Agricultural Economics jobs ,Computer Science jobs, Information Systems jobs, Business related jobs,
Business Analyst III
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy and direction. Participates in short- and long-term planning sessions with clients to improve business processes.
- Develops business cases.
- Serves as the link between the business, third party vendors and the IT technical team.
- Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs and recommends options, risks and cost vs. benefits. Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the design and implementation of business solutions.
- Analyzes customer’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
- Analyzes and recommends improvements to business processes and models. Assists with prioritizing business process improvements.
- Documents current business processes and models.
- Provides factual content to feasibility study for standard development projects and enhancements. Assists with drafting of proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers.
- Develops and assists in the presentation of business cases.
- Reviews test plans and monitors testing process to ensure that business results are adequately tested with minimal risk.
- Develops user test cases and validates test results during user acceptance testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requiresin-depth knowledge of Azure DevOps and Office 365 (Planner, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Typically requires 5-6 years of relevant technical and business work experience. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
Program Coordinator – Household Economic Strengthening
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Coordination, implementation and technical guidance
- Work with Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) to provide effective field level coordination and technical support in designing, planning and implementation of the House hold Economic Strengthening (HES) project objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Work with LIPs and county teams to enhance access to income, assets and health insurance for OVC, AGYW and their households
- Coordinate with LIP HES staff and County teams to conduct household vulnerability assessments and develop and implement accurate household case management plans informed by their individual vulnerability status
- Coordinate the implementation of graduation, exit, and transition approaches and strategies for successful graduation of OVC households
- Design evidence-based household economic strengthening approaches to empower OVC, AGYW and their households
- Work with LIPs and county agriculture, youth and trade departments to promote contextualized agricultural production, youth employability programmes and technologies for food security nutrition enhancement and increased individual and household incomes
- Partner with LIPs and beneficiary HHs & agriculture departments to select and scale-up promising value chain partnership approaches.
- Coordinate the LIPs and key government departments to register economic empowerment beneficiaries
- Link AGYW to social asset building programmes to enhance their access to income generation, employment, business mentorship and resilience
- Coordinate training of County Government and LIPs on integrated case management approach and technically support its roll-out
- Support LIPs on integration of climate smart production and household economic strengthening interventions as per case plans
- Design and coordinate roll out of age-appropriate (9 – to 14 -year olds, 15- to 17 year olds and 18+(YW) year olds) economic empowerment trainings and socio-economic approaches for caregivers
- Coordinate capacity building of OVC households on village savings and loaning and other HES interventions
- Establish market linkages, pricing information and coordination platforms for OVC, AGYW and their households
Project Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
- Work with the MEL unit to develop M&E system relating to the M&E plan ensure outcomes are tracked and reported.
- Ensure timely preparation of periodic reports and project documents in line with the donor and world vision standards
- Work with the LIPs and key government departments to conduct regular progress monitoring of the beneficiary households.
- Support LIPs to prepare timely and quality reports as per donor and WVK standards
- Coordinate periodic monitoring visits and meetings with LIPs to review project performance and utilization of project data to prioritize areas for action and improvements
- Coordinate and participate in monthly, quarterly and annual program reviews with LIPs and local stakeholders
- Ensure that project strategies are informed by evidence and best practices for meeting the needs of OVC households
- Support documentation of best practices and successful approaches in relation to economic stability of households to care for and protect OVC
- Partner with community level LIPs, village, sub-county and AACs to monitor and enhance accountability among beneficiaries
Advocacy, Networking & partnerships
- Formalize partnerships with the key government departments through MoUs to promote collaboration and close working relationships
- Mobilize communities and local stakeholders to advocate, engage and mobilize increased allocation and investment into OVC households’ resilience building
- Work with respective County Governments to leverage existing private partners to provide agriculture-based financial services
- Facilitate linkages for the uptake of green business or jobs for AGYW and youth (organic agriculture, renewable energies, recycling businesses, such as solid waste management, eco-tourism).
- Represent the project in county and sub county technical working groups, advocacy working groups, key national and county forums and events.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 6 years of experience Four (4) years of which must be in USAID OVC Household Economic Strengthening programming
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness/Agricultural Extension or a similar field from a recognized university
- Proven experience in local value chain development, climate smart agriculture and household economic development
- Must have a good understanding of USAID OVC and DREAMS programming, policies and guidelines
- Good understanding and experience of household case management and graduation approaches
- Experience in coordinating multi-agency programs and consortium/network development
- Highly flexible and organized, able to coordinate government and private sector players for effective support and implementation of program interventions
- He /she must have ample experience in capacity building, training and coordination
- Experience in working with partnerships, including county governments, civil society, donors and local community’s structures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent computer skill
- A postgraduate training in project management, monitoring & evaluation, statistics, Economics or related field will be an added advantage.