Latest Jobs at Standard Bank Group
Latest Jobs at Standard Bank Group
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value.
Officer, Production Operations
- The Officer Production is responsible for providing operations support services, including but not limited to; Payment’s processing, Cheque clearing, Settlements, EFTS, Direct debit and Reconciliations in coordination with the Manager/ Team leader Production Operations
- The candidate should have knowledge of KBA clearing rules
- The officer will be accountable for processing of transactions of a financial and non-financial in nature.
- The overall objective of the role is to provide day to day operations support in alignment with bank policies and procedures.
Receive and perform duty of care on customer Instructions
- Receive instructions from internal and external clients for processing financial and non-financial transactions via the authorised bank channels
- Sorting of Customer instructions by order of priority and categorization by units for execution
- Verify and validate customer instructions against documentation on file to ensure accuracy and authenticity
- Indicate or advise on any special handling instructions as dictated by the client; print and forward information as appropriate for processing.
- Keep informed on all changes to products and services, rules and regulations to ensure accurate processing of instructions and perform accurate quality checks
Processing of customer Instructions
- Capture transactions in the system as per the documented procedures
- Receipt of files from CBK (Sybrin system) – Confirm all files received and extract settlement report.
- Generate files into T24 and monitor the upload progress to completion
- Advising Data Centre to generate referral reports for Credit evaluation
- Action all other exceptions that have defaulted
- Generation and Transmission of the unpaid files to CBK
- Reconciliation of all clearing accounts
- Referring customer queries to the right persons/departments whenever they are misrouted.
- Follow up and clearance of all outstanding items in the suspense accounts.
- Checking of un authorized items at the end of the day
- Professional presentation of self to customers
- Escalate non-conforming instructions to the Team Leader or Line Manager for further guidance or action
- Remit and/or settle funds in the system as per client requests
- Strive to meet high customer service levels by processing incoming requests efficiently and in accordance with procedures and policies to meet Service Level Agreements
- Prioritize and organize work based on risk/severity and processing requirements to ensure deadlines are met according to policies and procedures and service level agreements
Reconciliation and safe keeping of customer/processed transactions
- Validate and confirm that all transactions allocated have been processed and authorised by end of day.
- Ensuring all entries in suspense accounts are accounted for and/or processed as per the agreed turnaround time and any variances explained and escalated to the team leader or line manager
- Compile and file records of transactions processed and other activities.
- Maintain and update filing of customer or other internal instructions in line with bank document management procedure and policies.
Responding to customer queries
- Prompt response to customer queries as per documented procedures and policies
- Providing information that the customer may require in consultation with the line manager and as per the bank policies and procedures
- Escalate any queries that are outstanding beyond SLA to the team leader or line manager for further guidance or action.
Complying with Bank Policies and Standards
- Ensure that service standards provided for in the Banking Sector Charter are adhered to.
- Ensure implementation and adoption within assigned portfolio of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes monitoring and identifying any material compliance related breaches and escalating them to line management and the Compliance Office.
- Ensure compliance with the agreed levels of authority for own area and with all applicable laws, regulations, group policies and procedures to minimise on operational losses.
- Look out for risk implications arising from the day to day work and if need be, refer to the relevant team.
- Support implementation and compliance to Audit, Risk and Compliance recommendations
- Operate within budget with regards to taxi usage, stationary, telephone and overtime costs
Compliance with Quality Management System – ISO 9001:2015
- Ensure that the quality management system conforms to the requirements of the International and local Standards.
- Ensure that processes are delivering their intended output by monitoring at every stage in the value chain.
- Report on the performance of the quality management system and on opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the promotion of exceptional client experience throughout the organisation.
- Type of qualification: First Degree
- Field of study: Business Commerce
- Computer knowledge and data entry skills
- 3-4 years’ experience in Clearing (ACH) which includes product knowledge in Cheque clearing, EFT,s and Direct debits),
- Mandatory experience in Reconciliations and settlements
- The candidate should have sufficient understanding of KBA rules on clearing
- Sybrin and T24 knowledge will be an added advantage.
Manager, Investigation & Fraud Risk
To conduct in-depth universal forensic investigation services across the Standard Bank Group, in adherence to the Group Investigation framework and standards to ensure financial crime is effectively identified and minimised therefore mitigating the potential for operational losses or reputational damage to the organisation.
- Prepare statistics and other information as required for reporting, further investigation or auditing purposes.
- Gather all sufficient and appropriate information from all available sources using the required tools to ensure thorough investigations can be conducted and financial crime identified.
- Analyse all information related to alerts and/or instructions received, via any method or form, in order to detect possible incidents of financial crime.
- Capture findings and conclusions in the required reporting format and systems and submit investigation outcomes, trends and recommendations as prescribed by relevant policies and procedures.
- Store, manage and organise all information and data on the required systems, in the required format and for the required duration as prescribed by the relevant data model and in adherence with the policies and procedures.
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
- Conduct in-depth universal forensic investigations by following the required processes and methodologies as set out in the GIFR framework to ensure that acts of financial crime are identified timeously and investigation are conducted in-line with regulatory requirements, best practices and group standards.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders regarding universal investigation processes and standards in order for Business Units to effectively manage financial crime.
- Conduct root cause analysis of financial crime incidents in order to detect gaps in controls and processes and recommend enhancement and track their implementation to mitigate recurrence of similar incidence.
- Maintain pro-active awareness of potential financial crime activities and high-risk persons or entities through monitoring of open source information, industry trends and intelligence in order to contribute to the organisations threat profile.
- Prepare affidavits and refer reports of criminal matters identified to relevant GI heads on behalf of SBG to facilitate further criminal investigation and possible prosecution.
- Escalate all matters relating to high-risk customers and entities containing adverse information, complex and significant issues to specialist investigators for immediate action in order to avoid operational losses, fines, penalties or reputational damage to the organisation.
- Resolve and respond to queries from Business Unit stakeholders regarding the analysis, information and reports completed during investigations.
- Stay abreast of, identify and report / escalate any new and emerging trends in the legislative and regulatory environment, any product issues or any fraud risks.
- Participate in all relevant training for the requirements of the role, including legislative and regulatory amendments and any changes to the relevant functional framework, to ensure all analyses and investigations is aligned accordingly.
- Testify in disciplinary enquiries or court proceedings regarding evidence collected and the methods used to collect and analyse the evidence.
Technology & Architecture
- Understand the banking source systems and interpret the output in the investigation and analysis process.
- Type of Qualification: First Degree
- Field of Study: Audit
- Type of Qualification: First Degree
- Field of Study: Risk Management
Group Anti Financial Crime
- Experience in bank processes, products and systems. Experience in dealing with different stakeholders at different levels both internal and external.
- The role requires sound experience in the gathering, analysis and reporting of information in order to conduct universal forensic investigations and therefore identify finance related crime.
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Articulating Information
- Checking Details
- Developing Expertise
- Examining Information
- Exploring Possibilities
- Following Procedures
- Interpreting Data
- Meeting Timescales
- Providing Insights
- Team Working
- Upholding Standards
- Data Management (Administration)
- Fraud Investigation
- IT Knowledge
- Promote Good Governance, Risk & Control
- Risk Identification
- Risk Management
- Risk Reporting
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.