Newest Jobs at World Vision Kenya Apply Now
Newest Jobs at World Vision Kenya Apply Now
Newest Jobs at World Vision Kenya Apply Now
Newest Jobs at World Vision Kenya Apply Now
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice
Enrich Grow -M&E
Programmatic and technical support for DM&E processes & products for nutrition projects
- Coordinate and provide technical oversight on all nutrition DM&E processes and products including review and update of project log frames, M&E Plans, Project indicators, monitor periodic targets and development of detailed implementation plans.
- Lead the planning and implementation of nutrition surveys using Standard Measurement Assessment of Relief and Transitions (SMART) methodology, Semi Quantitative Evaluation of Access and Coverage (SQUEAC) methodology and Lot Quality Assurance Sampling and Knowledge, Altitudes and Access (KAP) in nutrition projects in line with MoH guidelines
- Ensure timely dissemination of assessment reports to staff and stakeholders at National and county level.
- In liaison with Project Managers ensure Health Information Systems and Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) and other nutrition databases are updated as required.
- Development of nutrition situation analysis to inform nutrition programs at National and County level.
- Support nutrition teams in integrating humanitarian accountability partnership initiatives in project implementation.
- Build the capacity of M&E officer(s) and other field level teams on data collection, analysis and interpretation for impact.
- Developing internal reporting schedules & templates, clarifying what level of information is needed and where, with key responsibilities assigned, and reviewing proposals, with a particular focus on checking log frames and ensuring indicators are SMART
- Identify and document nutrition projects geographical coverage and produce a RS/GIS activity /Project maps.
- Oversee the development of all Nutrition DM&E products and processes including development of tools and guidelines for data collection, collation and reporting.
Project Assessment, Monitoring, Reporting & Evaluation
- Provide technical leadership in implementing/mainstreaming the project M&E system to the existing M&E system in WVK.
- Monitor project implementation levels across three Counties and report progress, impact and best practices.
- Provide support in the maintenance of a comprehensive and updated database for ENRICH GROW Grant.
- Provide technical leadership in carrying out baseline assessments, and end of project review across the three counties of the project sites
- Support development of ToR in collaboration with other project teams and identify specific data requirements
- Use process, output level quality benchmarks as reference to undertake field monitoring visits, focusing on programme quality aspects, discuss with relevant staff and share reports with relevant colleagues.
- Take charge of collating and analyzing data and synthesizing information, updating the monitoring matrix and other monitoring tools in place.
- Ensure timely analysis of monitoring data and dissemination to key stakeholders for management decision making.
- Follow up with project teams on programme quality improvement action plans. Ensure action points are followed up and relevant measures taken and incorporated into programming.
- Designing situation analysis, needs and baseline/end line assessments, external reviews, evaluations and documentation, and identifying resources, including technical resources, both within WVI and externally.
- Support the implementation of processes to review the quality of existing project data, information collection methods and the suitability of the existing data for the provision of sound baseline information.
- Representing the principles and work of WV to donors, Government, Media and other humanitarian stakeholders.
- Ensure established linkages between the M&E system of the project and the Humanitarian accountability requirements.
- Timely submission of monthly situational report
- Always ensure to store collected data securely as per policies relating to data protection for the project
- Coordinate project reflection and learning sessions in conjunction with other grant staff and project partners.
- Disseminate all project information related to M&E to staff and partners across the three counties
- Ensure Project alignment to the donors and support office evaluation protocols and methodological tools
- Provide MIS content/requirements and feedback to project team and document progress on indicators/achievement of targets (Logical Framework Approach – LFA) using Indicator Tracking Tables (ITT)
- Support the development of systems and processes for the implementation of M&E policy and procedure based on WV best practice, developing frameworks to integrate impact assessment and learning and knowledge management into the programme and project cycle;
- Plan tracking for Project indicators of strategic relevance from secondary and primary data, with partners and communities
- Maintain a tracking spreadsheet for M&E activities and events – baselines, assessments, reviews, evaluations – tracking trends and recommendations, progressing their implementation where appropriate.
- Compile, consolidate and analyze quantitative and qualitative project data and contribute into subsequent reporting through monthly MEAL reports, updates, successes and issues from the MEAL tracking tools.
- Review of reports, ensure alignment with LEAP and donor standards, and are timely submitted.
