KETRACO Is hiring.
Job Title: Manager, Legal Services Contracts & Governance
Company: Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO)
Deadline: October 16, 2023
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
KETRACO is looking for a Manager, Legal Services Contracts & Governance to join its team. This position is responsible for the legal services in management of the Company’s Contracts, board secretariat and compliance portfolio.
- Providing leadership to staff in the Division;
- Managing implementation of Divisional deliverables in realization of the Company’s Strategic Plan and Performance Contract;
- Drafting, negotiating and vetting of all types of contracts, G-G MOUs, leases, amendments/variation agreements, and other related contractual documents;
- Overseeing the development of a Legal Compliance matrix, monitoring and ensuring compliance with the same;
- Coordinating the conduct of bi-annual Legal and Governance Audits;
- Coordinating the development and updating of the Division’s risk register and tracking the implementation of the mitigation measures;
- Initiating and facilitating activities for approved visits to other utilities for benchmarking and capacity building in line with the Board Almanac on ad hoc basis as the case may be;
- Advising on securities, bonds and guarantees made in favour of or by the Company;
- Providing advice to Management on legal, regulatory and contractual matters affecting the Company;
- Providing legal advisory on public procurement and review of Tender documents such as EOIs, RFPs, RFQs etc;
- Managing implementation of the Division’s targets under the Performance Contract;
- Improving internal processes and workflows for operational effectiveness;
- Accounting for resource use in line with prevailing laws, policies and regulations;
- Managing staff job performance career development, capacity and deployment of skills;
- Liaising with other process owners for operational effectiveness.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent qualifications with a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, member of Law Society of Kenya (LSK) and have a valid practicing certificate;
- Certified Secretary CS(K) and be a member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Secretaries of Kenya (ICSK);
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the Council of Legal Education;
- Course in Senior Management lasting not less than four weeks OR a certificate in Corporate Governance course OR Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than 4 (four) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Must have eight (8) years post admission relevant work experience.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application clearly indicating the position applied for and vacancy Reference No. as the subject heading via the job link posted on KETRACO website.
- The successful candidates for the positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
- Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications by 16th October 2023 at 5.00pm so as to reach:-
- The Managing Director,
- Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited,
- KAWI COMPLEX, 4th Floor,
- Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road,
- P.O. Box 34942 – 00100,
- Hard copy MUST be sent via post office, courier or hand delivered to our offices in KAWI House, on 3rd Floor, Human Resource Office. Further, candidates MUST fill an online form on our website.