Jobs at International Rescue Committee
Jobs at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
Regional Vice President, Central Africa
You will collaborate closely with the RVPs of the other regions and the full range of HQ partners across the technical support, operations, finance, fundraising, awards management, advocacy, communications, compliance and legal functions. As part of the Senior Leaders Group, you will have an important voice in organizational leadership discussions.
- Oversee implementation of IRC’s global strategy across the regional portfolio.
- Ensure a consistently high level of team performance and engagement; Manage, mentor, and coach all Country Directors and regional team members, modeling healthy, collaborative intra and inter-departmental working relationships.
- Lead measurable efforts to ensure IRC’s workforce – including at leadership levels – reflects the diversity of the places we operate and the people we serve.
- Cultivate a safe and protective environment for all people, combining locally-led initiatives with wider organizational efforts related to Safeguarding, Gender Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, Duty of Care and Safety & Security.
- Ensure that all country finance, human resources, supply chain, and IT functions are resourced and managed in accordance with IRC and donor policies and standards.
- Champion humanitarian access and security management strategies across the region
- Actively partner with the Ethics & Compliance Unit to strengthen IRC’s efforts to prevent, detect and respond to issues of fraud and misconduct.
- Foster a balanced and diligent approach to risk management across all country programs.
- Ensure strong representation of the IRC to local, regional and global stakeholders – including governments, donors, and private sector and civil society partners.
- Support IRC’s business development and fundraising efforts through cultivating a strong network of donor contacts, engaging with the HQ fundraising team, and ensuring that country teams build and maintain strong donor relationships.
- Support the development of creative, impactful approaches to priority policy issues, both locally and in concert with the global advocacy team.
- Raise IRC’s and IRC partners’ profiles, working closely with the communications team.
Work experience/ Required skills
- Extensive field experience leading humanitarian, protracted and/or post-crisis development programs with demonstrated ability to manage in complex and often insecure working environments.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience with 10 or more years in leadership with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Ability to represent program context, constraints, and successes to media, government, private sector, civil society and Boards in a compelling manner.
- Exceptional financial and operational analysis and management skills, including project management.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills; commitment to open and transparent communication and top-notch diplomatic skills.
- Deep commitment to and knowledge of strategies to advance diversity, equality and inclusion; proven experience in incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Receptive and collaborative leadership approach that contributes to positive team environment, builds and maintains strong relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures and viewpoints.
- Demonstrated experience undertaking strategic planning and leading teams through change.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken French and English; other languages spoken in Central Africa a definite advantage
Safe Programming Officer
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Safe Programming/Protection Mainstreaming Officer will support implementation of protection mainstreaming interventions to incorporate protection principles and promote meaningful access, safety, and dignity throughout IRC Integrated health, nutrition, and protection response in Hagadera refugee camp. S/he ensures that clients are informed of available feedback mechanisms (both proactive and reactive); regularly promoted through diverse channels. S/he will ensure clients’ feedback is regularly collected, analyzed, and responded to in timely manner. S/he also ensures that client engagement and accountability reports are regularly generated within the agreed frequency and result areas and are presented regularly during project meetings and donor reporting requirements. S/he will ensure program activities, budgets and reports are implemented in a timely manner as per IRC and donor requirements. S/he will ensure needs of diverse women, men, boy, and girls are considered in the services.
- Development of effective training materials to support protection mainstreaming and adherence to key protection principles.
- Organizing and delivering trainings and workshops on protection mainstreaming
- Update/review the Standard Operating Procedures and feedback plans together with the Senior Protection Manager and Monitoring and Evaluation department.
- In collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation, Client Feedback Assistant, lead in and coordinate client satisfaction surveys, consult at risk groups are on their preferences, needs and aspirations, reviewing and responding to client feedback.
- Support technological improvement of proactive and reactive feedback mechanisms to collect client feedback.
- Manage and maintain the client feedback registry and ensure it is fully functional.
- Capacity build program staff to ensure that client feedback and complaints are received, appropriately recorded, and responded to in a timely manner.
- Prepare and share satisfaction survey reports, focus group discussions reports to field management teams to inform IRC response.
- Development and Implementation of mainstreaming action plans to ensure assistance and services avoid creating risks and minimize existing protection risks.
- Support clients to access services and with referrals to partner organizations for assistance.
- Ensure budget is tracked, including participation in Budget verses Actuals (BVA) review meetings.
- Contribute to documentation of the success stories and lesson learnt of the project during implementation under the support of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) department.
- Conduct routine data quality audit of the program with technical support of the M&E department.
- Undertaking regular monitoring and evaluation of activities to assess progress, identify issues, collect information, and document lessons learned.
- Lead in compile and submit timely high-quality donor and activity reports, monthly, quarterly, and final protection programming implementation progress reports.
- Ensure work plans, spending plans and procurement plans are implemented.
- Represent IRC in relevant coordination meetings at camp level.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date mapping of effective referral pathways and facilitate appropriate action.
- Contribute to business development.
- Intervene with different institutions and service providers to promote clients’ access to needed resources and services.
Partnerships and Coordination
- Nurture effective working relationships with multiple partners including community leaders, I/NGOs, UN agencies, the government, donors, and IRC team members.
- Foster linkages with service providers for the referral of clients.
- Liaise directly with communities, local institutions, the government, and local partners on protection issues to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
- Represent IRC in relevant coordination and information sharing activities with the government, UN agencies, international organizations, national NGOs, and donors.
- At least five years of meaningful experience in protection programming, working with crisis affected populations.
- Demonstrated experience using international human rights standards in protection programming Experience in conducting protection assessments, and client satisfaction surveys.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and mobile data collection with strong emphasis on KoBo and CommCare
- Project management, staff management and capacity building
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Ability to communicate well in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.