- Ensure the development, contextualization and refining of M&E tools and resources needed to implement humanitarian accountability issues.
- Take lead in the analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and areas for improvement.
- Support remote sensing and GIS Mapping of Program activities, Outputs and Beneficiaries in all the Counties
- Ensure the appropriate use of information management systems in compliance with WV Kenya, GoK, and BMZ in line with partnership agreements.
- Support management and updating of the CMAM Database.
Networking, Collaboration & Accountability
- Coordinate with external stakeholders including, but not limited to, academia, NGOs, Government, and Private Sector in order to advance the learning goal of the project.
- Ensure sensitive complaints collection and handling through development of functional systems within the project.
- Ensure accountability assessments are conducted and capacity of staff built to undertake accountability assessments.
- Ensure effective community complaints response mechanisms in collaboration with communities are developed and functional.
- Comply with and promote WV policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle blower and Fraud.
Learning, Documentation & Capacity Development
- Ensure continuous learning and documentation of lessons learnt and best practices for program design, monitoring and evaluation frameworks related to emergency response.
- Coordinate the sharing of learning related to MEAL practices across offices and provide support when internal/external reviews, evaluations, and lessons learned exercises should be employed.
- Support the development of project case studies, human interest stories, documentaries and other related materials.
- Organize/ project learning events to document lessons learnt, good practices and areas of improvement.
- Ensure that lessons learnt and reports are documented (printed, visual) and published for sharing with the donor and other partners and proactively share information and learning with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop capacity building plans and support WV and partners in building their capacity in M&E, Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and in the management of information systems, development of required formats, key indicators, needs assessments, frameworks for evaluation, qualitative documentation of outcomes and impact of projects.
- Ensure timely implementation of projects and follow up on deliverable completion of work plans and budgets, ensuring due dates are met
- Liaising with the relevant units/departments to ensure the completion of activities and documentation to support the procurement plans of the project
- Assist in ensuring effective communication within administration team and logistics
- Coordinating with partners on implementation of the project
- Create a list of electronic project documentation/files including reports, approvals and any other relevant documentation for historical record
- Ensure adherence to donor and WV policies and standards and regulations
- Provide overall leadership, coordination, management and administrative support in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Attend and participate/ lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge & Qualification Requirements
- Minimum Three years’ practical experience in Nutrition M&E system coordination/ implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body
- Good analytical skills with appropriate attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills.
- High professional ethics and integrity
- Good Empirical knowledge of humanitarian codes, principles and practice;
- Experience in quality assurance systems, and continuous improvement, with particular emphasis on integration of accountability measures into all aspects of the project cycle;
- Experience in Data collection on the Open data kit plat form and other mobile based applications, data analysis and interpretation
- Computer literacy in MS office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience in data/statistical programmes e.g. SPSS, Stata etc.
- Excellent team player with ability to work under minimum supervision
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Social sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation or Statistics or related discipline from a recognized University.
- Certification in M&E and in conducting Nutrition assessments or equivalent
- Experience in handling Nutrition programs and conducting Nutrition Surveys including SMART Survey, KAP Survey and SQUEAC Survey.
- Experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
- Experience in working on donor funded programs
- Good understanding of Nutrition programming in emergency and developmental contexts
Resource Acquisition Specialist
Duties And Responsibilities
Growth of Grant Income as per RAM Business Process as a result strengthening GAM business process
- Lead engagement exercise with WVK identified donors as related to WVKs donor mapping and tiering guidelines.
- Identify donor priorities and intelligence on upcoming opportunities
- search for information that will facilitate positioning and establishment of partnership for opportunities
- Lead the proposal development process in partnership with NO teams, SO and external partners/ consortia as relevant
- Coordinated procedure for managing new opportunities including Grant start-ups
Donor attraction and retention
- Actively seek out strategic alliances with donors, NGOs, UN, governments, Support Offices, bilateral and multilateral agencies for purposes of coordination fund raising
- Pro-actively provide donor updates on existing grants and keep the donor relations on course to ensure repeat funding.
- Ensure good donor and World Vision International Support Office relations by meeting all contractual obligations and achieving high quality planning and implementation of RAM activities
Grants start-ups Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation and Knowledge Management
- Coordinate with Grant compliance Due diligence, pre-teaming, teaming process and sub-grant Agreement
- Lead the handing over process of awarded opportunities and support start-up processes of grants as relates to business process.
