Jobs at Sightsavers
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently. We do what we do because 80 per cent of blindness in the world is avoidable, and we think that’s astoundingly unfair.
Project Finance Officer
Purpose of role
Reporting to the Finance and Support Services Manager (FSSM), the post-holder will be responsible for finance compliance and risk management for various projects. The focus being economic empowerment of persons with disabilities through formal employment and increased equitable access to health services, education, and jobs/self-employment for people with disabilities.
About the role of Project Finance Officer
Sightsavers Kenya are looking for a highly skilled, driven and results orientated Project Finance Officer to join their team. If you are an agile accounting professional with experience within international development and looking to progress your career in a dynamic environment this opportunity is for you.
Key responsibilities and not limited to:
- Working with project staff and partner organisations to assist them in planning, budgeting and financial management
- Overseeing partners’ financial reporting, budgeting, auditing, and compliance to agreed donor rules and regulations and Sightsavers procedures and policies
- Building financial and budget management capacity of partner organisation through training and support
- Improving the capacity of Sightsavers programme staff to understand and uphold both Sightsavers and donor financial policies and procedures
- Proactively manage contracts and risk within respective projects and programmes.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Project Finance Officer
- Proven work experience within international development holding fully qualified status with CPA or equivalent
- Or tertiary degree in finance and accounting with part qualification with CPA
- Proven track record of working in a busy accounting department with working knowledge of audit, grant management, contract management
- Highly numerate
- Strong knowledge of Excel and financial software packages
- Excellent communication and organisation
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Adaptable and reliable
- Previous experience within an international development organisation in a similar role advantageous
- Sun System knowledge
- Familiar working closely with institutional donors such as DfID, USAID, GIZ advantageous
Closing Date: 20 March, 2023
Social Media Community Manager
About the role
We are looking for a Social Media Community Manager to grow and manage a global community of online supporters and to develop and deliver social media strategy to promote Sightsavers’ work. This is an exciting opportunity for a social media professional who has experience of using paid and organic social media to grow audiences and deliver engaging social media campaigns for a professional brand or organisation. You’ll be passionate about using social media to make the world a more inclusive place and may be looking for the opportunity to develop your creative and strategic social media skills.
Key duties of the Social Media Community Manager role will include:
- Developing and leading on the delivery of Sightsavers’ Global Social Media Approach on assigned channels
- Protecting and enhancing Sightsavers’ reputation globally, responding quickly and effectively to potential reputational risks
- Ensuring channel output is on-brand with a strong emphasis on accessibility and inclusion.
Content production and social media strategy
- Managing the production of social media posts
- Use audience insights to offer evidence-based solutions to communications problems and proactively contributing to communications campaign planning
- Developing, implementing and evaluating social media strategy to communicate one of Sightsavers’ thematic areas of work (eye health, neglected tropical diseases and disability inclusion)
- Identifying opportunities to engage new supporters online
- Proven track record of creative development and delivery of social media project or campaign management experience within a professional organisation
- Excellent storytelling ability
- Project management and content production skills, including photo and video editing tools (such as Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Pro or similar)
- Experience in using social media to grow, steward and convert an engaged supporter or customer base
- Knowledge of national and international social media
- Experience working with stakeholders to deliver strategic, audience-led social media communications
- Ability to use learnings from social media monitoring and analysis to continually optimise social media content
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Fundamentals of fundraising and campaigning within the INGO/wider charity sector
- Experience in using social media internationally to grow a global audience base
- Experience setting an agile social media strategy
Closing date: Sunday 26 March 2023
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.