Jobs at Dimension Data
Jobs at Dimension Data
Dimension Data is a global technology integrator and managed services provider that helps its clients achieve great things and create new possibilities through the use and adoption of technology.Open Jobs
Senior Technical Support Engineer
The Senior Support Engineer is able support and cross-platform networks, cloud, and security technologies into complex IT Infrastructure and telco settings across heterogeneous operating environments. The Engineer delivers results in a dynamic and ever-changing environment with excellent communication and time management skills. They provide excellent client experience and the ability to comprehend technical matters and present them to non-technical user in a clear and coherent fashion.
They are required to take initiative and support continuous improvement of the client base by proactively identifying case trends, researching potential challenges, and creating solutions. Handles complex Client escalations and manage through to resolution, by troubleshooting, isolating the root cause and providing a resolution to customers critical technical issues and providing Root Cause Analysis reports, as required.
- Receiving assigned technical support cases form Level 1 team, troubleshoot and resolving issues that could be associated with solution functionally such as network related application errors, database or data errors, message flow, firmware, network connectivity and server performance.
- Identification of areas of development and training for Level 1 Engineers based on escalated cases and feedback from the business keeping in mind new solutions and products.
- Continuous upskilling of Level 1 engineers with the aim of enhancing overall business technical skill, enhancement of work efficiencies and improvement of client experience.
- Supports the Team Leaders in the development and implementation of new technology requirements, processes, policies, and systems to ensure the most effective use of new technology and opportunities.
- Documentation and implementation of proactive service enhancement plans to drive optimal performance of our services and solutions to clients especially for recurrent service gaps.
- Working with respective stakeholders on assessment of technical solutions required to address customer requirements, assesses clients met and unmet needs, and recommending solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the company.
- Work with internal core infrastructure engineering teams, Installation engineers and team leaders to identify/isolate root cause and support implementation of solutions that have not been solved through problem replication or known solutions.
- Managing customer expectations of response time and issue resolution through accurate and timely feedback to existing and prospective customers regarding the services offered by the company.
- Participating in company-sponsored training programs as provided and provide product feedback to reduce the number of issues experienced by customers.
- Providing accurate and timely feedback and reports to line manager as may be required from time to time.
- Daily review and updating of the issue management system for assigned cases and provision of site reports as per SLA.
- Application of validated processes to support and manage customer requests, complaints, and inquiries.
- Must meet or exceed the service and quality performance standards or objectives for the assigned function.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Sciences or Telecommunication, or related discipline.
- Advanced Certification in Cisco, Microsoft Applications, Security and Voice Solutions.
- Practical experience working with large Enterprise Solutions such as SDWAN, MPLS, Network Security, CISCO, VC, VOIP
- Between 3 – 4yrs experience in the IT industry focusing specifically on network infrastructure support and maintenance.
- Customer Service skills and training with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant security policies processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Ability to work in a team and achieve synergies.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Basic understanding and appreciation of technical design and business principles.
- Demonstrates fundamental project management and administration ability.
- Display customer engagement skills.
- Demonstrate relevant domain specialist knowledge.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate good reporting skills.
- Client focused and displays a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Senior Network Implementation Engineer
Reporting to the technical team lead, the network engineer will be focused on designing, building/implementing and supporting, enterprise network infrastructure (Network, wireless, data center, Cloud) solutions to address business and technical requirements, leveraging industry and standard principles and patterns. The job holder will also be an escalation point for complex technical support incidents from a team of support engineers and customers.
- Design, build, deliver, and operate Network and Data Center solutions to meet client requirements
- Provide documentation for solutions delivered to clients
- Work with project managers and other delivery teams to ensure that solutions provided to customers are delivered within specified timelines
- Liaise with go-to-market technical architects to ensure that solutions provided to clients are well scoped and fit for purpose
- Highlight risks, provide alternative options, and recommend quality solutions to specified problems
- Where feasible, use automation to reduce delivery time and human intervention on repetitive tasks
- Act as subject matter expert on a variety of technologies within the enterprise networks (LAN, WAN, VPN, Data Centre, Wireless and Cloud)
- Guide on change management on change management when integrating solutions provided to customers.
- Guide and/mentor junior engineers
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study
- At least 3 years in the enterprise networking field
- Relevant industry standard certifications, e.g., ITIL
- Cisco Professional level networking Certification i.e CCNP, CCIE
- Expert level network security certification i.e, NSE4, NSE7 (SD-WAN)
- DevOps certification and experience scripting and network automation will be an added advantage.
- Design, implementing, administering, and strong troubleshooting experience on the following:
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting SD-WAN solutions (Cisco Viptella, Meraki, Fortinet)
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting SD-DC solutions (Cisco ACI, VMware NSX-T)
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting SD-Access solutions
- Knowledge and experience in deploying Data Center interconnect technologies; Cisco OTV, VXLAN
- Knowledge and experience in deploying and supporting IP routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting enterprise wireless solutions
- Knowledge and experience in deploying F5 Application Delivery Controllers (Load balancers, Global Traffic Managers, DNS)
- Working knowledge on enterprise security solutions; firewalls, NAC, MDM
- Good reporting and presentation skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.