Kenya Airways Announces Job Opportunities: Apply Now!
Kenya Airways Announces Job Opportunities: Apply Now!
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
The incumbent will provide Engineering services for aircraft powerplant systems through modifications, aircraft/engine health monitoring and defect management to ensure safe, reliable and cost-effective operations in line with business,regulatory and industry requirements.
- Develop, continuously monitor and update Engine & APU removal plan that will ensure Engine availability and On-wing reliability for On-wing operation.
- Review system alerts, significant events and perform root cause analysis for the systems and components that exceed alert levels as established and provide recommendations to address them.
- Liaise with manufacturers and vendors on repetitive issues affecting the fleet.
- Creates technical and economical substantiation for warranty and maintenance reserves claims.
- Review Engine and APU shop visit invoices to ensure that they are accurate and as per the contractual agreement.
- Prepare Engineering Control (EC) documents (such as engineering orders, engineering authorizations, fleet campaigns) to direct the required incorporation of modifications, improvements, and disposition of Line troubleshooting and Shop requests.
- Ensure timely compliance with regulatory authorities’ Airworthiness Directives (ADs), manufacturer’s Service Bulletins (SBs), service information letters (SILs) and other mandated maintenance requirement at optimized cost whilst maintaining safety standards.
- Preparation of aircraft test flights schedule and participation in Certificate of Airworthiness test flights.
- Evaluate the present level of engine performance using on-wing trend monitoring, and borescope inspection results and identify actions to extend or optimize on wing performance.
- Develop engine shop visit work scope that defines level of work to be done and other compliances.
- Perform continuous monitoring of shop visit progress and resolving technical issues arising.
- Enforcement of delivery and return conditions including engine records review, shop visit Forecasting and physical engine equipment review.
- Optimize and recommend revision of aircraft and component maintenance requirements based on in-service experience, SB incorporation and industry problems.
- Monitoring of operational and insurance obligations as required by relevant aircraft/engine lease agreements.
- Performs statistical analysis of aircraft systems failures, components, power plants and structures to improve management of airworthiness
- and maintenance cost.
- Initiates preliminary investigations and formulate a recommendation of corrective and preventive actions for conditions that are above alert limits.
- Perform continuous monitoring of corrective actions to determine their effectiveness.
- Collates technical disruption data and determine dispatch reliability for comparison with the Kenya airways and industry standards.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to resolve chronic aircraft defects.
- Ensure technical support is provided as required and when required (on 24h/7d basis).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Aeronautical/Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronic).
- Two (2) years’ experience in an Engineering or Maintenance environment or as a Graduate Trainee Engineer.
- Basic root course analysis skills.
- Basic Engineering design knowledge.
- Basic knowledge in statistical analysis.
- Ability to interpret engineering data/Publication/drawings and translate into working documents.
- Ability to use standard IT Tools.
- Additional Details
- Detailed knowledge on the KCAA/EASA/FAA regulations and theKenya Airways engineering procedures.
- Demonstrated competence in engineering practices.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Information Seeking.
- Organizational Commitment.
- Teamwork & Cooperation.
- Concern for Order & Quality.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Conceptual Thinking.
The incumbent will be responsible for development definition ofengineering standards within his/her discipline in the company and third-partyfleets with a view of optimizing airline and customer aircraft product costwhilst maintaining safety standards.
- Carryout analysis for airworthiness directives (ADs); manufacturer’s servicebulletins (SBs), service information letters (SILs) and call out for accomplishmentas necessary.
- Prepare engineering orders to provide procedures to be used in aircraft maintenanceactivities.
- Carryout analysis of assigned defects, delays, and significant events to establishroot cause and necessary corrective actions recommendations.
- Provide technical support to the maintenance team on technical matters.
- Carryout fleet reliability analysis to contribute towards reliability reportsdevelopment.
- Initiate preliminary investigations and formulate a recommendation of corrective andpreventive actions for conditions that are above alert limits.
- Continuous monitoring of corrective actions to determine their effectives.
