Customer Service Officer
- A Temporary employee in the Rest of Africa business.
- Provides a service as a temporary employee covering many fields.
- 30 June 2023
- The main aim and purpose of the role is to ensure that there is delivery on daily production through taking personal responsibility for work allocated as well as collaborating effectively with other team members. Production should be within service delivery standards set by the standardized operating procedures. This role also responds to administrative queries per the set timelines. This role is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with other departments that its dependent on.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and submit daily cash reconciliation and monthly asset reconciliation with custodians and ensure that the reports are accurate, and any cash and securities outstanding items are properly justified and followed up.
- Maintains orderly and readily obtainable reconciliations records for research and examination purposes.
- Assists/performs operational testing of system enhancements and new software applications related to cash and asset reconciliation for accuracy and usability.
- Take on Assets for new clients and Sell off Assets for transferring clients to ensure proper record maintenance.
- Escalate and provide appropriate documentation to management in a timely manner for open items that exceed the aging standard.
- Researches, identifies, and provides resolution on complex unreconciled items with minimal supervision.
- Conduct root cause analysis of unreconciled items in order to solve all discrepancies that create control breaks.
- Create opportunities to improve the overall process of reconciliation by interacting with different stakeholders to resolve unreconciled issues.
- Develop and maintain written operational procedures for all tasks performed and cross train to provide effective support to all team members.
- Identify areas where controls and procedures can be improved in the preparation of the account reconciliations and propose solutions.
- Data Management – Protection and Privacy – Ensure privacy of client data is maintained as aligned to the Data Protection Act of 2019. Ensure alignment and conforming to BU Data Governance Frameworks.
- Ability to flexible, agile and adaptable to change.
- Time management and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to communicate and work well within a team.
- Ethics & Integrity
Risk & Compliance Management, Control Environment, and Internal Governance
- Escalate risks/control breaks to management when identified. Assist in management of those risk/control breaks.
- Assist in audit management process as required by manager.
- Compliance to all regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Personal input in management of unit’s budget by avoiding wastage of resources and expenses.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 3-5 years in Fund Management Operations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and Microsoft excel skills.
- Strong aptitude for query design, documenting requirements, and process improvement.
- Attention to detail by being able to perform defined, repetitive processes accurately and efficiently.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years in Fund Management Operations or banking Operations.
- Knowledge of financial service operations and financial markets
- Certifications in ACCA, CPA, CISI.
- Business related degree from a recognized institution.
08 July 2023
Head of Tax
- Tax leadership in Old Mutual, Faulu and UAP Group which include territories such as Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Rwanda and DRC Congo
- Develop, document and implement tax planning strategies within the group including preparation of key documents on certain tax positions for board approval and adoption
- Provide tax and related guidance to senior management on tax related strategic issues that will benefit the group
- Develop and implement Group sharing model and Transfer pricing documentation for the group
- Offering tax leadership on all tax matters in the combined group in Kenya and subsidiary notably Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Rwanda and DRC Congo scanning on Long term, short term, Banking, Asset management and investment businesses
- Direct all tax compliance matters including coordination, preparation, and review of all monthly, quarterly and annual returns for the group to ensure that at all time the group is compliant
- Advise on the tax effect on introduction or changes in business structure, mergers and acquisition and group transactions and react accordingly with tax planning recommendations.
- Advise on tax efficient ways on business contracts, new product within the group
- Develop and maintain transfer pricing documentation for the group, liaising with the revenue authority and head of transfer pricing for Old Mutual PLC to ensure the document is adequate, relevant and mitigates transfer pricing risks
- Develop, document and present and maintain group cost sharing model that shares the group cost appropriately and is located in the best tax optimal entity
- Working closely with Chief Finance Officer (CFO) on key tax items considerations in acquisitions/ mergers to ensure all the tax items and risk are appropriately considered and mitigated
- Conduct and manage group tax health check in all territories to minimize any tax exposure and put mitigation action in place
- Advise the senior management and the board on changes in tax legislations, new development such as double taxation treaties, case laws that will affect old mutual group
- Developing relationship with Key stakeholders such as tax revenue authorities, Capital market authorities etc with the aim managing any issues within the group
- Research the tax implication for the group expansion in to new territories
- Good tax compliance status in the group including the subsidiaries
- Overseeing the development and review of the monthly and annual tax provision of the group, maintaining all tax accounts including financial statement footnotes and analysis for both internal and external stakeholders
- Resolution of revenue authority tax audit issues for any entity in the group
- Working closely with Old Mutual Africa Head of tax on monthly, quarterly, and annual group tax reporting requirements
- Successful implementation of group share model and transfer pricing documentation within the group
07 July 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.