Officer, Account at Standard Bank Group
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value.
Officer, Account Support
Provide a support service to the personal and business markets with regard to new account processing, account maintenance and investment rollovers. Understand the risks associated with opening of accounts, dealing with mandates and specimen signatures as well as maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards. Understand the risk associated with account opening, account management and anti money laundering and well as maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Proactively manage AML, Account Excesses, KYC Remediation, Loan Arrears and Digital penetration and Utilization.
Account opening, maintenance and closing
- Review and maintain data effectively and accurately.
- Process and maintain related documents and records.
- Ensure that routine compliance procedures and controls are followed in order to minimize the risk of loss through the opening of fraudulent and undesirable accounts.
- Comply with the Code of Banking Practice at all times.
- Follow detail processes and procedures that pertain to the activities above.
Mandates and KYC
- Obtain mandates and KYC for all accounts, where required.
- Ensure that mandates are correctly completed and conform to legal requirements.
Administration and Service
- Ensure the timeous processing and review of investment rollovers.
- Correct exceptions on KYC remediation and operations exception reports promptly.
- Ensure that archiving of branch related documentation and branches is done promptly and accurately.
- Resolve account detail queries and problems within laid-down time frames.
- Sell the bank’s product as per set targets.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
Account Management/Controls/Compliance and BCM
- Ensure total Adherence to processes & procedures
- Ensure BCM-BRPs and BIAs held for branch and successful testing done.
- Ensure Net Operational Losses to be contained within 1% of branch gross Income.
- Ensure zero Repeat Unsatisfactory Audit Ratings
- Ensure zero Overdue Audit Action Items Over 30 Days
- Ensure Know Your Customer (KYC) Compliance for both Legacy and New Accounts at 99%
- Ensure Mandatory Compliance Training to be Completed in Full
- Ensure Closure of AML alerts within 48 hours.
- Ensure STRs to be raised within 48 hours.
- Ensure Customer due diligence queries to be responded to within 48 hours.
- Ensure Customer anniversary reviews to be completed within timelines as advised by Compliance.
- Ensure Arrears management below 5% of Branch Portfolio
- Ensure Dormancy management below 5% of Branch Portfolio
- Ensure Excess Management below 10% of Branch portfolio
- Degree holder from a recognized University (min – 2nd class upper or equivalent).
- A broad understanding of the bank’s procedures and policies and the application of the Group Reference Guide with particular emphasis on the account opening environment, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Understanding of service and Managing Local Market sales initiatives.
- 3 – 4 Years branch banking experience, with exposure to frontline.