Latest Job Openings at MTN
Latest Job Openings at MTN
MTN Group, formerly M-Cell, is a South Africa-based multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg.Open Jobs
Specialist: Finance Operations Accounts Payable (AP)
The Specialist Finance Operations Accounts Payable (AP): will provide accounts payable, accruals, general ledger account analysis and reconciliations. Responsible for processing and maintaining prepaid expenses, and deferred AP accounts. Assist with month-end close and the preparation of the annual budget.
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Finance, the individual will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Perform working capital (AP) requirement forecasts.
- Perform expenses month end budget variance analysis with contra ways to better adverse variances.
- Check that supplier invoices have been matched to LPOs, Requisitions, that there is proof of goods/services being received and that prices charged on invoices are per LPOs.
- Ensure appropriate withholding tax, excise and VAT is accounted for on relevant supplier invoices and remitted to KRA.
- Review all non-AP supplier documentation that is submitted to Finance for payment is correct. Ensure proper and systematic filing systems are maintained for all supplier and payment support documentation.
- Maintain the AP Ledger by reviewing it at least weekly to ensure that there are no errors that need to be corrected and to assess whether suppliers are being paid on time.
- Ensure that all supplier and other liability invoices and payments are accurately processed in the accounting system.
- Ensure that proper physical and accounting controls are maintained over petty cash and cash requisitions.
- Process AP And GL journals where required from any of the duties required herein.
- Reconcile the current account statements to the Sage records monthly.
- Any other duties that may be allocated from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting with CPA or ACCA qualification.
- Must have 5 years of accounting experience, at least 3 in Accounts Payable Management.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Telecommunication’s Industry, with operational support experience.
- Demonstrated experience in an accounts payable position and understanding of accounts payable issues.
- Oracle experience – preferable
- Proven knowledge of standard Accounts Payable practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage employees to provide effective Accounts Payable services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to acquire information and influence others with diplomacy, tact and discretion and to engage internal and external stakeholders at all levels with respect and confidence.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, as well as the ability to work in a self-directed manner, take initiative, and work independently when required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to identify issues and develop solutions Outstanding organisational skills including the ability to manage and prioritise multiple concurrent tasks, meet tight deadlines and to work in an independent, flexible manner where required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders (both internal and external) both in the provision of information, support, and advice.
- Demonstrated customer service/administrative experience.
- Excellent working knowledge across the Microsoft Office suite with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in the use of Windows based applications (particularly spreadsheets)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work closely with other team members and to engage stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ability to work within a high-volume transaction and diverse business environment.
- Excellent time management skills, flexibility, and an ability to work unsupervised and under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail with high quality data entry and typing skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple suppliers at one time with a strong focus on high service delivery standards.
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
- Self-motivated and pro-active achiever able to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to train and mentor direct reports.
- Task oriented with a strong ability to work autonomously.
- Able to uphold ethical standards and values, and to act with integrity.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the procurement of goods and services and supporting improvement within the procurement department.
The individual will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Assist in developing, implementing monitoring and review of procurement plans.
- Assist in initiating Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quotations (RFQ), ensuring the user needs are met, the company obtains best value and that the procurement processes are fair, open, ethical and in line with procurement policies and procedures.
- Analyses and evaluates requisition forms to ensure purchases meet the requirements and advise users effectively.
- Procure all materials and equipment ordered in a cost-effective and transparent manner.
- While creating purchase orders, ensuring that orders have been budgeted for and assigning the right budget line.
- Conducting supplier negotiations within the scope of services.
- Assist in the evaluation and negotiation of payments and credit terms for all new and existing suppliers.
- Ensure that all purchase orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt. Regularly review update and share the databases and trackers to his/her supervisor.
- Assist evaluation of bids and proposal and making sure that the bids evaluation report contains all the facts and information required to justify the recommendation made.
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedule and compare actual deliveries to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Perform the vendor prequalification exercise, and maintain contracts renewals database, ensuring that contracts are renewed in time.
- Support the payments cycle by providing inputs and submitting all the procurement paperwork required for payments processing.
- Ensure stocks are monitored and replenished on time.
- Administer shipment of goods, maintaining communication through customers, authorities (Local/import), clearing agents and shippers
- Ensure that Monthly procurement reports are submitted in time.
- Business Degree
- Professional Diploma (advantageous)
- Membership of KISM or CIPS
- 5 years similar job experience ideally in a leading organization
- In-depth knowledge of effective purchasing and supplies management
- Ability to work with ERP (Oracle, Sage).
- Great relationship management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Impeccable time-management
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Understanding of risk management
- Understanding of and ability to enhance sustainability.
- Understanding of the global market
- Be familiar with the technology and systems.
- Good financial understanding
- Ability to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to analyze key performance indicators (KPIs)
Qualified candidates are invited to send their applications and detailed CV, including qualifications, experience, present position, and current remuneration. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the job title on the subject line. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2023 before 5:00pm East African time.