Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner,
Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner
UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
PSP Donor Care Intern
The objective of the PSP Africa internship is to provide a learning opportunity for the selected candidate who will support PSP Africa in retaining individual givers and be part of a dynamic team, contributing to the mechanics of raising funds for refugee communities in Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support responding to donor emails on Salesforce in a timely and effective manner;
- Help ensure an accurate and up-to-date donor database is maintained at all times;
- Assist in responding to donors in a timely manner;
- Keep abreast with upcoming emergencies and assist in creating content to be shared with donors, such as updates on emergencies, and monthly newsletters;
- Assist in collecting email assets – including images, statistics, and human-interest stories relevant to specific emergencies/email asks in accordance with the content calendar;
- Assist in analysing email performances and provide input on how to grow/maintain donor numbers;
- Assist in content review and compilation for digital advertising;
- Support post-campaign result reporting
- Any other duties as assigned.
Be a recent graduate (within one year of completion of their studies) or current & have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or any other related field.
Desirable candidate profile
- Have strong organisational skills and able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with fluency in English. Knowledge in French is a plus.
- Have good computer skills and be able to learn quickly on using new applications. Prior exposure to using Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Excel and ability to comfortably use Excel to generate analytics.
- Have excellent research and organizational skills.
- Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
Duration of assignment: Six (6) months.
Senior Medico-Administrative Assistant
- Administrative support is provided to the activities of the SRMOs and RSWOs, in line with the Regional Representation/Support Hub strategic objectives.
- Receive, review and route all incoming material, indicating priority items and place the information along with any background information with the digital medical file for the attention of the physician.
- Receive clients, arrange client consultations and respond to enquiries of a medico-administrative nature.
- Prepare correspondence of a medical and semi-technical nature in English and/or French.
- Process mission requests, recruitment, periodic and exit examinations and verify that the medical file is complete.
- Process requests for non-emergency medical evacuations of national staff (not requiring an air ambulance) and inform the field offices and HQ of the recommendations made by the medical officer.
- Handle all documentation relating to maternity leave, sick leave and, if necessary, forward sick leave notices to the administration.
- Register all processed information on the medical service database.
- Exercise absolute secrecy when dealing with sensitive confidential medical issues.
- Assist in the digital maintenance of staff medical files of present and former staff and their families.
- Consolidate statistics in respect of mortality and morbidity, evacuations, service incurred accidents, sick leave, compensation claims, and disability cases for the countries of responsibilities.
- Manage applications to participate in first aid courses.
- Provide administrative support to travel, training and other operational activities of the SRMOs and the RSWOs.
- Provide training on Medical Evacuation, SL, ML, Disability and Staff Compensation procedures to the HR and Administrative officers.
- Perform any other related duties as required, including occasional support to the administrative regional secretariat.
- Enforce implementation of existing staff health and psychosocial welfare policies.
- Access to confidential staff medical data.
- Provide first aid and emergency services in response to accidents in the workplace.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Medical Secretarial
Relevant Job Experience
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience in a UN medical service or equivalent environment. Can gauge when a situation or a client requires the physician¿s immediate attention. Excellent communication, presentation and drafting skills and ability to understand diverse medical terminology. Strong knowledge and full command of the most common office digital software.
- Fluency in English and very good knowledge of French (Fluency in French and very good knowledge of English for the Dakar position).
Nursing Degree. Experience in UNHCR administrative procedures in travel management, purchase ordering and/or requisitioning. Extensive knowledge of the WHO International Statistical Classification of Disease and Related Health Problems (ICD10). Knowledge of the medical service database Medgate. Knowledge of UNMIS, MIP and UN Compensation Committee and Pension Fund Rules. Training experience and facilitation is an asset. Extensive knowledge of the WHO International Statistical Classification of Disease and Related Health Problems (ICD10). Knowledge of the medical service database essential. Knowledge of UNMIS, MIP and UN Compensation Committee and Pension Fund Rules.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.