- Lead the process of after-action reviews after every submitted opportunity and document lessons learnt to improve our process
- Participate in donor grant monitoring trips as feasible
Capacity Building for staff on Grants Acquisition and Management
- Support identification of WVK staff capacity gaps at all levels (NO, Regional & County) in regard to grants acquisition and donor requirements.
- support the development & implementation of NO GAM capacity- building plans.
- Facilitate capacity building on proposal development, donor engagement, WVK Branding and monitoring & reporting based on donor requirements.
- Research, develop & implement new initiatives that make GAM function more effectively e.g. Sub granting
Qualification,Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Public Health OR Food nutrition and Dietetics (FOND), or relevant field from a recognized University. Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience, 3 of which must be in grant acquisition and donor engagement,
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in leading and coordinating teams
- Must have experience in designing and programming project in the sector WASH, Health, nutrition, Livelihoods
- Ample experience and expertise in partnering with government donors, multilateral donors and private sector
- Ability to work under tight schedules and with highly competing priorities and deliver quality results
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Writing and presentation skills
- Computer skills especially Microsoft
- Proposal Pro/ equivalent training will be added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in community development work, partnering and consortium management, staff capacity building,
- Ability to motivate multi-stakeholder teams and inspire teamwork and to manage donor expectations
- Experience in engaging with bilateral, multi-lateral donors and private donors;
- Significant experience in project management and grant compliance procedures.
- Demonstrated strong grant writing; ability to develop quality concept notes, proposals, logical frameworks and reports under tight deadlines
- Proposal Development and grant acquisition
- External Engagement
- Grant Implementation/ Management: Compliance and risk management
- Knowledge transfer and management
- Bachelor Degree in Development Studies or related field.
- Training in humanitarian standards is desirable with specific training in donor requirements e.g. BHA, GAC, ECHO, DANIDA and Europe Aid.
- 2 years programming experience in a grant funded humanitarian or development program. Preferably with previous assignments in a fragile context.
- Proven experience in networking with donors and partners to bring about funding opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize cross-functional proposal team (technical, ops, field, finance, M&E, Regional/HQ) with right staff at the right time to meet even the tightest deadlines. Can also effectively mobilize multi-partner proposal development teams.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and cultivate strong, collaborative relationships.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Team player; the ability to mobilize and work as part of a diverse team to achieve the overall goal.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
LATEST JOB VACANCIES IN KENYA
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Open Call for Head of Support Services Candidates (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Call to Apply for Life Changing GIZ Jobs (Over 80 Positions)
- Amazing Offer ! Reports Specialist (Donor Relations) P3 Job at UNICEF
- Program Implementation Internships at Evidence Action
- TSC Contractual Teaching Posts; How to Apply
- TSC Internship Posts in Junior Secondary Schools; How to Apply
- TSC Internship Opportunities in Public Secondary School; How to Apply
- Internship Opportunities at Baringo Technical College
- Internship – Global Outreach and Regional Support at Interpol
- Internships at NMB Constructions; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Internship Opportunities at Northern Rangelands Trust; How to Apply
- Machakos County Advertises Job Vacancies; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Kisumu County Advertises Job Vacancies; Qualificatons and How to Apply
- Safaricom Kenya Vacancies; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Career Openings at Old Mutual Kenya; Qualifications and How to Apply
- Vacancy Openings at Absa Bank Limited
- 10 Best Opportunities For International Social Work Jobs
- African Union is Hiring a Procurement Officer
- Save the Children International is Offering 40 New Jobs World Wide
- Jobs at Office of the Special Envoy of the Secretary
- Transcription Agents Jobs at Ajira Digital Program
- Quality Assurancce Transcription Jobs at Ajira Digital Program
- QA Digitization Jobs at Ajira Digital Program
- Digitization Agent/ Scanning Operators at Ajira Digital Program
- Vacancies at Kiambu County Government
- Human Resources Intern at Africa International University
- Human Resource Analyst at Q-Sourcing Servtec Group
- Internship Opportunities at Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- Massive Recruitment at Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- Principal (Regular Secondary School) T-Scale 13 – 349 Posts at Teachers Service Commission (TSC)