Engineering Jobs, Civil Engineering Jobs, Equipment Operator Jobs,
Airfield Civil Engineer
- Responsible for developing civil airfield planning, design, and construction improvement documents, working with experienced aviation planning and design staff.
- Regular contact with planning and design team members, contractors, and subconsultants for ongoing planning, design, and construction projects.
- Performing a wide array of aviation-related civil design, planning, construction support, and client management services for General Aviation and Commercial Air Service Airports.
- Plan, direct, and monitor all aspects of small and large multi-discipline projects involving design of airport engineering projects including runways, taxiways, aprons, vehicle service roads, airfield lighting and signage installation, navigational aids, drainage improvements, utility relocation and protection, and pavement rehabilitation.
- Involved from cradle to the finish in the planning, design, and construction administration of airports, including grading, drainage, pavement design, specifications, and construction safety plans.
- Collaborating and/or coordinating delivery teams consisting of multi-discipline design engineers and technicians
- AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D design manager duties
- Analyze GIS data, client as-builts, survey data, geotechnical data, subsurface utility information and data needed for project development.
- Mentor and develop staff, provide leadership and an environment which encourages teamwork, initiative, and growth.
- Supervision, coordination, and production of several projects concurrently.
- Builds and maintains positive client relationships.
- Coordination with clients, funding agencies, state aviation officials, FAA, and local permit Agencies.
- BS Civil Engineering.
- 10 or more years of airport/airfield planning or civil engineering design experience.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D Design.
- Experience with airport improvements from planning through the design and construction phase; and
- Proficient in FAA Advisory Circulars and Airport Design and Engineering Standards.
Airfield Lighting Engineer
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Design / Build / Sustain / Maintain Airfield Lighting systems and/or components to required specifications/standards, focusing on the economy, safety, reliability, quality, and sustainability.
- Site supervision, monitoring, and inspection of AGL and airport electrical systems. Design high-level electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts, and graphs.
- Understand project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction and help achieve business objectives.
- Lead a team in performing maintenance/installation of all AFL electrical systems- runway, apron lighting & its associated support system.
- Maintain computerized Airfield lighting system to ICAO and international standards
- Ensure daily routine checks of all Airfield lighting Systems such as Approach, VASI, CCR, High masts, and security fence lights
- Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to airport operations and maintenance.
- Contribution to airfield engineering design, delivery and management of projects and proposals when it is required.
- Site supervision, monitoring, and inspection of AGL electrical substations and generators
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager on unusual or complex problems.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to team leaders, supervisors, and technicians.
- Assigns and coordinates work to team leaders, supervisors and technicians Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Running quality checks to make sure systems are working properly and safely
- Carrying out planned and predictive maintenance.
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Line Manager on unusual or complex problems.
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and maintain installations.
- Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver services.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks. Direct and coordinate small installations, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Provide technical assistance to field personnel in the areas of low/medium voltage distribution equipment and low/medium voltage motors/generators
- Issue repair reports at the conclusion of critical jobs for proper historical documentation
- Identify engineered resolutions to recurring electrical issues
- Improve plant/equipment reliability through historical trending and improved maintenance procedures.
- Lead and participate in Failure Analysis and Vulnerability studies.
- Execute equipment maintenance strategies (predictive and preventive)
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (8+ years Degree)
- 10+ years’ experience in AFL maintenance with exposure to Facilities Management especially in the areas of Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of international AGL/electrical standards
Latest Jobs at HRM Connection Ltd
Heavy Equipment Operator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, constructs, and repairs airfields pavements, roadways, streets, curbs and parking ramps using heavy mechanized equipment and paving and surfacing procedures to maintain safe, acceptable surfaces for aircraft and vehicle operations.
- Evaluates soil, aggregate, asphalt, and concrete mixtures before using in repairs and maintenance. Makes repairs to runways, taxiways, and safe areas to meet KAA guidelines.
- Utilizes various tractor combinations, specialized mowers, and other heavy equipment to manage and maintain vegetation around the airport on flat surfaces and slopes. Some slopes may angel up to 30 degrees.
- Determines the type of equipment requirement for maintenance and repairs operations.
- Inspects, lubricates, and performs operator maintenance on construction and snow removal equipment.
- Adjusts and changes attachments on equipment. Reports any discrepancies to supervisor and fleet maintenance for repairs.
- Investigates scheduled work areas for safety and equipment requirements. Applies engineered performance standards to plan and sequence work.
- Knowledge is mandatory of characteristics, capabilities, operations, and maintenance of equipment used in construction, paving and vegetation management; soil types, aggregates, properties, limitations, and compaction methods, soil stabilization, drainage and erosion control; construction and maintenance of asphalt and concrete surfaces; landscaping, safety and environmental concerns.
- Must have basic mechanical knowledge and skills to perform operator maintenance and lubrications.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate levers and pedals simultaneously with both hands and feet.
- Possess the valid licenses to operate equipment within Kenya.
- Knowledge of mobile devices to receive and complete work orders.
- Must be able to successfully complete required physical and federal agency background check.
- Design of airport engineering projects including runways, taxiways, aprons, airfield lighting, navigational aids, etc.
- Preparation of engineering design reports, construction plans, and contract documents / technical specifications.
- Experience in design of general civil engineering projects including site design, sanitary wastewater, water, and hydraulic evaluation a plus.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of EIT/IE designation required.
- 10+ years of experience in the civil engineering field; aviation related experience and knowledgeable of FAA criteria an added advantage.
- Ability to coordinate multiple project tasks.
- Self-motivated and able to handle a fast-paced position.
- Goal and deadline orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office
Construction Administrator / Engineer
- Assists in preparing budgets and forecasts and inputs data into the project control system.
- Monitors construction in progress and upon completion to ensure performed work meets contract specifications, industry standards, and project design intent; recommends approval/disapproval of work.
- Performs quality control reviews in accordance with the Quality Control Program and Safety Inspection Checklist.
- Coordinates submission of construction progress reports; reviews report for adequacy and accuracy of services performed, conformance to schedules, and laboratory reports. Processes drawings and material lists.
- Confers with designers on contractor-submitted items to ensure design intent is accomplished in construction.
- Performs special studies and projects to establish or improve systems for construction scheduling, quality assurance, cost control, progress reporting, and safety.
- Assists in reviewing engineering designs and contract documents to enhance project constructability, usability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness and to minimize contractor claims and inconvenience to airlines, tenants, and travelers.
- Prepares periodic cost and schedule reports, charts, and graphs.
- Assists in administering construction contracts, including contract modifications, budget and forecasting reviews, and cash flow projections. Reviews expenditures and highlights anticipated cost variances and exceptions. Creates purchase orders and invoices.
- Analyzes contractor estimates and recommends approval, modification, or rejection to the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR).
- Assists in coordinating construction and architectural/engineering (A/E) firms’ provision of construction phase services, ensuring procedures and processes are correctly followed, including the timely submittal of drawings, documents, and samples.
- Facilitates project meetings, site visits, and processes Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in construction project administration within the
- Aviation industry, (airfield construction and other related efforts are more encouraged), including assisting with large-scale construction project controls/administration and analyzing and estimating construction project costs.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply planning-design-construction procurement and project management processes and A/E project accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction project management and safety practices and ability to apply it to help ensure projects are within budget, on schedule, consistent with contracts and industry standards, and properly recorded in databases.
- Knowledge of construction industry standards and practices (e.g., civil and structural construction, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and elevator) and ability to apply it to evaluate construction drawings and specifications to ensure compliance with building codes.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering, with emphasis on civil and structural engineering and project management, and ability to provide technical and procedural support on project controls to construction managers and help revise guidelines for construction safety, quality, scheduling, cost control, and progress reporting.
- Ability to make detailed analyses of data and information and make recommendations.
- Ability to speak and write effectively in English (Primary) and Swahili.
- Skill in using a computer and modern office suite software, with emphasis on engineering project management software/systems.
- Airport and Airfield Construction
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Certifications and Licenses Required
- A driver’s license in good standing.
- Certificates related to Aviation and/or Construction.
- Necessary Special Factors
- Certificate of Good Conduct must be provided.
Manager, Airport Certification and Safety
- We are seeking an experienced, energetic, strategic, innovative, and results-oriented manager to fill a critical position in the Aviation Department’s Aviation Operations team.
- Reporting to the Manager, Safety & Regulatory Compliance, the successful candidate will be expected to ensure that airport operations and maintenance activities and facility infrastructure comply with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and agency and department policy.
- The manager will assess the airport’s implementation of a vast array of requirements, interface with the KAA and other airports to identify best safety practices, assist the airport to implement a Safety Management System (SMS), and serve as a technical resource and expert for the airport’s certification and safety program.
- The Manager, Airport Certification and Safety must maintain close working relationships with the Airport General Manager, the Managers of Airport Operations and Maintenance, the ARFF Chief and Deputy Chief, the Port Authority Police, the KAA, and the Port Authority Office of Emergency Management (PAOEM).
- Key activities include research, audit, evaluation, coordination, advise staff with recommendations, produce data reports, write reports, analyze, and observe airport activities, record keeping management, and associated administrative work.
The Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actively work with airport operations, maintenance, wildlife, and ARFF staff to develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive, systematic, and consistent plans to ensure that the airport achieves outstanding results on annual airport certification inspections.
- Conduct audits of the airport’s day-to-day activities to ensure compliance with requirements, the Airport Certification Manual, department policy and KAA Advisory Circulars.
- Conduct reviews and analysis of the airport self-inspection program and identify trends and recommend improvements.
- Review and analyze the results of annual certification inspections and develop plans for immediate remediation and continuous improvement.
- Provide oversight of all training, including ARFF, wildlife, and driver training records management.
- Ensure that the ACM, including airport daily inspection procedures, construction safety and phasing plans, airport snow and ice control plans, and training documentation are up to date and accurate.
- Constantly monitor changes to Advisory Circulars and KAA publications and advise airport staff of upcoming regulatory changes.
- Craft future requirements, including SMS and other safety initiatives.
- Coordinate with sister airports to standardize airport certification policies and procedures.
- Research, evaluate, make recommendations, and produce data reports regarding airport compliance
- Craft the SMS program to include safety inspection procedures, the facility safety inspection program, and airport safety inspections to identify potential hazards and prepare and recommend practical solutions to eliminate and prevent hazardous conditions.
- Coordinate with the airport to chair the KAA’s required SMS committee and coordinate with other departments to enhance awareness of safety issues.
- Coordinate and liaison with the KAA, the Port Authority Police Department (PAPD), and airport tenants on all matters involving SMS.
- Work with airport staff to implement relevant Advisory Circulars and, if necessary, recommend revision of the ACM accordingly.
- Review reports by Airport Operations field supervisory personnel performing airport self-inspection and certification related activities.
- Coordinate with Aviation Operations central staff, local airport management, and sister facility airport certification staff to provide collective input and feedback about operations policy, facility procedures and future airport safety initiatives and technologies.
- Contribute to aeronautical construction projects by offering KAA advisory circular design guidance.
- Participate in the development, submission, and receipt of KAA approval of Construction Safety and Phasing Plans.
- Represent Aviation Operations at local Runway Safety Action Team (RSAT) meetings, airport Chief Pilots meetings, FAA Industry Day meetings, and other community and industry meetings.
- Handle administrative responsibilities, including preparing various performance reports and documenting work efforts in report format.
- In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the selected candidate will be required, when necessary, to report to the Port Authority Agency Emergency Operations Center (EOC) in Kenya to work emergencies and/or weather-related events (i.e., significant snowfall events), outside of normal working hours, inclusive of nighttime 12-hour shifts.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Aviation Management or a related field.
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations with at least three years of experience in airport operations/Part139 at a Part 139 certificated airport.
- Knowledge of the airport industry and associated FAA programs, particularly safety compliance.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- AAAE accreditation.
- Experience working in the aviation industry, preferably airport / airline operations and safety as they pertain to Part 139.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of FAA Advisory Circulars as they pertain to airport operations, safety, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of and experience with Airport Safety Management System (SMS).
Sr. Airport Construction Manager II
Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, delegates assignment to subordinate managers.
- Reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Develops, modifies, executes company polices that affect immediate operations and may have company-wide effect.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Oversees the administration of projects during the construction cycle including technical, financial, and client satisfaction.
- Accountable for the development, coordination, and execution of the planning, design and/or construction management activities and personnel under individual’s direction on a day-to-day basis.
- BA/BS + 10 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency and/or education, including 2 years of leadership.
- Min of 10-years aviation experience
- Fully knowledgeable in ICAO requirements and regulations to certifying runways.
- OSHA Training
If you qualify for the above, kindly send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.