Jobs at Imperial Logistics
Jobs at Imperial Logistics
Jobs at Imperial Logistics
Jobs at Imperial Logistics
Imperial is an African and European focused logistics provider of outsourced, integrated freight management, contract logistics and market access services. Ranked among the top 30 global logistics providers, the group is listed on the JSE in South Africa and employs over 27 000 people in 32 countries. With a focus on five key industry verticals – automotive, chemicals, consumer, healthcare and industrial – the group’s deep experience and ability to customise solutions ensures the ongoing relevance and competitiveness of its clients.
To ensure business compliance with the relevant regulations as the Responsible Pharmacist is accountable for the operational requirements of the company, Personnel, and Infrastructure, within the framework of Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP), Good Distribution Practice (GDP) and Good Wholesaling Practice (GWP) and takes responsibility in terms of relevant Act.
- Qualified person for Pharmacovigilance- Ensuring adherence to local regulations, providing prompt information to regulatory authority requests, and providing 24 hours availability.
- Products quality compliance operations- logical flow of product, segregation of functional areas where applicable (Inbound, Outbound, Reverse logistics, Rejects, Quarantine, High Risk, Narcotics)
- Standards of operating procedures- Review QMS Index. Identify business processes (SOP’s, Work Instructions and Forms) that requires review and ensure review is completed within the approved timeframe and in line within country regulations.
- Non- conformances- Initiate / ensure that non-Conformances are initiated, reviewed, and evaluated.
- Management and control – Establish systems for effective control of regulatory compliance in line with PPB requirements.
- Implement systems for effective control of regulatory compliance.
- Audits and CAPAs – Plan and conduct internal audits in conjunction with QA (MS), according to required Standards (PPB / GWP / ISO 9001:2008) and client requirements.
- Critical system implementation and changes
- Product registration- Ensure that client products are registered and retained as per the PPB regulations and other Regulatory bodies within the region.
- Responsibility in terms of the relevant Act
- Facilities – logical flow of product, segregation of functional areas where applicable (Inbound, Outbound, Reverse logistics, Rejects, Quarantine, High Risk, Narcotics)
- Verification and approval of Customer accounts and vendors (Legal status)
- Material Master: Review and approval.
- Environmental control and monitoring – daily, weekly, and monthly of ambient and cold chain storage
- Inbound Process – Identify Product Quality Complaints and trending of damaged products received. TMD retrieval, downloads, and review
- QA Sampling and Quarantine release
- General Storage – ensure one product per bin, status labeling where applicable and FEFO application.
- Replenishment – FEFO
- Release of orders, picking, checking, and packing.
- Cycle counts / annual counts – Review of cycle count reports. Report on stock variances that are exceptional and report to Client/PPB if required.
- Dispatch of orders – only to registered entities. Compliance of vehicles for transport of pharmaceutical.
- Returns process – Quality Assessments on returned goods in accordance with approved criteria, quarterly trending of reasons for returns.
- Rejected product management – ensure identification and segregation (logically and physically)
- Destruction – in line with local legislation
- Recall strategy – ensure recall strategy is in place and complies with PPB and Client requirements.
- Report to IMS Senior Management, Clients, and PPB on problems such as Product quality complaints or non-conforming products, stolen goods / hijacks, and counterfeit stock.
- Reply on Audit reports from IMS QA/Clients/PPB
- Communicate with Clients on various matters that pertain to their business – assist with query investigation.
- Initiate / ensure that non-Conformances are initiated, reviewed, and evaluated.
- Review Operational performance of staff for continual improvement.
- Plan and conduct internal audits in conjunction with QA (MS), according to required Standards (PPB / GWP / ISO 9001:2008) and client requirements.
- Participate in external audits.
- Compile/review and submit respective reports, with suggested corrective actions, and ensure that corrective actions are implemented within required timelines.
- Complete training on SOPs within required timeframe
- Determine training needs of business to ensure quality improvement.
- Check and monitor compliance of training matrix, training records and the filing thereof.
