Jobs at Genesis Analytics
Jobs at Genesis Analytics
Our purpose is to unlock value in Africa. We use our analytical capabilities to improve decision-making and, through better decisions, to unlock substantial value for our clients and society. While we are the largest economics-based consulting firm in Africa, we use a large number of techniques and approaches to achieve clarity for decision-makers.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Head of Human Resources (HHR) across the entire HR value chain for all our entities, including but not limited to drafting of policies and procedures, contracts, payroll, statutory requirements and compliance, tax compliance, compensation and benefit development, salary benchmarking, performance management standards and scorecards, global mobility and work eligibility, the development and implementation of the HR strategy across our offices, and any other HR related functions.
KEY REQUIREMENTS & ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement HR strategies that align with the organization’s overall goals and objectives, including analysing the organization’s workforce, identifying areas for improvement, and developing plans to address those areas.
- Use data analytics and reporting to identify trends and insights that can help to inform HR strategies; maintain HR metrics and dashboards that track key performance indicators related to talent acquisition, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and compensation and benefits.
- Develop and implement change management strategies and plans to ensure successful adoption of new initiatives and projects.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, including Partners, line managers, and employees, to identify and manage potential resistance to change; communicate effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that they are aware of the changes and the benefits they will bring.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with change initiatives and train employees on new processes, systems, and technology to ensure successful adoption.
- Drive and run inductions and on-boarding; assist with developing and implementing employee training and development programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of our workforce.
- Support the performance management process, including setting goals and objectives, conducting performance evaluations, and providing feedback to employees.
- Managing employee relations, including addressing workplace conflicts, grievances, and complaints; develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure a positive work environment.
- Manage employee compensation and benefits programs, including benchmarking, administering benefits such as health insurance and retirement plans, and negotiating contracts with suppliers for these services.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all relevant employment laws and regulations, including equal employment opportunity laws, labour laws, and safety regulations.
- Monitor and stay up-to-date with all relevant labour laws and regulations, including changes in legislation and legal requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on HR policies and procedures, including employment contracts, and respond to any related questions or concerns.
- Develop and implement strategies that promote diversity and inclusion within the organization, and work to create a culture that values diversity.
- Administrative tasks such as maintaining employee records, managing employee files, and assisting with payroll queries.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement and change readiness within the organization.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Strong academic background – Human Resources postgraduate degree as a minimum.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 relevant years’ experience, including at least five years of previous full-function HR management, including recruitment experience in a management consulting or professional services environment.
- Experience of working in African countries.
- Professional services firm experience would be preferred
- In-depth knowledge of labour laws and regulation, in particular within Africa.
- Strong research, analytical and lateral thought processes.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills – ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong drafting and review skills for employment contracts, policies, training materials, etc.
- Proactive self-starter who can be assertive.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Perseverance and resilience.
- Sound problem solving and judgement skills.
- Professional, ethical and confidential approach to dealing with sensitive information – a high degree of confidentiality.
As a Commercial Officer within the Finance team, you will report to the Financial Controller, with a strong dotted line to the Business Development lead. You will support the Practices assess the commercial value of opportunities, develop budgets/pricing and prepare Commercial narrative proposals. When not working on a specific bid, you will undertake research, develop written content and tools to support the work of the Finance and Business development teams to improve our bidding process and win rate.
Management and production of commercially responsive bids to clients and partners. Part of a team responsible for winning new business in line with the strategy and values of the organisation.
Commercial Associate Duties
- Assist with qualifying using the bid / no bid form
- Develop project budgets and definitive estimates
- With support from senior members of the team, prepare detailed bid costings
- Write commercial response and financial methodology for commercial proposals
- Assist with the revision of costings and commercial proposals during contract negotiation process
- Actively participate as member of bid teams to the development of compelling, commercially sound responses to client tenders
- Contribute to the continuous review and development of the commercial bid development process
- Build knowledge and experience through working with colleagues, developing networks, communicating widely, and attending internal and external events.
- Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Genesis’ commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
- Support the development of budget templates, and keeping them updated according to client and Genesis requirements
- Keep a database of unit rates of expenses across the range of Genesis’ countries of work
- Work with HR to calculate staff salary costs and total cost of employment for bids
- Calculate potential tax liabilities (Withholding tax and VAT) for bids
- Undertake commercial reviews of ongoing projects
- Support framework contracts through the whole project lifecycle, monitoring financial performance
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent work experience
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office applications, specifically advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience in the consulting industry
- Experience in preparing high value commercial proposals/pricing
- 5 plus years’ experience with budgeting/pricing
- Experience in reviewing contracts is desirable
- Experience with Google Suite Desirable
- Previous experience in developing International Development bids desirable
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.