Engineering jobs, Computer Science jobs, ICT jobs,
MPBN/PACO SME Engineer
As part of our team, you will:
- Be responsible for the operation, maintenance and daily checks of the MPBN and Packet Core Nodes as well as trouble shooting, resolving and escalating to support any issues within the MPBN and Packet Core Network.
- Support in co-design, implementation and deployment of the ancillary networks that surround the MPBN Network – IPRAN, CS Core, RAN, IN, Packet Core.
- Update and maintain Network IP Planning document.
- Performance of periodic Preventive Maintenance activities on MPBN and Packet Core nodes.
- Determine correlation- dependencies between Application- Packet Core – RAN KPIs (Radio Access Network) – Handsets as well as the IP transport Network.
- Be performing Software and Hardware updates and upgrades on MPBN nodes.
- Follow-up, tracing & verification of MPBN Work Orders execution.
- Prepare and Validate Incident report and Root Cause Analysis for MPBN incidents
- Verify and followup timely closure of domain TTs
- Participate in Emergency handling.
- Be the Customer Interface for MPBN and Provide local domain support to TSG (1st Level Engineering Team) and NOC
- Be responsible for spares and inventory management for MPBN nodes.
- Review daily Health check, Active alarms & hardware fault reports for MPBN nodes and reported by NOC and proactively.
- Review domain CSR’s/Care/Support tickets with the Equipment Vendors.
- Verify and followup Backup trackers for MPBN domain.
- Support new MPBN nodes – ATPs, Security AT, VA issues closure.
- Be preparing and presenting CRs in CMB and follow up approvals.
Follow all Nokia Information Security policies and guidelines including ISMS (ISO27001 program)
Your Skills And Experience
- Bachelors’ in Engineering/Computer Science/ with 6 -10 Yrs of experience or above
- Strong IP skills. Professional Certification level ideal. (Cisco CCNP, Nokia NRS 1, Juniper JNCIP)
- Extensive multi-vendor experience in Routers, Switches and Firewalls maintenance and configuration as well as a good understanding of 3GPP interfaces and call flows.
- At least 2 years experience in UNIX administration as well as integration and support experience in 2G/3G/4G Ericsson data technologies.