Business management Jobs, Information Technology Jobs, Sales and Marketing Jobs,
M-PESA Capability Development Officer
Reporting to the MPESA Capability Development Academy Squad, the successful candidate will be responsible for development, coordination, and delivery of M-PESA training programs; documentation and dissemination of M-PESA Products and Services to relevant audience on a continuous basis (within the organization and for our customers)
M-PESA Knowledge needs assessment
- Identify gaps and challenges in M-PESA products knowledge and roll out training that addresses those challenges.
- Identify and assess training needs of staff by conferring with managers and supervisors or conducting surveys and plan to plug the training needs gaps.
M-PESA Knowledge content development
- Develop content for every M-PESA product or service to be documented in various forms such as videos, audio, and written formats.
- Evaluate all current information about M-PESA products and services from various touch points including corporate website, Yammer, YouTube Channel. These includes product guides, FAQs, Tariffs tables, marketing fliers etc.
- Contribute to all stages of multimedia (video and graphics) creative development, from research and storyboarding to animation /production and final delivery.
- Collaborate with the squad and cluster teams to meet creative and production goals
- Understand best practices for short-form content on social platforms to improve our product experiences.
- Maintain the highest creative, conceptual and production standards, while constantly ensuring brand integrity and consistency.
- Concepting, storyboarding, animating, and editing video, audio and graphic design projects.
- Using video and visual design to craft captivating stories to ensure engagement, clarity of message and brand consistency across every communications channel.
- Seek opportunities to reduce production costs while maintaining quality standards.
Documentation and Presentation
- Document M-PESA products and services knowledge materials that guide training, marketing, and general understanding of the product.
- Ensure that for every M-PESA product or service there are knowledge materials that guide training, marketing, and general understanding of the product.
- Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Produce training materials for in-house courses as appropriate. Amend and revise materials as necessary, to adapt to changes that occur.
- Share M-PESA product and services information on request and proactively with all relevant touchpoints.
- Ensure that for every M-PESA product or service there are knowledge materials that guide training, marketing, and general understanding of the product and that they are circulated to the relevant audience in a timely manner.
Training programs development, and execution
- Spearhead creation M-PESA products and services training programs across the entire organization.
- Manage training and development activities to meet current and future business needs.
- Maintain a high-quality training schedule and profile for all eligible staff, agents, and partners.
- Facilitate the execution of all training plans at the organization and regional levels to all direct staff, contracted staff, M-PESA Agents and partners.
- Work globally, understanding and accommodating needs by all sales regions.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Experience working within a fast-paced and geographically diverse organization.
- Organized, Creative and self-motivated with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to think strategically in terms of culture, organizational behavior, business processes, and knowledge management tools.
- Strong understanding of technology behind M-PESA and financial services solutions.
- Good appreciation of Business Unit needs both at the operational and strategic level.
- Be comfortable with taking initiative, interacting with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Be able to read through and understand previous versions of documentation and perform research to ensure clarity and accuracy of current documentation.
- Can present technical information in a non-technical way.
- Ability to speak English and Kiswahili clearly for live presentation and video scripting.
- Ability to travel frequently away from Nairobi with short notice.
- Ability to maintain very high standards of integrity as per company policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in business management, business administration, communication, journalism, writing, or another related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience in training/learning content development OR achieved 60 hours of training in Safaricom product and services. Experience in M-PESA training will be an added advantage.
- Proven desktop publishing skills and use of relevant publishing software.
- Sound working with M-PESA products and services.
- Have at least 6 months experience of video, motion graphics and static graphic design experience.
- Demonstrate well executed designs in motion for e-learning platforms product explainer. (Provide a link to an online strong portfolio with relevant examples of previous work along with an intense sense of typography, design, animation, and style frames).
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro) and a basic understanding of a diverse range of motion design software, plugins, techniques, and approach.
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies and ceremonies.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, constantly evolving environment while remaining organized and meticulous.
- Possess a high degree of creativity as well as proven technical production skills.
- Are familiar with industry standard editing workflows, video formats, codecs, and frame rates.
Last Date to Apply: Mar 3, 2023
Latest Career Openings at Safaricom Kenya
Enterprise Architecture Lead
Reporting to the HoD Enterprise Architecture, the position holder will shape and drive end-to-end Architecture for IT for Safaricom ensuring that our technology assets continuously evolve to deliver best customer experience, enable new rich services and meet future operational targets. This role requires a high-caliber individual with strong strategic mindset. Solid understanding of IT Architecture together with underlying IT infrastructure is a key imperative. The role holders should be inquisitive, always keeping abreast with emerging IT best practice. The role holder should additionally have a track record of working effectively with a wide set of stakeholders on complex technology programs.
