Jobs at World University Service of Canada
Jobs at World University Service of Canada
World University Service of Canada – is a leading Canadian non-profit organization in international development, committed to building a more equitable and sustainable world. We work with a unique and powerful network of post-secondary institutions, private-sector partners and volunteers to provide education,
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Project Officer, Livelihoods
Role of the program officer, Livelihoods
- Program Coordination
- Support the coordination of LEAP project activities with field teams and project partners.
- Support project strategic planning activities including Project management Team meetings, Project advisory Committee meetings and any other activities
- Support to ensure project partners have clear execution plans
- Support in the preparation and timely submission of project narrative reports capturing lessons learnt.
- Support with project monthly and quarterly forecasting
- Support the coordination of all the administration and logistical arrangements and developing agendas.
- Support TVET scholarship activities
- Conduct labor market and skills demand assessment to inform the training content, courses offered and job linkages.
- Work in collaboration with LEAP partners to revise the mentorship model and provide trainers with basic TVET pedagogy skills
- Support in reviewing the selection criteria of the trainees and do spot checks during application and interview for quality control.
- Work in collaboration with gender focal points to provide gender-sensitive support and appropriate referral pathways for those who are survivors of SGBV.
- Oversee community mobilization and recruitment campaigns for new students
- Support implementing partners to conduct career guidance events and counseling sessions
- Take lead in reviewing a result-oriented mentorship model in collaboration with implementing partners
- Support mentorship for young women in the skills training and offer market linkages
- In collaboration with the LEAP partners, conduct outreach with the family members of the trainees and the broader community to garner support for women’s and girl’s use of technology and inclusion in the gig economy
- Work closely with the digital skills implementing partner to establish and build capacity of 2 business processing units, ensure a good governance structure of the units is in place and support linkages to digital online work and financial services.
- Provide information to trained AGYW on entrepreneurship pathways, and support financial literacy training.
- Support graduates to open bank accounts with credible financial institutions and access to affordable loan services
- Develop a viable and sustainable business model for the digital hub. Ensure the hub can run and operate profitably in the next 12 months and beyond the funding period.
- Design exit strategies for the LEAP implementing partners
Quality Control and Impact Measurement
- Provide oversight and ensure quality during mentorship and execution of tasks to ensure that trainees have adequate support.
- Collaborate with the WUSC MERL team to monitor the Training, mentorship and transition to work opportunities using a result-based monitoring system.
- Carry out spot checks on partner training centers and provide feedback.
- Collaborate with WUSC MERL in conducting assessments with men and boys, particularly male spouses or partners, to identify and address gender roles and joint decision-making regarding young women’s employment pathways.
- University degree in Education, Bachelors of Commerce, Business Administration, Community Development or other related field
- Minimum of 3-years’ working experience with humanitarian programs in the field of livelihoods with at least 1-year experience engaging with refugees, asylum seekers, migrants and/or other vulnerable populations in economic strengthening interventions.
- Excellent command of common methodologies used to identify, assess and monitor livelihood activities, with a proven record of achievements.
- Experience in vocational technical training will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Flexible and creative.
- Strong organizational and logistical skills.
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work and live in challenging conditions.
- Excellent computer Skills.
Part Time Psychosocial Support Counsellor
Scope of work
- In addition to Life Skills education, LEAP is working to increase the availability and quality of trauma-informed psychosocial support at the TVET level. The goal of this work is to ensure girls have access to necessary support and specialized support services where needed in order to protect their psychosocial well-being. WUSC is seeking a part-time counsellor to provide timely and effective psychosocial support to the young women hosted in the Technical Vocational Education Institutions by
- Support the development of a comprehensive mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) response plan for LEAP focusing on students hosted in four TVET institutions in consultation with WUSC and other relevant stakeholders, including TVET institution management. The response plan should include mapping of MHPSS service providers available to TVET students (including existing referral pathways), identified gaps in MHPSS service provision within identified TVET institutions and provide recommendations for sustainable and quality MHPSS activities to address these gaps.
- Provide appropriate and timely therapeutic services, as requested and desired by TVET students, including individual and group counseling sessions. This support may be provided via email, phone and/or video conferencing software such as Zoom or Skype.
- Conduct regular assessments of the psychosocial well-being of TVET students using appropriate and globally recognized psychometric instruments, provide progress reports and document referrals made to other service providers for more specialized assistance (including on safeguarding concerns) with the student(s) consent and in consultation with WUSC.
- Develop and facilitate sessions (ideally in person on a quarterly basis) for TVET students on relevant topics related to student psychosocial wellbeing, including but not limited to self-care, psychological first aid (PFA), stress management and resilience building.
- Report on psychosocial activities carried out (during school periods and during breaks) together with students and provide recommendations based on the findings.
- Provide ad hoc counselling and trauma interventions on site for the TVET students as needed.
Qualifications and competencies
- University degree in counselling, psychology, clinical psychology, psychiatry, mental health, or any other related field from a recognized institution. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in providing mental health and psychosocial support (including counselling and case management) in a humanitarian setting.
- A registered member of a recognised Counsellors and Psychologists Association will be an added advantage.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and dynamic facilitation skills when dealing with different groups.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili.
- In-depth knowledge in the provision of psychosocial support in an international context (desirable).
- Trained and experienced in behavioural therapy (desired).
- A driven self-starter capable of adapting to changing circumstances and priorities in consultation with WUSC.
- Should be guided by a bereaved approach and should be able to demonstrate professionalism, competence and knowledge in work carried out in accordance with the principles of confidentiality, non-discrimination, safety and respect.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Latest Jobs at Impact Water Global
- Latest job at Tala (formerly InVenture)
- Latest Jobs at HRM Connection Ltd
- Latest Job Vacancies at World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF)
- HIAS new job opportunity
- Companies Hiring This Week
- Internships and Attachment to Apply this Month
- Current Employment at Church World Service
- Massive Job Openings at Machakos County Public Service Board
- Job and Internship Openings at Bioversity International