- Liaisonon technical issues to respective original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with aview to improve reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Developing ETOPS, MELs and Flight Test manuals to ensure that they meet the localauthority requirements.
- Developing Aircraft interior Layout of Passenger Accommodations (LOPA) for differentaircraft in Kenya Airways fleet. During VVIP operations, prepare the VVIP LOPAand have it approved by the Director General of the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA).
- Carryout component repair and overhaul capability for shops to facilitate regulatoryrequirements.
- Transcribe worksheets from CMM for workshop floor use.
- Liaise with manufacturers and vendors on reliability issues.
- Graduate from a recognized university (Mechanical, Aeronautical Electrical/Electronic,or equivalent).
- Successfully completed graduate training programme or at least 3-year relevant engineeringexperience.
- Successfullycompleted a full Type Course on one aircraft in the fleet is an addedadvantage.
- Detailed knowledge on the KCAA/EASA/FAA regulations and the Kenya Airways engineering procedures.
- Knowledge of analytical software.
- Demonstrated competence in engineering practices.
- Ethics-Firmbut fair.
- Influence-Teamworking, but minimum of formal meetings, committees.
- Ownership-Responsiblefor individual decision making.
- Growth-Committed tosuccess.
Senior Management Accountant
The incumbent will be responsible in preparing, analyzing and reporting to management the financial and operational performance of the airline, identifying trends and presenting meaningful information to management for decisions. As a subject matter expert, the role will provide value-added, meaningful, and insightful reporting and analysis to Senior Management.
- Analyze and interpret financial data for use in management reviews and decisions.
- Challenge the various business units within the company by evaluating the financial impact of their intended strategic decisions (network expansion, fleet evaluation, capital expenditure justification) to enhance sustainable growth.
- Evaluate the company’s performance using key data metrics.
- Maintain the database of Management Accounting Section accurately which includes companywide Cost Centers, historical data and information, industry benchmarks etc.
- Produce information to be comparative i.e., budget, previous years, forecast, industry standards, expert advice etc.
- Analysis of actuals, forecasts, and budgets and preparing analysis for senior management and corporate performance against benchmarks.
- Developing and maintaining a competitive intelligence framework for standards and benchmarking against competition.
- Review periodic costs per unit actual and alert management on budgetary overruns to ensure effective cost control and cost management.
- Manage process flows within the budgeting module to ensure that Group budgets and periodic forecasts are consolidated in line with inputs from the various business units.
- Identify and problem solve any issues with the system used in Management Accounting.
- Advise on problems areas and suggest improvements.
- Develop advanced financial models and conduct analysis using a broad range of quantitative tools and techniques (trend analyses on past financial and operational performance, root cause analyses, analysis of profitability drivers, scenario modelling for future options, unit-cost benchmarking, etc.)
- Maintain DSS database of MIS section accurately and any issues with the system must be escalated immediately.
- Coordinate development of business cases and scenario models to drive better business decisions.
- Produce periodic financial forecasts based on operational information and prepare annual budgets and business plans.
- Review and prepare analysis of potential new business cases clearly indicating the business case as positive/negative with sensitivity analysis.
- Regularly evaluate the KQ route schedule to determine its profitability and identify the impact. of equipment changes by route.
- Create and manage operational KPI’s of the airline.
- A Degree in Accounting or Finance and/or a recognized Accounting qualification.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Finalist or ACCA Qualifications.
- At least Seven (7) year’s role related experience including 2 years in a Management Accounting Function.
- Additional Details
- Intermediate to Advanced use of MS Excel.
- Use of BI Tools
- Sound Analytical & Presentation Skills
- Great Report Writing Skills
- Negotiation Skills.
Shift Leader- Cabin Appearance
To ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment, in compliance with the relevant industry and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and customer airline requirement with regards to cabin appearance. Responsible for cabin grooming operations in readiness for boarding and departure incompliance with Company and Customer Airline Service standards, while maintaining best work practices of Health and Safety in a secure environment aswell as ensuring optimal staff productivity and cost efficient operations.
- Embrace and maintaina positive safety culture, healthy and secure working environment in compliancewith company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customerairlines.
