Jubilee Insurance Job Opportunities
Jubilee Insurance Job Opportunities
Jubilee Insurance Job Opportunities
Jubilee Insurance Job Opportunities
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
- The role holder will be responsible for recommending, implementing, and monitoring system database, best practice, and procedures to manage company’s data and information, administer and provide database support for all application throughout the entire software life cycle processes. The incumbent will also provide DBA support for production, development, test DB environments and resolve DB performanceissues. Maintain end-to-end responsibilities for the Oracle database in all three environments.
- Review and design database structures, Oracle RMA, Oracle RAC to support business requirementsincluding logical and physical database modeling.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout, optimization, tuning and upgrades of database technology platforms.
- Install, configure, and maintain database instances, creation of various database objects, create userswith appropriate roles and levels of security.
- Manage and support high performance, highly available and mission critical database platforms for Insurance core applications and other systems.
- Implement database security policies that are consistent with laid security guidelines.
- Implement and perform database backup and recovery strategies that meet recovery and availability requirements.
- Implement best practices and incorporate them in DBA procedures.
- Manage and support Enterprise Data warehouse including the development of reports from the datawarehouse platform.
- Works with various teams to ensure that the associated hardware resources are allocated to the databasesand to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
- Management of project implementation tasks of (BI, Audit Vault, Oracle ERP, Database firewall etc.) toensure a
- well-documented, tracked, seamless and timely implementation.
- Experience in implementation & Development of Oracle.
- Knowledge and experience with installation, configuration, backup, recovery, and monitoring of Oracle10g, and 11g databases.
- Working knowledge and experience with databases, Oracle Development, and application technologies.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or other computer related field from a recognized University
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle DBA development
- 3+ years of experience with test and production environments
- Certification: OCP /MCSD
- Minimum of 4 years’ work experience in Oracle DBA development, databases security, hardware, and systemsoftware.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 21st May 2023
Regional Head of Emerging Customers & Partnerships
- The role holder will take ownership for developing and building the entire emerging partnership function, including developing the strategy, hiring a team, and clearly communicating the value to other departments and leadership. Establishing a compelling 3–5- year emerging partnership strategy that aligns with Jubilee Group’s vision for growth of market share and product development.
Lead Business Strategy Management
- Participate in formulating, designing, and rolling out the Jubilee Group’s Emerging Partnership Strategy; plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control activities in line with the overall business goals and objectives.
- Take responsibility for budget preparation, analysis, and communication to support the objectives set by the Board.
- Keeping JHL senior management advised and informed on key emerging partnership trends through high quality, informative monthly and quarterly reports utilizing business intelligence tools. ▪
- Drive the development of new products, services and distribution models (FinTech’s, brokers, Insure techs etc) that will provide best in class solutions that are leveraged on technology.
- Leverage cross functional group relationships and networks to build a client base from the Micro, Retail and SME segments.
- Through leadership, personal commitment and cooperation with the Jubilee Group management team define and implement strategies to fulfill JHL’s Strategic Objectives, financial plans, and profitability objectives.
- Provide clear directions on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
- Provide the much-needed transformational leadership to meet and surpass the expectations of stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating and executing strategies that are in line with the goals and objectives of the various strategic partners.
- Creating tactics to expand audiences for partner’s unique products or services and raise brand awareness.
- Development and implementation of the policies and procedures required to meet the organization’s emerging partnership goals and objectives.
- Nurture existing partnerships by leading, managing, and developing all partners to achieve revenue and top line targets.
- Building new partnerships that are mutually beneficial and drive revenue for both the partners and the entire Jubilee Group.
- Establish and document clearly defined goals for each partner relationship, and update and maintain proper reporting to all sourced, direct, and influenced partnership revenue and pipeline targets, partner success KPIs, and retention and integration goals.
- Work cross-functionally to create partnerships and set up for success from working with the product and intelligence teams to identifying prospective partners, to proactively growing partnerships through sales and marketing efforts.
- Set our partners up for success by proactively identifying opportunities that increase Jubilee’s value and impact, expanding our footprint in the e- commerce space.
- Work with our partners and internal teams (sales, customer service, marketing, legal, product, and strategy) to optimize crossselling and marketing strategies for driving revenue through the partner ecosystem.
- Strategically manage the department to serve partner clients with superior service to grow market share, increase share of wallet and boost organizational profitability.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and manage successful marketing campaigns with the help of the marketing and corporate communications team to promote certain partners’ goods and services.
- Interacting with partners on Jubilee group’s behalf to make sure that everyone is happy with the present condition of partnerships.