- Review regulatory compliance of various pharmaceutical duties that are carried out by registered staff members.
- Ensure staff are trained and aware of GDP requirements.
- Review Change Control requests and ensure that Regulatory Compliance is observed.
- Ensure Technical/Quality agreements are in place with all Vendors, holders of certificates of registration and 3rd Party Service providers where services rendered directly affects product quality.
- Ensure business operations are conducted under direct personal supervision of a pharmacist.
- Ensure that staff providing services forming part of the scope of practice of pharmacist is appropriately registered with the PPB.
- To ensure that all agreed EMS objectives as per the department are achieved in as far as is practicable.
- To ensure that all Corrective Action/ Preventive Actions proposed on internal and external audits are closed out/ implemented within required timeframe.
- BSc. Pharmacy
- Registration with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board in Kenya
- Up to 8 years of experience in a similar environment, with at least 5 years operational leadership or specialist experience.
- Knowledge of GWP / GDP
- Planning, organization skills
- Self-development, Motivation
- Decision making, problem solving, creativity.
- Analytical preference with attention to detail
- Good reading and writing skills in English language.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to interact at a high level with clients.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to Up to 8 years of experience in a similar environment, with at least 5 years operational leadership or specialist experience.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Compliance With Existing Statutory and IMS Regulations Regarding Finance
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Participate in New client Take-On
- Periodical analysis of client profitability (operating profit in relation to invested capital
- Involved in mergers and acquisitions, from due diligence to contractual stage, and disposals from time to time
- Manage trading contacts
- Review and advice on management decisions to ensure optimal impact on the financial success of the company
- Process supplier payments
- Capital allocation decisions to be thoroughly assessed including capex and investment decisions; buy vs lease decisions to be properly assessed
- Contribute to the setting of budgets, minimise expenditure and manage costs and assets effectively
- Monthly analysis of the financial performance of the business unit compared to budget expectation and prior financial periods
- Manage the financial position of the company with the objective of maximising profitability and return on invested capital
- Ensure compliance to the Limits of Authority.
- Provide guidance to executives in the company to ensure strategic and financial reporting objectives are met
- Track projects costs and progress
- Oversee drafting of annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Quarterly reporting of internal controls.
- Internal management packs and dashboards
- To ensure that all agreed EMS objectives as per the department are achieved in as far as is practicable
- Periodic balance sheet reviews to ensure accuracy of IMS financial position·
- Foreign exchange management by ensuring foreign currency related exposures are addressed in accordance with Imperial guidelines
- Drive the timeous and accurate completion of the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Drive and manage the cost savings initiatives within IMS.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with the Group’s financial processes, policies and disciplines.
- Continuous improvement of internal financial and operational processes.
- Prepare and / or coordinate monthly flash reports.
- Manage and implement new accounting standards within IMS.
- Update customer profitability data monthly and report on underperforming contracts.
- Ensuring that funding structures at IMS are optimal and aid businesses in motivating funding requirements to the Asset and Liability Committee.
- Co-ordinate and assist with the internal and external audit process.
- Identifying and managing risk (financial and non-financial) throughout IMS along with Imperial’s risk department.
- Responsible for ensuring that efficient internal controls are implemented and maintained throughout the company
- Provide ad-hoc projects and reports as required.
- Manage overall financial functions
- To ensure that all Corrective Action/ Preventive Actions proposed on internal and external audits are closed out/ implemented within required timeframe
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Finance /Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA(K)
- Masters in Business Administration or related field would be an added advantage
- 10+years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3 – 4 years’ as FD or equivalent level.
- Previous experience within a similar business would be an advantage.
- Commercial acumen at a strategic level
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge and experience in local finance regulations
- Computer skills
- Ability to communicate and network effectively
- Ability to take control and exercise leadership
- Ability to give direction and take responsibility
- Have an understanding of the business, commerce and finance
- Ability to manage pressure and cope with setbacks
- Be able to apply own expertise effectively
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.