Medical Officers at Avenue Healthcare
Medical Officers at Avenue Healthcare
Avenue Hospital was founded in 1995 for the purpose of managing the outpatient department at the Hospital, and to extend medical services to corporate clientele through an innovative concept of Managed Healthcare.
Ensure provision of high quality laboratory diagnostic services in the hospital as defined by Avenue Healthcare’s policies, protocols, procedures and standards.
- Ensure the unit has all the required resources for effective and efficient work.
- Timely and accurate billing of laboratory services.
- Stock management:
- Do monthly stock takes of lab supplies and submit a stock take and short expiry report to the Hospital Manager
- Timely ordering and receiving of stock from the supplier to prevent stock outs
- Proper storage of lab supplies.
- Kits validation and evaluation to determine diagnostic accuracy, analytical sensitivity, and analytical specificity (performance characteristics)
- Review and act on quality indicator reports (IQC &EQA)
- Follow laid down Lab Board approved rules for medical lab profession and adhere to Government and respective professional standards of care and treatment of patients.
- Ensure timely response to emergencies.
- Carrying out tests based on outlined SOPs & policies.
- Ensure all sentinel incidents/events are recorded and reported to the Hospital Manager within 24 hours using the provided tools.
- Ensure that the fridge temperatures and ambient temperature and humidity are charted twice daily, and any error reported to the MSM.
- Ensure timely escalation of any urgent out of stock items to the Lab Quality Manager
- Any other duty as assigned by your immediate supervisor in line with the job description.
- A degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- A valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board
- 5 years’ experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Result Oriented
- Customer focus
Adhere to Avenue Healthcare’s defined policies, protocols, procedures and standards
Maintaining Theatre list
- Correctly book patients for surgical procedures
- Ensure surgeon / anaesthetist are informed of bookings or changes in time
- Checks completeness of theatre checklist and act appropriately
- Carry out a Pre-Operative Assessment
- Appropriately explain the nature of the procedure / operation to the patient
- Ensure all X-rays, Scans, Investigations and Bloods are available
- Obtains correct consent for operations and general anaesthesia for day cases
- Prepares and avails patient in time for operation with all reports for day cases
Operating Room Management
- Accounting for all the pieces of equipment, especially after the operation.
- Getting and opening packs required
- Ensures that the packs remain sterile and that the operating room environment is contamination free
- Accurately assesses patient after operation, documents clinical observations & findings
- Consults and advises surgeon / anaesthetist immediately if abnormalities are noted
- Effectively hands over the patient to recovery / ward nurse
- Ensure all required drugs/supplies are available
- Adhere to the 10 rights of drug administration (right patient, medication, dosage, route, time, documentation, client education, assessment, evaluation and client refusal of treatment)
- Ensure all treatment sheets have patients biodata including information on drug allergies.
- Submit all new drug orders to pharmacy promptly and STAT doses given within 30 minutes
- Ensures all the items used by patients are billed accurately
Any other duty as assigned by your immediate supervisor in line with the job description.
- A higher diploma in Nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is desirable and added advantage
- Higher Diploma in Perioperative Nursing
- A valid nursing council of Kenya license
- Up to date BLS, ACLS/ATLS certificate
- 2 years’ experience in nursing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with attention to detail and results oriented
Application documents (CV and Certificates) must be emailed to email@example.com with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 10 th March 2023.