Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Continuous monitoring of the external environment undertaking independent research in identifying (alternative) resources that ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Coordination, preparation, monitoring, and timely compilation of grant proposals together with the Program implementation teams and the CEO.
- Develop and manage a fundraising budget along with budget monitoring.
- Develop and maintain a donor database, including initial donor profiling and in-depth analysis.
- Development and maintenance of a fundraising calendar to cultivate and maintain sustainable relationships based on HAART Values.
- Collaborate with the Communication Officers and develop donor-specific communication tactics.
- Design and implement fundraising campaigns based on HAART’s values (online as well as in person; in Kenya as well as international).
- Coordinate respective fundraising teams for campaigns and events.
- Close collaboration with Project Leads, HAART Poland, internal Communication Officer, and Finance to support holistic donor engagement from Capacity development for HAART staff in proposal development to Engagement and coordination of fundraising champions (local and abroad).
- Reviewing policies and suggestions for enhancement, where necessary.
Essential criteria & qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Fundraising, or any related field (preferably a master’s degree).
- A proven track record of a minimum of three years of successful fundraising in the development sector or similar environment or previous experience in sales or marketing is also acceptable.
- Knowledge of the fundraising environment (and NGO sector), understanding of different processes and techniques.
- Experience in monitoring and implementing fundraising strategies and budgets.
- Experience in developing, writing, and submitting grant applications for projects/organizations.
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills – innovative/creative thinker.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills, proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client, and donor relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities.
- Highly self-motivated and able to drive initiatives as well as collaborating with teams.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send one PDF of their cover letter, CV, contact information for 3 references, and salary expectations to email@example.com using “Fundraising Officer” as the subject of your email.