Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Latest Vacancies
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Latest Vacancies
MÃ©decins sans frontiÃ¨res (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
IT Support Officer
Under the supervision of the Applications & Development Specialist, the IT Support Officer will be responsible for providing technical assistance, setting up and managing user accounts and subscriptions, configuring SharePoint document libraries and permissions, supporting users accessing Office 365 services, and troubleshooting internet connectivity issues. The IT Support Officer will also be responsible for deploying and maintaining all internal IT services for the organization, installing, troubleshooting, and repairing computers and other equipment, configuring appropriate equipment and system access for employee onboarding, and providing ongoing technology-related support and education.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance for hardware and software issues reported by end users.
- Set up and manage user accounts and subscriptions for Office 365, as well as configure SharePoint document libraries and permissions.
- Support users in accessing Office 365 services and assist with Windows 10 deployments and computer setups.
- Troubleshoot internet connectivity issues.
- Deploy and maintain all internal IT services for MSF EA, maintaining conference room equipment, printers, and Wi-Fi access points.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair computers, printers/copiers, mobile devices, and other equipment.
- Configure appropriate equipment and system access for employee onboarding and provide ongoing technology-related support and education.
- Test and apply OS installs and upgrades and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Manage backup, restore, and recovery support for MSF EA data.
- Enforce and maintain IT security policies and procedures to protect systems and data.
- Create and maintain a disaster recovery plan for the organization.
- Proactively identify technology and end-user risks/concerns and implement strategic solutions and controls in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with other departments and stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Work collaboratively with other IT staff and stakeholders to identify and address IT infrastructure-related issues and challenges.
- Manage complex projects related to IT infrastructure and related systems.
- Provide technical guidance and support to other IT staff as needed.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Coordinator and Director on the status of IT infrastructure and related systems and make recommendations for improvement or change as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in an IT support role, with experience in network/internet, physical and virtual server infrastructure, access control systems, video conferencing equipment, and IT security.
- Experience with Office 365, Windows 10, and Wi-Fi access points.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of IT infrastructure and support best practices.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and project management skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing and supervising junior staff.
- Experience with project management software and tools.
- Experience with ITIL or other IT service management frameworks is a plus.
- Experience in Solar Winds, or any other ITSM software is a plus.
- MSF experience is a plus.
- Technical knowledge
- Communication skills
- Customer service
- Troubleshooting skills
- Information security
Application deadline: 28th April 2023
Office Facilities Administrator
Under the supervision of the IT & Facilities Coordinator, the Office Facilities Administrator will manage and support the maintenance, safety, and day-to-day operations of our office facilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that our facilities are safe, functional, and cost-effective. Additionally, the Office Facilities Administrator will need to be forward-thinking and innovative in planning for the future needs of our organization, bringing fresh ideas for space utilization, and ensuring that office layouts are optimized for efficiency and productivity.
The Office Facilities Administrator will supervise the facilities support team under the following areas; Procurement services, reception and front office, Vehicle & equipment maintenance, office maintenance & security/access, and hosting support activities.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the day-to-day operations of our office facilities, including maintenance, repairs, cleaning, and security.
- Ensure that our facilities are safe, compliant with all relevant regulations, and meet the needs of our staff.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for maximizing the use of our office space, including hot desking and other innovative approaches to space utilization.
- Assist in reviewing and optimizing office layouts to ensure they are optimized for productivity and efficiency.
- Assist in planning for future needs, including expansion, and developing strategies to accommodate growth while ensuring cost-effective use of space.
- Support the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to office facilities, including health and safety protocols, emergency preparedness, and environmental sustainability.
- Ensure that staff are trained and informed about office facilities policies and procedures, including occupational safety.
- Manage the use of office facilities by staff and visitors, ensuring that everything is used appropriately and that facilities are maintained.
Office Security and Access
- Support the development and implementation of security policies and procedures for the organization.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and make recommendations for improvements to security measures.
- Oversee the management of access control systems and security equipment, including cameras, alarms, and monitoring systems.
- Monitor security cameras and alarms to detect and respond to security breaches.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents, including theft, vandalism, and unauthorized access.
- Coordinate emergency preparedness drills and ensure that all staff are aware of emergency procedures.
- Provide training and guidance to staff on security-related matters.
- Maintain accurate records related to security incidents and investigations.
- Stay up to date on the latest security trends and technologies and make recommendations for improvements to security measures.