- Establishing efficient channels of communication with partners to promote fruitful working partnerships
- Monitoring market trends and competitor activities in order to identify potential opportunities for new partnerships.
- Perform market research to make sure the business is abreast of industry developments and to ensure profitability for all items.
- To expand Jubilee’s market penetration, create creative alliances and methods of distribution.
- Leverage on the various partnerships to introduce bundled products that are aligned to servicing the customer from a cradle to grave perspective.
Operational and Regulatory Excellence
- Ensure that the department’s strategy, objectives, and deliverables are aligned to ensure a seamless client experience for our partners and their customers.
- Establish criteria for interdepartmental SLAs that will raise the company’s service ratings, such as claim processing times and reconciliations in support of the various partnerships.
- Codify managing partner procedures, such as recruitment, retention, compensation, incentives, and performance evaluation.
- In accordance with specified SLAs, guarantee operational effectiveness for all stakeholder departments participating in thepartnerships and digital customer segments.
- To maximize commercial and operational efficiency, control and cooperate with important internal stakeholders.
- Directing and carrying out the department’s operational plan while defining and upholding organizational objectives, rules, and guidelines.
- Establish the department’s annual operational budget, making sure the unit stays within budget.
- Create and implement operational efficiency procedures to support partner processes that are seamless.
- Making sure that service to customers and producers meets their expectations, manage important connections with clients and intermediaries in the market.
- Ensure all legal criteria for reinsurance, claims, and technical risk acceptance are followed.
- Boost the effectiveness and speed of decision-making across the Jubilee Group.
- Coordinate efforts between departments and functions to achieve resource and value chain optimization.
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all partner channels.
- Allocating cash and resources effectively to maximize shareholder value, effectively managing operational risk, and boosting operational effectiveness.
- Carry out any additional tasks that may occasionally be assigned.
- Constantly re-configure and re-calibrate the department to build agility to support the Group’s outlook and strategic posture.
- Introduce novel ideas to ensure the department’s prompt and appropriate adoption of the various Jubilee Group imperatives.
- Clarify expectations for function members and other stakeholders across the organization that are supporting the partnership eco-system.
- Ensure the function has the best people capabilities through effective inspirational leadership, people development, andoptimum succession planning.
- Facilitate integration of functions while ensuring that the Jubilee DNA within the function is established and developed in a way that is consistent with the strategic direction and values of the Jubilee Group.
- Building relevant organizational capacity to deliver on strategy by leading, guiding, directing, and evaluating the work of the leadership team.
- Building the systems and human resource capabilities and training systems that will enable the business to successfully pursue the agreed strategies.
- Ensuring maximum coordination, synergy and business knowledge transfer within the country and region
- Lead, inspire and coach a team of high calibre professionals, creating succession to key roles and enhancing the Company’s management capability.
- Maintaining a conducive work environment, suitable for attracting, developing, and retaining a dynamic and high performing team
- Highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct.
- Visionary Leadership and entrepreneur Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Systems orientation.
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Bachelor of Commerce, or degree in any other business field
- Diploma/ Advanced Diploma in professional insurance (ACII) would be an advantage.
- Master’s Degree (Added Advantage)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Good technical knowledge of the Insurance industry
- Highly innovative, performance and results driven coupled with good business acumen.
- A consummate professional with demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies for sustainable, continuous improvement in performance, market share and profitability.
- An individual with strong leadership qualities, a track record of innovation and the ability to manage change.
- An energetic seasoned marketer with a proven track record in Business Development strategies and implementation
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 18th May 2023
IT Project Management Officer
- The IT PMO shall be responsible for the maintenance of defined project management systems and standards to ensure the successful delivery of projects undertaken by Jubilee Holdings Ltd – IT through effective facilitation, tracking and reporting on ongoing projects. The job holder shall contribute to the achievement of the overall business strategy by providing project leadership as project manager for assigned regional projects, assistance, and guidance to project coordinators for entity specific projects and teams on the best use of project management tools and approaches throughout the project lifecycle to increase their effectiveness, efficiency and minimize the risk of project failure. The job holder shall also be responsible for project governance to ensure the set rules, regulations and policies are adhered to for effective delivery of assigned projects.
- Implement governance and project management standards across the assigned projects portfolio, including tracking, monitoring, and updating the status of program deliverables.
- Prepare project reports and distribute periodic project portfolio level reports to the relevant stakeholders both at project level and management level.
- Facilitate and/or contribute to post implementation reviews, identify lessons learned and manage program-level lessons learned repository, including dissemination of lessons learned to project teams.
- To actively monitor and track project schedules, risk, and issues, providing regular updates to key stakeholders to maintain focus onkey risks and issues and ensure timely intervention with appropriate mitigations.
