Jobs at World Food Programme (WFP)
Jobs at World Food Programme (WFP)
The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security
- Open Jobs
- How to apply
Business Support Assistant (Programme) G4, Re-Advertisement
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide programme staff with support with official travel arrangements and accommodation bookings
- Follow up on the procurement plan and payment of invoices and/or processing of purchase orders
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Language: Proficiency in oral and written communication in English is a must.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Under the general supervision of the Head of the Programme Support Unit, the incumbent will liaise with all other staff in the unit while executing strategic and technical nutrition duties and will work closely with strategic outcome leads in the implementation of nutrition-specific and sensitive interventions, programme reporting and in the analysis of information for food and nutrition security. The incumbent will also ensure the implementation of enabling systems for nutrition interventions, including advocacy, coordination and programme linkages and develop a comprehensive, integrated nutrition strategy focusing on the healthy lives Country Office.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (cont.)
Implementation and coordination:
- Work with senior management and relevant programme units to ensure effective advocacy, design and delivery of WFP nutrition programming.
- Oversee operational and strategic partnerships, including inter-agency collaboration with key agencies such as UNICEF, UNHCR, and UNAIDS, NGOs and engagement with government and the donor community to ensure a strong multi-sectorial response to nutrition and HIV.
- Represent WFP at national and regional meetings to contribute to technical discussions, exchange experiences, and identify and advocate for areas of potential collaboration.
- Contribute to emergency preparedness and response actions, providing technical recommendations on contingency planning, risk analysis and early warning related to nutrition risks for Kenyan and refugee communities.
- Manage the nutrition team providing guidance and coaching as required to ensure appropriate career development and enable high performance.
- Strengthening the capacity of WFP staff, partners, and national and regional governments to prepare for and respond to nutrition problems.
- Provide technical support to the government of Kenya on national nutrition-related initiatives, including the development of nutrition policies, strategies, action plans, protocols and guidelines, as well as policy development in areas complementary to nutrition (e.g., social protection, health, agriculture, and education, resilience building) in line with international guidance and current evidence.
- Provide technical guidance and support for the handing over and transitions of WFP-led malnutrition treatment programmes to Country governments.
- Support the Government of Kenya on SUN Movement initiative whilst coordinating with other SUN networks (UN, Business, civil society organisations, donors and academia)
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Advanced University degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine or other relevant field.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional in experience in public health and nutrition programme management.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in strategic planning at country level.
- Experience working in emergencies and development context in multiple countries.
- Experience in design for nutrition specific and sensitive programmes or approaches (directly or with government).
- Experience with nutrition in emergency or refugee context.
- Experience with designing and implementing social behavior change communication.
- Experience maintaining pipelines, developing systems and approaches for nutrition
- Experience building strategic partnerships with multiple governments to raise awareness on nutrition related issues.
- Experience working with governments to develop nutritional strategies and establishing policies.
- Experience developing partnerships in nutrition and working with multiple stakeholders with varying viewpoints and agendas.
- Experience in nutrition assessment, data analysis and management
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience presenting nutrition findings/global evidence to governments to build country specific nutrition plans/programmes.
- Experience managing multi-functional teams.
- Experience with managing large-scale nutrition programmes, including experience with CMAM and stunting prevention programmes.
- Successful record in advocacy, networking and inter-agency collaboration and management.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.