Vendor and Contractor Management
- Coordinate relationships with vendors and contractors, ensuring they are meeting our needs and providing high-quality service.
- Ensure procurement and service agreements are in line with policies and guidelines.
- Oversee maintenance and availability of company cars, including scheduling repairs and maintenance, managing insurance and registration, and ensuring cars are available for staff use.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for optimizing the use of our company cars, including car sharing and other approaches that minimize the number of cars needed.
- Maintain accurate records related to our fleet of company cars, including fuel usage, repairs, and maintenance.
Asset and Equipment Management
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all office assets, including furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Ensure that office assets are used and maintained in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with procurement staff to ensure that office assets are acquired in a timely and cost-effective manner and that all purchases are properly documented.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and service providers who assist with asset management and maintenance, such as furniture suppliers and equipment repair services.
- Plan for the replacement and disposal of outdated or damaged office assets and manage the process of disposing of assets in accordance with company policies and relevant regulations.
- Implement strategies for reducing waste and increasing sustainability in office asset management, such as recycling and reusing materials.
- Train and educate staff on proper asset management practices, including how to properly use and care for equipment and supplies, and how to report issues or concerns.
- Ensure that all office assets are properly secured and protected from damage, theft, or misuse, and that all security protocols are followed.
- Monitor and track asset-related expenses and provide regular reports on asset management to the IT & Facilities Coordinator.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
- Implementing strategies to reduce the carbon footprint of the organization’s facilities and operations.
- Identifying and implementing energy-efficient practices and technologies to reduce energy consumption and costs.
- Educating staff on environmentally sustainable practices and promoting awareness of the organization’s sustainability goals.
- Liaising with external stakeholders, such as suppliers and regulatory bodies, to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and standards.
- Identifying opportunities for the organization to contribute to broader sustainability initiatives, such as community-based environmental projects or industry associations.
- Collaborating with other members of the facilities support team to integrate climate-smart practices into all aspects of the organization’s operations.
- Supervise and manage the procurement assistant to ensure timely and accurate processing of purchase orders and invoices.
- Ensure that the procurement assistant maintains accurate records of all procurement activities, including purchase orders, invoices, and receipts.
- Supervise and manage the receptionist to ensure smooth and efficient front office operations, including greeting visitors, answering phones, and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Train and coach the receptionist on customer service skills and professional communication.
- Ensure that the receptionist maintains accurate records of visitors, deliveries, and other front office activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and service providers, such as couriers and office supply companies, to ensure timely and cost-effective service.
- Supervise and manage the driver to ensure that company vehicles are maintained in good condition, are available for staff use as needed, and are operated safely and responsibly.
- Train and coach the driver on safe driving practices and provide guidance on route planning and vehicle usage.
- Monitor fuel usage and expenses to ensure that costs are within budget.
- Ensure that the driver maintains accurate records of vehicle usage, including fuel receipts, maintenance records, and incident reports.
- College diploma or degree in a technical area, with additional relevant education or training in logistics/facilities/procurement administration preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in logistics, facilities management, office administration, asset management, or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational safety, including knowledge of relevant regulations and best practices.
- Experience with innovative strategies for space and fleet utilization, including hot desking and car sharing, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with staff, vendors, and contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies and procedures related to office/logistics facilities management.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and address issues in a timely manner.
- MSF experience is a plus.
- Facilities management
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Technology skills
- Occupational safety
- Customer service orientation
Application deadline: 28th April 2023
Senior Operations Officer
The Operations Officer (OO)
- Provides day-to-day operational and processes support including brief /debrief of staff, exFlo (OCA HQ budget approval tool).
- Provides support to midyear/annual planning process on a functional basis to portfolio and missions managed by the OM, in collaboration with OA (leading the process).
- Provides in-country support to missions within the portfolio (gap fill if required).
- Ensures comprehensive Portfolio Information & institutional knowledge management for the desk portfolio in close collaboration with OA.
- The OO facilitates interaction between support processes and is responsible for enabling appropriate support by Human Resources, Logistics, and Finance departments.
Tasks & Responsibilities
On a structural basis:
- Briefings and debriefing of country program staff including providing an understanding of context, security, responsible behaviour etc.
- Supports the Operations Advisor (OA) on control cycle (MYR/AP/AdHoc) processes and follow-up with the missions accordingly.
- Progression of and order in assigned processes such as invoice approval, declaration sign-off, and control cycle activities.
- Clarity/ transparency/ awareness of administrative processes by/ towards country program staff.
