Finance Management Jobs, Accounting Jobs,
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, the Senior Analyst is responsible for the preparation of funder and institutional client financial reports as well as other program and internal reports and analyzing company financial performance and industry trends and best practices. Specific responsibilities include:
ANALYSIS & REPORTING (90%)
- Work with the Financial Reporting Manager in developing and implementing reporting systems and processes that accurately reflect the performance and results of programs, as well as donor contributions and commitments.
- Prepare detailed reports for internal and external stakeholders, such as donors, program managers, and board members.
- Collaborating with program managers to ensure that program reporting accurately reflects the goals, objectives, and outcomes of programs.
- Ensuring that donor reporting accurately reflects contributions and commitments.
- Work with the company Finance Managers to develop a system of tracking donor reporting timelines, billing and collections and ensure this is done timely.
- Collaborating with finance staff to ensure that donor requirements are accurately reflected in financial reports and records.
- Assisting with fundraising and development activities by providing information and support for proposals and other fundraising initiatives.
- Analyze the historical performance of projects and the company and propose areas of improvement.
- Analyze the performance of various business segments and advise management.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets and forecasting of future financial performance
- Conduct benchmarking and research activities to assess company performance against the industry and advise management.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets for proposals.
- Analyze the best practices and market trends and advise management.
- Develop and advise management on the key performance metrics against which the different business segments should be measured.
- Work on adhoc management reports as required by your supervisor and management.
OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT (10% time)
- Work with client-facing departments for any support required in the bidding processes.
- Understand and participate in the funding renewal process for various funders.
- Work with the Admin & procurement officer to implement the controls relating to the partners’ requirements.
Successful candidates must navigate fast-paced environments with enthusiasm and incredible attention to detail.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in donor financial reporting, data analysis, or other relevant fields.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, and Excel and skills in using accounting software
- Ability to assess risks and exercise reasonable judgment in making decisions.
- Analytical and reporting skills with the ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with the highest personal integrity, and critical thinking skills.
- Fluent in English is required, Kinyarwanda and French also preferred.
Senior Finance Associate
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Associate is responsible for ensuring that all accounts are reconciled, adherence to internal controls, compliance, and financial reporting. Specific responsibilities include:
BOOKKEEPING AND FINANCE (90%)
- Book keeping and recording transactions in the accounting system as and when requested by the Supervisor
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments on a monthly basis
- Preparation of monthly accounts reconciliation
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations
- Process supplier payments timely and ensure they are properly supported
- Ensure maintenance of a proper filing systems for contracts, revenues and expenses
- Preparation for annual company audit by providing supporting documentation, reconciliation schedules and relevant explanation where required.
- Prepare reconciliation of significant account balances
- Oversee financial operations of the company.
- Maintain a schedule of due dates for clients bills and ensure timely billing and collection of outstanding amounts from clients.
- Follow up all client bills and ensure timely payment of due amounts.
- Prepare EBM invoices for clients on a timely basis.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documents for investments and timely disbursement of investment funds to entrepreneurs
- Prepare receivables aging reports.
- Plan and carry out physical inspection of assets at least twice year.
- Review general ledger transactions on a monthly basis to ensure completeness, cut off, occurrence and accuracy of recorded transactions.
- Ensure financial transactions are accounted for in accordance with applicable accounting framework, company’s policies and international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Prepare budget to actual reports on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and other tax declarations and ensure they are paid on time
- Update the team on new tax laws and ensure tax compliance.
- Prepare monthly expenditure needs for the company.
- Regularly update the Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Finance Director and Managing Director of any new or change in laws and regulations affecting the company’s operations
- Provide support to the Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Finance Director and other Company Management as required.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (10%)
- Provide support to the Finance Associates by reviewing the transactions they post
- Work with the Procurement and Administration officer in Managing the relationship with suppliers
We are seeking individuals who can bring lasting impact to our work. We are looking for candidates who will navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, a sense of humor, imagination and integrity.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- University degree in accounting or related field. Professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CIFA, or CFA or any other accounting or finance related qualification will be preferred
- At least 3 years of work experience in accounting and finance, financial & compliance, audit or other relevant fields
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and skills in using accounting software
- Good understanding and application of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAPs) and International accounting standards (IASs)
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and Country’s applicable tax framework
- Understanding of financial reporting and management reporting
- Ability to prepare the company’s financial statements when required
- Ability to assess risks and exercise reasonable judgment in making a decision
- Analytical skills with the ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with the highest level of personal integrity
- English and any local language fluency required