- Co-ordinate and contribute to assurance and quality review processes relating to assigned projects through the company audit and compliance functions.
- Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all assigned projects and coordinate quality activities to meet quality objectives.
- Manage the portfolio-level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored and benefits realization is tracked on assigned projects.
- To manage the central information repository for all assigned projects ensuring all project documentations are complete and up to date. Be the single point of truth on all project information on assigned projects.
- To provide administrative coordination support to individual project teams as required to ensure that project targets are achieved including facilitating effective change management.
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by management.
Key Focus Areas:
Project Governance & Best Practice:
- Responsible for the implementation of the project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation, and reporting which fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the 4 project constraints: Time, Quality, Budget & Scope.
- Managing processes supporting the project steering committee, streamlining communications to project owners and project sponsors, and empowering the committee to engage in meaningful and efficient discussions of priorities and resource availability.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Act as an advocate for best practices in project management and ensuring adherence to project discipline.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with stakeholders both external and internal.
Project Management Strategy & Execution:
- Contributes to the formulation of project business cases and other critical project documentation including facilitating approval in line with the strategic goals and objectives of Jubilee Holdings Ltd.
- Conduct resource planning and demand management to inform prioritization and delivery roadmap of the defined projects efficiently.
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all assigned projects.
- Monitor Project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
- Provide leadership as Project Manager for assigned projects and moderate all project meetings to ensure the agenda is objective towards ensuring seamless delivery of the project.
- Ensures familiarity and compliance with all Jubilee Insurance policies and processes at all stages of the project lifecycle.
Project Management Support & Guidance:
- Assist and advise project owners, other project managers / coordinators, and teams on the best use of project management disciplines, tools, and approaches within a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
- Develop positive relationships with project owners, project managers, and teams to enable the Project Management Office to provide support including facilitation, tracking, and reporting on projects, and training.
- Support change management efforts by advising on interventions and adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges from the project.
- Support capacity building efforts through coaching and mentoring project members on project management best practices for optimal delivery in projects.
- Assist and contribute to development and continuous improvement of the Project Management Office framework based on industry growth and new trends.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups and communicate effectively.
- Strong relationship building, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in managing cross company and cross-country projects.
- Successful delivery of complex technology and digital projects.
- Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT, or any other related field
- Relevant Project management certification – PMP / PRINCE 2
- Detailed understanding of business process management principles and best practices
- Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Technical business analysis and data analysis skills
- At least 3+ years of experience in a similar role mainly in the financial sector.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via
Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 22nd May 2023.
System Analyst – Pension
- The Systems Analyst – Pensions is an applications design, development, and implementation specialist. The analyst is responsible for identifying and implementing application solutions to solve business problems and to make business operations more efficient. The individual is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and debugging new functionality, enhancements, customizations, interfaces, batch processes, queries, and reports.
- Provide development and ongoing software support and issue resolution using Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and Developer Oracle Application Express (APEX).
- Develop and support DA interfaces, C2B and B2C portals and third-party integrations.
- Partner with other business areas within Jubilee to understand application requirements and develop programming specifications for development.
- Build a standards-driven, scalable, secure, and dynamic portal for the information delivery of specific based applications.
- Capture, log, and track applications issues and develop resolutions in the specified timeframes. This includes liaising with system vendors if the system is vendor supported.
- Develop enhancements, resolve issues, coordinate testing of statement releases and oversee regular production efforts including data extracts, data imports and printing.
- Conduct new functionality and regression tests, determine and report issues for follow-up.
- Participates in creating new products and services where technology is concerned.
- Contributing to smooth business operations.
- Working on identifying the project risk and planning mitigation action with any project manager at the project level.
- Reporting for all the weekly tasks in the form of accurate and detailed reports.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the section team lead and applications heads.
- Project management
- Information and knowledge management
- Operations and service management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or other related technical degree
- OCA – Oracle Certified Associate in PL/SQL
- APEX Version 19 and specific experience with insurance industries.
- Reporting Technologies e.g., Oracle BI & Analytics
- 3 years minimum hands-on experience in technology and business fields in Oracle 12c & 19c.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, unit test, and deploy Oracle apps using Oracle tools such as Oracle PL/SQL, Reports, Workflow, WebLogic, and Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Strong knowledge of Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes using UNIX shell scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, and SQL Loader.
- Expert in using tools such as TOAD, SQL Navigator & SQL Plus.
- Experience in query optimization, performance, and tuning (PL/SQL).
- Working knowledge of Web Logic, Apache, PHP / MySQL programming.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com
quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 21st May 2023
Method of Application