New Jobs at Rose Avenue Group
New Jobs at Rose Avenue Group
Rose Avenue Consulting Group is a financial management, strategy and consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in corporate finance, strategy and research. Together with our clients and partnering companies we address our client’s most critical issues and challenges.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Our client, a financial services group in Kenya, is looking for Investment Manager to manage portfolios of investments in listed instruments both internally and those outsourced to external portfolio managers and unlisted instruments, including Internal Properties, in accordance with mandates from individual stakeholders and business units, ensuring returns above agreed market benchmarks.
Provide professional investment advisory services at globally accepted standards as well as the sound risk and financial management of the asset management business, including compliance with CMA requirements.
- Support the asset management Board to ensure the overall strategic objectives are achieved.
- Ensure growth in company revenue by providing responsive, proactive and efficient services to existing and potential clients to grow market share in the securities industry.
- Leverage on personal capabilities & expertise and industry opportunities to add value to stakeholders.
- Drive, participate and contribute in investment committees’ decisions.
- Contribute to sustaining a competitive edge through external networking and benchmarking and representation on related forums.
- Provide end to end support for the investments function including the placing, monitoring of orders and settlement of trades in the fixed income and equity market to meet stakeholders’ investment objectives.
- Liaise with the stakeholders across a range of investment asset classes to agree and execute on requirements.
- Provide portfolio analysis and liaise with relevant stakeholders on respective portfolios, provide feedback on portfolio performance and seek opportunity to cross sell and deepen wallet share.
- Timely processing of documents including account opening, KYC, payments, and statement/confirmation requests etc.
- Manage the internal property portfolio to ensure that optimal value is obtained including sales and letting when required.
- Evaluate and monitor portfolio performance to ensure consistency across clients with broadly similar mandates.
- Develop, maintain and build strong long-standing relationships with existing and potential clients and other stakeholders.
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to identify changing client needs and make recommendations to align service offering with client needs.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that expectations are managed.
Compliance & Best Practice
- Ensure strict compliance with laid-down controls and processes.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
- Manage portfolio risks and regulatory compliance aspects regarding asset allocation.
- Ensure implementation of investments decisions as agreed by investment committee and mandates set by the business.
- Monitor the profitability and capital adequacy of the asset management business taking corrective action when required.
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and ethical standards commensurate with the requirements of market best-practice.
- Prepare reports for internal and external use and/or consumption.
- Ensure incident reporting is done in a timely manner.
- Prepare investment reports for regular reporting to the board.
- Ensure regulatory returns, reports and other compliance documents are prepared and submitted in a timely manner. Including follow up or approval and/or closure.
- Promote a positive work climate and culture.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Enable a learning and growth culture whereby information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Execute effective workforce planning practices and actively participate in recruitment of suitably qualified talent for the department in line with the company’s policies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related studies
- 8 years’ post qualification experience in the financial sector with at least 4 years of demonstrable effective management of a thriving investment portfolio/ Advisory experience in a securities business or other financial intermediary – Essential
- Licensing or registration | ICIFA/CISI/ ATS certification – Essential
- In depth understand of Investment management principles – Essential
- Demonstrable in-depth understand of financial institutions and the Capital Markets Authority regulatory frameworks and related financial management requirements – Essential
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level – Important
- Ability to shape the business strategy around investments – Important
Sales Consultants (Furniture)
- Creating and maintaining sales pipelines
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers
- Visiting potential customers for new business
- Providing customers with quotations
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Ensure customers are provided with accurate and timely information on sales transactions
- Responsible for accuracy of information, updating and monitoring of information from input to completion of the order
- Deal effectively with customer complaints and provide timely resolution
- Respond to all inquiries promptly and professionally
- Contribute to the business development and any sales related work in the team
- Ensuring adequate communication with the customer, post delivery service and forwarding feedback/complaints/changes to requirements there from.
- Compiling of individual sales reports as per the company requirements.
- Ensuring in depth product knowledge and current prices
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Diploma/Degree in Sales & Marketing or business related
- Should hold at least 3- 5 years of experience in Sales & marketing in the same field
- MUST HAVE prior and extensive experience in selling Office Furniture
- Communication Skills (written & Oral)
- Highly motivated and aggressive
- Confidence and Enthusiasm
- Strong Work Ethic
- Ability to work under a Team
- Good Interpersonal skills (Flexibility, self-drive, conflict management, and resolution skills, empathy)
- Proficiency in Ms Soft Office, CRM and Sales software programs
- Selling Skills (B2B)
- Strong understanding of Customer market dynamic and requirement.
- Pipeline Management skills
- Good Negotiation & Closing Skills
- Rapport Building and prospecting Skills
Head of Risk and Compliance
- Contribute to the overall risk management strategy of maintaining/ reducing the level of risk as the business expands.
- Liaising with the leadership team, Credit/operations Managers on the identification and management of risks and highlighting risk concerns for Executive Review.
- Develop all risks policies and compliance
- Optimizing the trade-off between maximizing revenue and minimizing losses, through in-depth portfolio trend analysis
- Assess risks i.e. market risks, operations, reputation/ethics Risks, etc., and advise on mitigation
- Provide exposure limits for the various business segments and provide a portfolio product mix
- Advise credit teams on the industry trends
- Raise the visibility of compliance issues, internally across all stakeholders within the organization.
- To influence the profitability of the Loans products through improving decision-making via improved forecasting and modeling capability and delivery of Business shaping analysis
- Lead the delivery of loans credit risk analysis, involving cross-functional research and analysis to identify the resolution of credit risk issues.
- Continually assess the adequacy of and adherence to internal credit policies and loan administration procedures
- Project relevant trends that affect the collectibles of the portfolio and isolate potential problem areas
- Provide management with accurate and timely information relating to credit quality that can be used for financial and regulatory reporting
- Ensuring consistent application of the internal credit policies and loan administration procedures
- Develop the Debt recovery team to recover 90% of non – performing Loans
- Develop a Risk Manual, to guide Credit Managers in managing the various credit risks such as Classifications, Debt Recovery, Monitoring, and Control.
- Assess and advise the Credit team on the various classification categories and actions to be taken.
- Ensure Compliance Policy is in line with the regulatory bodies and as per the MFI Act.
- Maximize return on capital
- Assessing credit risks on requests outside of group lending going to the CEO and RMC for approval and clearly stating the level of risk and whether they are good for our level of risk assumption and the PAR acceptable levels
- Monitor loan repayments globally and initiate/recommend a course of action
- Ensuring that the security documentation and other necessary documentation are obtained and completed in all respects before the drawdown of the facility
- The initiating, setting up, and maintaining of a system of lodgment and withdrawal of securities
- Develop the credit analysis and relationship management skills of the business development coordinators thus ensuring that the BDC loan portfolio at risk is within 5% of the total BDC portfolio.
- Identify opportunities to produce innovative ideas to keep risk management at the forefront of Business. Taking account of international practices where applicable such as Basel 2.
- Member of the Head office Credit Committee as well as the EXCOM Committee.
- Minimum University Degree in Finance or a related field from a recognized institution of higher learning
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in the Banking sector, with at least 5 years experience in all aspects of lending i.e. risk assessment, monitoring and control of loans, Loan documentation, Securities
- Experience in Internal Audit is desirable
- Accounting knowledge and wide knowledge of the microfinance performance
- Good decision-making skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Keen follow up