- Give oversight to third party contractors on Cabin cleaning operationsand ensure they also maintain and embrace a positive safety culture, healthyand secure working environment in compliance with company procedures,regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
- Pre-task planning, briefs and supervision for efficient allocation oftasks and responsibilities for optimal utilization of third party.
- Responsible for on-time and efficient cabin grooming in compliance withstipulated service standards and time frameworks.
- Ensure optimal cabin grooming productivity.
- Responsible for availability of requisite in-flight customer items onoperating aircrafts for customer comfort.
- Ensure availability and serviceability of cabin grooming equipment andcleaning product for efficient operations.
- Monitor cost effective utilization of company materials and equipment.
- Conduct cabin spotchecks to assess efficiency and efficacy of cabin grooming operations.
- Prevent theft and/orpilferage of in-flight items by team members.
- Prepare and submitcabin grooming performance reports within stipulated timeframes.
- Identify and reporthazards, near misses incident and accidents.
- Adhere to KQ WAY principalsand best practices
- Hospitality diploma or ‘O’ level grade C+
- Computer literacyadded advantage
- Airside Safety Awareness
- Aviation SecurityAwareness
- Dangerous Goods CAT 8
- Cabin grooming
- Safety Management System (SMS) Awareness
- JKIA – Local emergency procedures
- Physically fit
- Good knowledge ofaircrafts cabin configurations
- Good planning skills
- Good interpersonalskills
- Valid driving license
- Good communicationskills
- Good command ofEnglish and Swahili
- Good knowledge of KQ product and Customer AirlineSLA’s
- Cost conscious.
UAS Flight & Ground Instructo
The Incumbent will be responsible for the overall direction andperformance of the UAS operations during ground and flight training includingmission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resourcemanagement, ground and flight safety. This requires an understanding of andcomply with KCAA Regulations applicable to the airspace where the UAS operates.
- An instructor’s primary duty is the safe and effective operationof the UAS in accordance with the manufacturers’ approved flight manual, KCAA regulationsand company policy and procedures. He/ She must remain knowledgeable of allKCAA regulations; UAS manufacturer’s flight manual and bulletins and companypolicy and procedures.
- Instruct students in curriculum using current instructional strategies appropriate to the subject matter to assure highest quality for bothground and flight instruction.
- Ensure syllabus, supply list and lesson plans are current prior toeach class taught.
- Prepare and distribute syllabi which inform students about course requirements, grading requirements, testing assignments, attendance policy, andother information for each course assigned.
- Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable manner covering all objectives outlined in the course syllabus and useappropriate assessment tools to ensure learning.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and examinations in atimely manner to inform students about their progress. Submit and maintain accuraterecords of grades and attendance.
- Defines, plans, organizes coordinates and executes flight plans,schedules airspace resources and other aspects of flight operations.
- Utilizes various manuals such as the UAS User manuals and guidesand other documents and reports to ascertain factors such as aircraft weightand balance, fuel supply, route, schedule, and mechanical reliability.
- Develop and verify procedures for use with new aircraft featuresand participates in the development of operational and safety procedures andtraining syllabus coursework.
- Maintenance of the UAS equipment and related equipment.
- Provide technical and operational expertise for training hardwareand software development, testing, and utilization.
- Maintain current UAS certifications and other professional certifications as an instructor.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- A Diploma in any field.
- A holder of KCAA or any ICAO Contracted state Remote Pilot License (Multirotor or Fixed Wing).
- KCAA or any ICAO Contracted state Instructors Rating.
- One (1) year experience in Training with UAS.
- At least 50 logged in flight hours.
- Relevant understanding of current KCAA UAS Regulations.
- Goodcomputer skills.
- Abilityidentify and implement engaging teaching methods. Experience with onlinemodalities preferred.
- Must demonstrate effective people skills, communication skills and professionalismsuch as prepared, reliable, responsible, punctual, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality and deal withcrisis situations in an appropriate manner.
- Must exercise tact, good judgment and sensitivity both in-person and on thetelephone.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.