office and project expenditures, and maintain an effective filing system for financial transactions and project documents.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of financial transactions in order to monitor financial status of project activities, ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported.
- Help in review request for payment to ensure data is reconciled with financial management system.
- Maintain all payment vouchers, accounting logbooks and supporting documents.
- Ensure accuracy of accounting entries and adequacy of supporting documents.
- Assist to generate the payroll by-products (deductions) reports.
- Assist in submission of statutory deductions (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, HELB etc.)
- Facilitate the procurement requirements of the project office on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
- Assist the Finance officer in the preparation of the financial reports for all projects implemented in Kenya by The Tree of life.
- Support the preparation and update of the inventories.
- Assist the Finance Officer in the preparation of contracts with suppliers, partners and service providers.
- Participate in the audit process: retrieving documents for audit requests and re-archiving of documents after the audit.
- Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post.
Level of studies:
- Candidates applying for this position must have completed and attained a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance) or Economics or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Computer Applications (Ms Office and accounting packages).
- At least 6 months working experience. Previous exposure in a community development organization or non-governmental institution would be asset.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- Working knowledge of accounting software (ability to use English language software).
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines.
Communication and Social Media Officer
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the preparation of communications and advocacy budgets.
- Review, consolidate and implement the communication, visibility and advocacy component of the RISE project, as per project and budget approved, in synergy with the communication office of Tree of Life Headquarters.
- Manage the Tree of Life social media channels in Kenya (Fb, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.), as well as the website, updating the editorial content of Tree of Life, ensuring regular and timely updates and information sharing about the work of Tree of Life, scheduling social media posts on all platforms at different times of the day/week.
- Ensure an increase in exposure and followers on social media; monitor and report content performance, engagement, and community growth to guide future targeting and planning.
- Design, develop and edit communication media (newsletter, updates, posts, etc.), preparing high-quality online and published materials to convey clear and effective messaging.
- Collect visibility and information materials, strengthening and ensuring proper visibility of the organization and the RISE project in Kenya, through various activities and channels.
- Create and schedule content for communication supports online and offline: document results and best practices including compiling impact stories, lessons learned, articles, key messages, interviews, blogs, developing presentations and other communication materials, to increase the visibility of Tree of Life projects and their results, disseminating communication products as per communication strategy.
- Structure and monitor editorial and communication processes and procedures: follow-up of monitoring communication tools, field-to-head office in Nairobi, templates to collect information from the field staff, etc.
- Ensure that all developed materials maintain a high degree of consistency, accuracy, and relevance.
- Maintain a communications and marketing assets library, including photos, videos, case studies, and social media graphics and visibility materials of Tree of Life operations.
- Support program teams for project visibility and donors’ visibility, ensuring compliance with all donors’ visibility guidelines.
- Review and improve deliverables developed in the framework of the Tree of Life ongoing programs, such as manuals, guidelines, SOPs, Concept Notes, etc.
- Contribute to the development of programs-related documents, such as Fact sheets, Capability statements, Presentations-Ppt, Concept Notes, etc.
- Enhance stakeholders’ understanding on Tree of Life operations through dissemination of relevant communication and media related information at national, regional, and international level, monitoring news outlets to explore opportunities to introduce the work and mandate of Tree of Life.
- Influence key stakeholders, media, policy makers, NGOs, and governments about Tree of Life programmes and views, through identified media outlets, social media platforms, website.
- Any other duty as required by the supervisor in line with the post and relevant to the achievement of the Tree of Life objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor degree in Communication, Marketing, international relations, international development or related discipline from a reputable international or Kenya institution.
- Ability to leverage proper marketing across key social media and communication platforms.
- Strong writer and analytical reader, especially for deliverables to be developed for external stakeholders (e.g. donors & partners).
- Communication, presentation, networking, and advocacy skills.
- Ability to write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases and any other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and services.
- Ability to work independently, suggest practical solutions and follow-up effectively on the management decisions.
- Good planning skills, pro-activity, creativity, and ability to meet the established deadlines.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian and development context in Kenya and East Africa
- Computer skills (Microsoft office word, excel, etc.).
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to summarize complex information in clear, non-specialist language.
- Confident in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly in changing circumstances.
- Background knowledge on development issues and /or areas related to Child Protection and Education will be a strong asset.
- Motivated by our vision of creating a world where everyone is an educator, and where Children are the key actors of human and social development, being a faithful reflection of the past, present and future of the growth process.
Other Skills Required
- Honesty and strong ethics are required in order to be successful in this position.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn – open to learning new ways of doing things.
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
- Planning and management skills.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in media & communications work and advocacy, marketing or fund-raising sector and carrying out similar tasks.
- Proven track record of managing media platforms, producing media content, using digital marketing methods, with a view to building and maintaining online engagement.
- Proven experience in planning and organizing events and activities.
- Photo & Video production and editing skills and experience; good knowledge of visual design and layout development for information materials.
- Experience of working with diverse teams, as well as ability to work with partners using effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Method of Application
Application (Cover letter and CV with two references) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying in the subject Finance/Accounts Intern Kenya
Deadline for application is 28th May 2023
Do not attach in this phase ID documents, school or university certificates, or any other unrequested document.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.