Latest Opportunities at Evidence Action
Latest Opportunities at Evidence Action
Evidence Action scales proven interventions that improve the lives of millions. We only implement cost-effective programs whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence. We identify innovative, appropriate financing mechanisms and build best-practice operational models. We voraciously self-evaluate, learn, and improve our models for scaling Open Jobs
Senior Associate, Procurement East & Southern African (ESA) Region
The Senior Associate, Procurement East & Southern African (ESA) Region will be a key member of the Finance & Operations department. The position holder will provide technical support to countries in the East & Southern African (ESA) Region on procurement matters and is responsible for ensuring collaboration and coordination with program teams and other departments for effective program implementation. He/she will focus on creating, delivering and optimizing procurement value ensuring that procurements are conducted in the most cost-effective way, in a timely manner and that the lifetime cost of a product is minimized and supply chains are well-designed and cost-effective. He/she will liase with heads of departments/programs to come up with detailed projections of procurement needs based on updated project work plans to determine supply needs that will facilitate the development of procurement plans. In performing his/her work, the Senior Associate, Procurement promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Associate, Procurement ESA will support country teams to develop annual procurement plans by;
- Collaborating with various program/departmental leads to identify procurement needs and developing procurement plans to ensure that the right goods and services are acquired at the right time, in the right quantity, and at the right price.
- Coordinating periodic review and update of the procurement plans to ensure that all needs are identified and that the plans are kept alive.
- Monitoring the implementation of procurement plans.
Coordination of Procurement Activities
- Support country teams in the identification of vendors and assessing performance to ensure Evidence Action has an effective and optimal mix of vendors. Constantly research to broaden and ensure a vendor base that is reliable and competitive.
- Periodically analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply-based issues, minimize risks, ensure continuity of supply, and identify emerging vendors in the markets across ESA region.
- In collaboration with technical teams, obtain and review product specifications or scope of work for services; ensure that specifications and scopes are clear, objective and complete.
- Support country teams in bidding and tender processes, preparation and issuance of EOI, RFQ, ITB, RFP or other tender documents as required.
- Maintain accurate procurement records and ensure that all procurement documentation is up-to-date and properly filed.
- Ensure compliance of all procurement activities with company policies and procedures, donor regulations and jurisdiction laws.
Imports and Exports
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing international trade, including customs regulations, trade agreements, and export controls.
- Obtaining the requisite import/export documents such as PVOC, import permits, import declaration forms (IDFs) etc.
- Supplier relationship management: Working closely with suppliers and end users to negotiate and review performance levels and identify remedial action for a reliable supply chain process.
- Ensure that vendors are compliant with Evidence Action policies and procedures put in place. e.g., Terms and Conditions, Statutory Requirements, CSI Checks etc.
- Act as a focal person for communication with vendors on behalf of Evidence Action.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and cost-effective procurement of goods and services.
- Compliance with organizational and donor procurement policies and procedures.
- Quality of procurement records and reports.
- Effective communication and collaboration with program staff and suppliers.
- Capacity building of program staff on procurement policies and procedures.
Latest Opportunities at Evidence Action
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Supply chain management .
- CIPS level 4 will be an added advantage,
- KISM membership is a must.
- Experience in the use of Google Suite applications as well as in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in a position with similar responsibilities in a multinational organization.
Required Skills and attributes
- Ability to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with Honesty, Transparency and Integrity.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate under own initiative and also take instructions to prioritize and manage a diverse workload.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines without compromising the desired detail and work quality.
- Ability to liaise with others and work well in a team and in a multicultural work environment.
- Problem-solving skills.
- The official working hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm from Monday to Friday.
- Off-hour work may be required as necessary for overseeing/completing planned maintenance, participating in international conference calls across time-zones, or responding to technical emergency response.
- Travel required: Yes.
- The Senior Associate Procurement will occasionally visit offices across East & Southern African (ESA) region for purposes of oversight, training, project management, and meetings of program and country staff.
Associate Manager – Data Learning (MLE)
The Associate Manager will work closely with the MLE department and the program teams to be able to understand the M&E needs of the programs and to translate lessons learned from data collection to decision making.
The Associate Manager’s primary responsibilities encompass;
- Working closely with the communications and MLE strategy team to help promote MLE content including briefs, reports, brown bags and visual data.
- Ensuring adequate information flow within and between program teams and MLE divisions;
- Providing visual, technical and editorial guidance to program teams on communication material and methods with stakeholders.
- Assist with research proposal development and communication findings on a timely manner.
- Engage with MLE stakeholders to ensure clear channels for feedback;
- Coordinate professional development activities within MLE;
Duties and responsibilities
- Compile donor reports by interpreting and triangulating all necessary information from MLE strategy and delivery teams.
- Fully understanding program needs for data and translating that back to the MLE team, including developing tools that enable clear and effective information gathering.
- Seeking out, prioritising, and communicating requests from programs teams to the MLE team.
- Identifying, and documenting the best approaches for the MLE team to serve programs.
Ensure effective information flow and communication of lessons learned from MLE to programs
- Spearhead the development, redesign, and review of current reporting tools and templates making them very effective and consumable by all.
- Synthesize, Identify and recommend effective communication systems and channels useful for MLE and programs.
- Collecting and organising/curating information from various sources (i.e. existing program (primary) research, external (secondary) research, new analyses, management information systems, etc.) to help programs in making decisions.
- Writing and editing reports and presentations with a keen eye for how the information should be phrased based on the viewpoint of the target audiences (i.e. data visualization software, infographics, etc.)
- Provide flexible, easy to internalise reports and infographics to clearly inform program decisions.
- Support special projects including data analysis to guide MLE-D team strategy.
- Extracting learnings from analysis and research products that enable program teams to make evidence-based decisions.
Market and Showcase MLE services
- Communicate with program leadership how upcoming and completed research and tools developed by the Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation (MLE) team can assist programs in making evidence-based decisions.
- Provide campaign M&E data and information for wider dissemination and ensure M&E pages of the various sites are kept up to date with support from communications colleagues.
- Coordinate and manage MLE-D work plans and SOWs to ensure compliance.
- Managing the data learning work plans and priorities.
- Managing the productivity, professional development skill building and managing at least one (Senior) Associate, Data Learning.
Key performance Indicators
- Timely submission of MLE reports to programs and other stakeholders.
- Expedient communication of MLE research and improvement to processes.
- Deliver quality dashboards for the program and MLE in coordination with the IS team.
- Identify and implement innovative communication strategies for reports and newsletters.
- Well-coordinated professional development sessions internally and externally.
- Improved and standardised reporting templates for the various programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s (and additional work experience) in data-oriented social sciences (i.e. statistics, economics, quantitative political science), data-journalism, public health, epidemiology, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years work experience generating high quality, clear, thought leadership pieces and managing communications within organisations and to partners and external audiences.
- Experience in data visualisation and/or building infographics and/or using design and infographic software (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Gapminder, StatSilk, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, OmniGraffle etc.)
- The ability to work independently with minimal instruction.
- The drive to seek out new opportunities for work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a team that is geographically dispersed.
- Self-directed/self-motivating personality, with proven ability to manage demands from multiple supervisors while adhering to program deadlines and priorities.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- An active approach to problem-solving and an orientation toward practical knowledge-seeking through learning, questioning, and experimentation.
- A belief that the timely and right-sized application of knowledge and information is a requirement for strong decision-making and high-quality service delivery.
- Highest quality, professional writing and communications skills.
- Intellectual flexibility and willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence.
- Quick to learn, motivated to self-teach and capable of independently translating new knowledge into practice.
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.