- Manage target architecture vision and roadmap in alignment with Safaricom strategy.
- Design, develop and deploy Enterprise Architecture practices, standards, frameworks and patterns.
- Test and onboard new technologies and suppliers to drive innovation and meet emerging business requirements.
- Provide thought leadership on contextualization of global best practice for Safaricom Enterprise Architecture and IT strategy
- Develop standards to guide Solution Architecture practice and other teams in day-to-day delivery.
- Lead the evaluation and selection of hardware and software products
- Develop and maintain the technology roadmap for assigned area, collaborating with business and IT partners to ensure that the roadmap creates business value with technically sound solutions.
- Provide key inputs into financial management processes to align budget priorities with strategy and architecture.
- University degree in Information Technology or a telecommunications biased discipline.
- Experience of leading development of complex technology strategies, architectures or roadmaps
- Experience in End-to-End Solution Architecting
- Demonstrated experience implementing standard architecture and governance frameworks in a busy IT environment. TOGAF preferred.
- Certification in leading Architecture frameworks will be added advantage. This may include TOGAF, CGEIT.
- Good understanding of broad set of technologies used in IT.
- At least 7 years’ experience working in a software engineering or planning role or End-to-End for BSS or OSS applications.
- Demonstrated experience working within financial and supplier management processes.
Last Date to Apply: Mar 6, 2023
Content Growth Manager
Reporting to the Tribe Lead – Digital Services, the position holder is responsible for the creation and implementation of content acquisition and growth strategies that achieve consistent revenue growth and customer loyalty.
The role holder will;
- leverage on research, data analytics, partners, technology and ideas inside/ far outside of the company, constantly scanning the economic landscape to identify and capitalize capabilities that enable the success of new Content Business commercial models for long-term competitive advantage. The primary purpose is to define, lead and coordinate the development and execution of the content monetization and growth strategy as well as the business model encompassing Consumer acquisition, Activation and Retention strategies with a digital focus. It will also build and drive efficiency and effectiveness of the content partners funnel to drive business growth, engagement and lifetime value.
- Be responsible for developing and owning sales and marketing strategy, go-to-market strategy and planning, lifecycle management, affiliate marketing management, campaign planning & management, customer/partner funnel optimization, external stakeholder management and mentoring a high-performing growth team within the Digital Services.
- Track performance and is expected to constantly have/source the requisite data to prove what’s working and what isn’t, and to effect timely corrective action as required. Strong commercial acumen and ability to come up with ideas for driving product growth, customer acquisition, customer lifetime value, customer retention, revenue growth and profitability of product line(s) is key to the role
- The Growth Manager is accountable as a business leader for achievement of the new growth content business financial and strategic outcomes.
- Actively participate in developing the Content Business commercial strategy (and its continuous iteration) that defines the short-term and long-term plans that leverage on Information, Technology, Content Partners and Digitization capabilities for the business.
- Lead the definition and execution of the business models, products and Go-To-Market (GTM)/Distribution strategies for the content business.
- Structure the Consumer segment outcomes and prioritize their execution, ensuring stakeholders are aligned and all organization resources are mobilized for the achievement of the intended value.
- Own consumer growth strategy to drive growth, maximize immediate and long-term ROMI and inform our customer-facing experience across acquisition and retention
- Engage Key customers and industry stakeholders e.g. content partners, Artists to execute programs that increase growth and deepen product penetration and adoption.
- Responsible for defining and tracking Objective Key Results (OKRs) and KPIs as part of the quarterly business review (QBR) process.
- Participates in the sprint planning to reaffirm priorities and clarify requirements.
- Pre and Post launch design and implement optimization tests across our end-to-end customer funnel.
- Leverage insights from data to design targeted lifestyle retention and loyalty programs to sustain usage performance and mitigate churn
- Engages stakeholders and senior leaders regularly on all aspects of the content business for communications and decision-making.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management: Accounting Economics, Commerce, and Finance or related fields.
- MBA or a Master’s degree in a business field is desirable
- +5 years hands experience in Sales and Marketing in a highly competitive commercial environment.
- Possess certifications in agile practices and good experience with at least one requirements tracking tool like Jira, Confluence and collaborative tools
Last Date to Apply: Mar 5, 2023
Latest Career Openings at Safaricom Kenya