Sales & Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs, Project Management jobs,
Director Global Operations
As Global Operations Director, you will:
- Lead the tactics to expand our services to all public schools in Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda by the end of 2025; including:
- how we approach getting data on schools without Impact Water systems.
- how we determine which systems they need.
- how we fit new installations into operations schedules.
- how we build Ops teams to manage new installations.
- Work closely with global leadership to plan Impact Water 2030 global scale-up (standardization of our business and processes to enable the efficient replication of our model to 10-15 countries, reaching 100m+ student beneficiaries).
- Work closely with Operations department to build a network of well trained and motivated agents, including testing and rolling out full time agents and equipping agents with motorcycles.
- Study product issues and design solutions to fix issues; research and pilot new products.
- Reshape and improve our data model and systems to meet evolving needs of the company.
- Spearhead the design, testing and rollout of new MIS tools and technologies.
- Serve as member of global leadership team, participate in all its activities.
As Global Operations Director, you will report to the Regional Director and have a full and direct mandate to drive the work forward. You will coordinate closely with the CDs, Operations Directors and other senior country-level managers.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Ability to think and work at scale.
- 5+ years’ experience supervising field work in challenging environments.
- Experience in the social enterprise sector in Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce and Taroworks is preferred.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural, active listening, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent intellectual credentials combined with strong emotional intelligence skills.
- English proficiency with 100% fluency; additional language skills are welcomed.
- High levels of integrity.
School Engagement and Product Usage Fellow
- Conduct regular visits to schools to gain insights on challenges school’s face in providing safe drinking water to students.
- Design and implement Impact Water’s strategy for digital and traditional outreach to schools and other partner institutions.
- Research and implement innovative tools and technologies for effective outreach.
- Become a thought leader on generating behavior change communication materials.
- Collaborate with country offices to integrate behavior change communication into resupply and maintenance visits to schools.
- Design surveys and other mechanisms to evaluate product usage at schools.
- Contribute to the design of data collection forms used by other departments to deepen understanding of product usage.
- Research and pilot cost-effective technologies that increase usage.
- Identify ways to use human-centered design thinking to increase usage.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Degree in Public Health, Marketing or any of the Social Sciences (Master’s preferred).
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time to visit schools across Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda.
- Experience in product research and design, commercial and/or social marketing, and behavior change communications is desirable.
- Experience working with schools is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of digital and traditional outreach methods.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets. Knowledge of apps like Salesforce, Taroworks and ODK is a plus.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and consultants / field agents.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.