- Ensure the OCA desk/teams have the necessary administrative and logistical capacity and support from the MSF EA section back office, being the focal point for engagement with the Section on behalf of the OCA teams.
- Ensures the OCA institutional knowledge management of the Desk Portfolio through the completeness of, and order in, (electronic) files (SharePoint) and assigned administrations/ databases, in accordance with standards.
- Organisation of training for the department/ team.
- Internal information and communication management within the Portfolio.
- Follow up on timely update/elaboration of key mission policies, guidelines, and agreements.
- Approval of invoices in Exflow when OA is absent.
- Follow up with HR regarding vacancies and monitoring of the international staff overviews sent from the missions.
- Supporting the CMTs (Country Management Teams) with field visits, and gap filling (up to 40% time in the field).
- The OO is first point of contact in absence of the OA.
Cooperates closely with other departments on:
- Supports the OM and the Heads of Mission on operational (including resource and administrative) issues and provides input in order to facilitate their decision-making towards the development and realization of operational goals.
- Development of country policies, project proposals, security plans, and emergency preparation plans.
- Administrative matters of policy-related nature, including legal and compliance matters such as MoUs, HCA, country registrations, as well as follow-up of legal cases in mission countries.
- Support the OA and the field staff with the elaboration of donor reports.
- With the team in his/her portfolio on organisational issues to keep them informed.
- With relevant actors on structural problems regarding the operations to enhance the collaboration/consultation between field operations and head office.
- Collaboration with the respective OST members assigned to the Portfolio.
- Close collaboration with the OA and OM.
- Vocational/ BSc in (an area related to) administration, operations, and logistics.
- Minimum three years of directly related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office applications, and administrative systems such as ERP/ CRM/ HR/ Procurement/ Invoicing.
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to track multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing vs. immediate needs appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding proven time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF.
- Ability to write routine business correspondence and internal memos.
- Interest or willingness to depart on a field assignment with MSF.
- English fluent, knowledge of French is an Asset.
- Experience working with MSF as a Project coordinator or in a similar role in a humanitarian organization.
- Experience working internationally with an NGO or non-profit.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to be accountable
- Ability to adapt and pragmatism
- Autonomy and rigour
- Perseverance and diplomacy
Application deadline: 9th May 2023
Nurse Sexual Reproductive Health
Provide Medical Treatment & Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services to patients and Sexual Violence/Intimate Partner Violence (SV/IPV) survivors within the scope of his/her medical competencies. Referring patients with conditions falling beyond his/her competencies, in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided. This will be done in accordance with the context, MSF Medical protocols, procedures, and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of patient-centeredness care for the targeted population.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Offering the full spectrum of comprehensive clinical SRH services and procedures in the SRH unit according to medical and MSF protocols and guidelines.
- Provision of reproductive health education and counseling in line with patient needs and situational context.
- Carry out care, treatment, and medical procedures in the SRH & SGBV unit according to medical protocols and guidelines (including STI prophylaxis and treatment).
- Identify Sexual Gender Based Violence victims and attend to their medical needs by adhering to survivorcentered principles.
- Knows and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) & Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit.
- Participate in the response to Mass Casualty Incidences and other Medical Emergencies. (Ensure triage of patients in waiting areas and during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out prehospital care & stabilization)
- Know, promote, implement, and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention, infection control, security rules, and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensure high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
- Participate in department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (Weekly orders of drugs and supplies, carrying out inventories, carrying out stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover, ensuring no material is taken out of consultation rooms without prior authorization, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
- Carry out administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases that may arise. fill in all necessary registers and health files, participate in data collection, and keep doctors/supervisors informed. Also responsible for complete patient documentation and communication.
- Respect and ensure medical confidentiality and professionalism.
- Fills out all the required data tools and clinic registers
- Assists in the training of other staff, take part in CMEs and other learning initiatives
- To participate in any other project activities as will be required and provide input to the department.
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Nursing with training in Sexual Reproductive Health and/or Counselling.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrable working experience in providing a comprehensive SRH service package.
- Previous experience in offering comprehensive SGBV care is an added advantage.
- Essential local languages Kiswahili and English
- Adherence to MSF principles; Results and detail-oriented, service, team player, committed, passionate about SRHR.
Deadline for application: 2nd May 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Use the emails(s) below to apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning the subject line “Nurse Sexual Reproductive Health” to Email: msff firstname.lastname@example.org