Locum Nurse Needed at International Rescue Committee,
Locum Nurse Needed at International Rescue Committee
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
Locum Nurse – Kakuma
Working under the guidance and supervision of the EPI Officer, the EPI Nurse will be directly responsible for:
- Sensitization and ensuring that Infection prevention and control guidelines and procedures in line with Covid-19 prevention are in place and are followed strictly.
- Supervising all EPI and Covid-19 vaccination activities at a designated health facility and during the outreaches.
- Ensure that all mothers and caregivers are understand adverse event following Immunization.
- Ensure that cold chain is maintained at the EPI Store.
- Collect data in link with vaccination activities and submit to the EPI Officer/ M&E or team leader.
- Follow-up adverse event following immunization (AEFI) among vaccinated children and clients who received Covid-19 vaccines.
- Identifying and managing as appropriate, the defaulter tracing ways/mechanism together with the CHPOs to achieve low dropout rates.
- Responsible for supervision of Immunization clinics and vaccine administration.
- Preparing for and assisting the doctors or clinicians during the ward rounds and whenever required.
- Ensuring that all required indicators are followed up on regular manner and various interventions put in place to ensure good immunization coverages.
- Performing Covid-19 vaccine and other RI vaccines forecasting and ordering from the Regional DVI/NVIP store.
- Conducting regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward cases and charting.
- Giving regular health education to caregiver and clients on various immunization issues.
- Compiling and timely submitting all relevant immunization reports using whichever reporting tools adopted by the organization or programs.
- Monitoring and supervising proper usage of supplies at the assigned EPI departments or units.
- Taking care of equipment to ensure they are maintained in good condition and submit regular inventory report and vaccines stocks of the same to the supervisor.
- Ensuring that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Supervising incentive staff working in EPI at a designated Health facility.
- Performing administrative roles at the department in the absence of the EPI Officer.
- Together with the CO organize for adequate clinic or EPI coverage when required.
- Carrying out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas:
- Enforce infection prevention and control guidelines and procedures.
- She/he is responsible to ensure all activities are implemented according to the work plan and that targets are met.
- Responsible to track daily, weekly and monthly indicators report and covid-19 vaccination reports.
- Roll out of Covid-19 vaccination activities.
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing from KMTC or recognized nursing training institution.
- Be registered and have a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- At least 2 years working experience in a MCH and immunization clinic setup.
- Computer literate.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach local staff and community workers.
- Experience in implementing child health and immunization interventions in hard-to-reach populations.
- Experience in rolling out social behavior change strategy in vulnerable populations.
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Training on Immunization and IDSR is an added advantage.
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage.