Security Management jobs,Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Economics jobs,Actuarial Science jobs, Engineering jobs, Information Technology jobs,
2023, MEA, University Vacation Program
You’re the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth.
Our Internship programme is a 8-week university vacation internship programme commencing in May for undergraduate university students. The programme offers in-office work experience in our Operations, Finance, Corporate Banking or TTS (Treasury & Trade Solutions) business areas in Kenya.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Whether you’ve got prior financial industry experience or not, this internship provides an opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest financial services organisations. If your internship is successful, you could be considered for one of Citi’s full-time graduate or analyst programmes.
Your time here will look something like this.
- Hands on work experience as a member of the team you are selected for
- Get a solid understanding of the broad range of financial services and products Citi provides
- Learn to build financial models and develop corporate finance solutions for our clients – we strive to create the best outcomes for our clients with financial ingenuity that simple, creative and responsible solutions
- Conduct research and analyze industry trends to support our bespoke advice and superior value proposition
- Participate in client development – Citi aims to be the best banking partner for our clients by delivering differentiated client experiences
We want to hear from you if
- We look for highly motivated candidates with a strong work ethic, a positive and proactive mindset, and a firm desire to learn and succeed
- A keen interest in financial markets and current affairs is critical
- We value diverse thinking and encourage students from all degree disciplines to consider our opportunities.
- Studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Engineering and Information Technology subjects are beneficial but not essential
- You are due to be graduating in 2024
- On course to achieve a 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level in any degree
- You have an interest in business
- You are fluent in a 2nd language (this is desirable but not essential)
- Applicants to attached their CV, Cover Letter and Updated Academic History
Who we think will be a great fit
- Extensive work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. We’ll be looking for the following:
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial markets and banking industry
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape
- A strong desire to learn and success in team environments
- Commitment to personal growth and career development
Country Security Manager – Kenya (Hybrid)
- The main responsibility of the Security Manager is to manage and coordinate the Security and Safety services across an assigned geographical area for all Citi businesses.
- The direct reporting line for the Security Manager is to the CSIS SSA Security Head with a matrix to Legal Counsel.
- The Security Manager is responsible for the development and conformity to policies, strategies and standards as defined by Citi and its regulators.
- The main goal of the position is to maintain a safe environment for clients, employees and to protect the company’s assets. It also involves the protection of the Company’s integrity and reputation.
- The Security Manager Kenya needs to ensure that Security and Safety Services meet business requirements, local legal regulations and adhere to Citigroup policies and procedures. The Security Manager performs on-site reviews to verify the quality of compliance with Security and Safety standards and procedures.
- The Security Manager undertakes Risk Assessments of all Company (Citi) sites in the assigned area.
CSIS is part of Citi’s global functions. CSIS EMEA Regional Management is based in London. The Security Services division is divided into four sub-regions: Western Europe, Central/Eastern Europe & Commonwealth of Independent States, Middle East & Pakistan and Africa. The Security Manager Kenya reports into the CSIS SSA Security Cluster Manager.
The Security Manager is a subject matter expert, with a strong knowledge of security as well as a good understanding of business processes in Citi. The position requires interaction with external vendors, third party staff, as well as working with staff from various countries and backgrounds.
This is a visible position, requiring a high level of professionalism, leadership and experience as well as the ability to interact with senior members of all divisions within the company.
- Responsible for the management of Security in Kenya, as well as performing any other assignment that may be given to him by the SSA Cluster Head
- Manage 24/7 control room and security pass admin functions for Kenya.
- Manage assigned CSIS employee and non-employee staff in Kenya.
- Work with business representatives in non CSIS represented countries to ensure full security functions.
- Responsibility for maintaining a high level of customer service to the business, the continued growth and development of staff, as well as the quality assurance of CSIS work product.
- Ensuring that business goals, prioritization and results established by the CSIS EMEA Security Director are maintained through effective allocation of resources and productivity.
- Responsibility for security related expenses.
- Managing the entire security cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day administrative and direct management responsibilities of security staff. This includes disciplinary, budgetary and coordination efforts for the area and staff. As directed, the Security Manager will take on special projects and assignments on behalf of CSIS globally.
- Build relationships with country stakeholders and in-country business contacts.
- Maintain contact with law enforcement authorities and OSAC (Overseas Security Advisory Council) and others to obtain and exchange relevant security related information.
- Ensures adherence to CSIS security and safety policy and standards.
- Conduct Security Risk Assessments for all Citi sites
- Analyse and assess security situations for all managed countries and develop appropriate programs.
- Assume responsibility for corrective action items and issue policy exceptions where applicable.
- Manage CSIS security-related expenses.
- Discuss and agree security related investments with the country businesses and CSIS SSA Cluster Security Manager.
- Perform the Fire Safety oversight. Ensure that safety roles are assigned (e.g. fire wardens), trainings are taken and fire drill exercises are performed as required.
- Prepare and conduct operational readiness exercises.
- Select and manage security related vendors (security staff, security systems).
- Assume responsibility for security related vendor contracts.
- Work with procurement on new contracts and contract extensions.
- Responsibility for security related systems (access control, CCTV, alarm systems)
- Manage and prepare for possible emergencies (e.g., demonstrations or unrest which may impact Citi)
- Review all security related incidents and ensure they are reported/escalated.
- Assume responsibility for CSIS/Security MCA relevant deliverables for the countries.
- Provide Support for Audits (e.g., data centre certification audits, Internal reviews, external authorities’ reviews)
- Provide Executive Protection as requested and lined out by CSIS. Manage and co-ordinate activities with Police/Embassies and all other pertinent parties.
- Review new Citi sites and advice regarding the security related fit-out for site relocation projects.
- Enhance Security/Safety awareness in the business (e.g. Security Awareness, trainings)
- Participate in EMEA CSIS initiatives and projects, as well as rollouts.
- Execute implementation of CSIS projects.
- Liaise with the CSIS Investigative Unit where applicable.
- Establish and maintain relationships and contacts with local law enforcement and intelligence agencies.
- Assume the security lead role in the crisis management team.
- Opportunity to perform a unique function interacting on many levels
- Position is also visible externally networking with peers and others in the security sector.
- College level education/University degree (Upper Second Class Honours and above)
- Proficient bi-lingual capabilities (English/Swahili)
- Background in physical security or law enforcement Competencies
- Ability to successfully manage, coordinate and direct team members
- Sound knowledge and experience of security systems
- Finance and business acumen
- Strategic mind-set with analytical capabilities
- Result driven
- Strong interpersonal and development skills
- Ability to work independently
- Project management, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to improve efficiencies
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional experience: 10 years
- Functional experience: 5 years
- 5 years relevant work experience in (physical) Security Management
- People management skills and experience
- Substantial subject matter expertise in security installations and technology
- Project implementation skills and experience
- Solid understanding of datacentre operational processes and datacentre security.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English language and ability to communicate and influence at an appropriate level
- Willingness to travel
- Reachable 24 x 7
- Ability to work independently in the position
- Good organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and prioritise within aggressive deadlines
- Leadership skills and competence to manage remote locations and team members
- Ability to assert CSIS security standards within local businesses
- Good computer literacy
- Capability to run projects successfully in a complex security environment
- Strong decision making
- Strong team player possessing leadership traits
- Ability to establish relationships and contacts with local law enforcement and intelligence agencies.