Jobs at Child Fund International
Jobs at Child Fund International
ChildFund protects children’s well-being by strengthening relationships among children, parents, community members, local organizations, teachers and schools, governments and others. Together, we improve children’s lives – at every age, from infancy to young adulthood – with better nutrition, health, safety, education and skills so it’
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Consultancy to Train Staff on Resource Mobilisation
Scope of Work
The Consultant will work closely with Grants Acquisition & Management Manager, Programs & Sponsorship Director and HR Director and deliver a three-days’ training workshop for staff from Country Office and some representation from ChildFund’s Implementing Partners (Ips).
The Consultant(s) will review and validate the training needs analysis. A Draft Training Curriculum (including a detailed facilitators guide, training methodologies, and PowerPoint presentations) should cover a range of topics, including.
- Kenya’s funding landscape analysis.
- In-country funding and fundraising strategies
- Understand different ways of resource mobilization – Grants, donations, attending events and networking, etc.
- Knowledge of Grant Cycle – Pre-Award, Post Award and Close Out.
- Effective Prepositioning: Assess, Network, Anticipate.
- Identify different sources of funding from local and international sources.
- Analyzing and interpreting request for proposals (RFPs) and call for proposal for a Go-No Go decision.
- Establish effective partnerships for proposal development and teaming agreements.
- Designing a logical framework.
- Project Design and proposal writing- problem statement and justification and developing the methodology, theory of change, project management, sustainability.
- Developing a detailed implementation plan.
- Developing a detailed implementation budget.
- Inception Report clearly demonstrating consultant’s understanding of the TOR and methodologies for delivering the consultancy including timelines for delivery
- A training curriculum tailored to the training needs assessment’s outcome
- Tailored Facilitators’ Guide and workshop materials/resources for project’s grant writing, power point presentation slides, etc.
- 3 Days’ training successfully facilitated and delivered in partnership with GAAM & HR team
- Final training report including clearly defined Donor Landscape analysis, recommendations for any changes to curriculum or delivery method in hard and soft copies. This should be delivered and is due 10 days after the workshop.
Qualifications of Consultant (s)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business management, Project Management, Development Studies Social Studies or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant in-country grant writing, business development, fundraising and delivering training in fundraising and resource mobilization.
- Prior demonstrated experience developing, coordinating, and writing proposals for a wide range of institutional donors and foundations.
- Experience working with diverse donors i.e., EU, ECHO, GAC, SIDA, WFP, UNICEF, OCHA, UNDP, BMZ/GFFO, GIZ, USAID etc and an understanding of donor rules/regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including experience in facilitation of trainings/workshops and presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Experience in using a host of blended learning approaches including delivering virtual training and workshops.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Director, Foundation Engagement
- Identify and research foundations and finalize a Foundations strategy for 10-15 Foundations.
- Proactively engage with foundations based on networks, strategic alignment, country strategic plans and Growing Connections 2030.
- Orchestrate matrixed team engagement on Foundation cultivation through coordination with the Director of Business Development, Senior Director of Corporate Engagement, Regional Directors, Country Directors, technical advisors, policy experts, Executive Team members, and research and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team members.
- Lead and motivate account-based cross-functional teams and work groups.
- Lead proposal development for Foundations, including writing and drafting proposals, budget frameworks and theories of changes. Engage technical advisors, Business Development, M&E experts and other needed capacities.
- Engage vigorously across three regions (Africa, Americas and Asia) to advance Foundations’ engagement through prioritization and pre-positioning.
- Lead knowledge sharing, best practices and upskilling on Foundation engagement across the organization.
- Identify opportunities for CEO and Executive Engagement; prepare and facilitate meetings with senior executives and Foundation leaders.
- Support the Vice President of External Engagement on engagement with in high-opportunity Foundations in support of annual revenue targets and goals.
- Build and maintain an internal tracking system with tools and guidance for dissemination and learning. Lead the development of a suite of products for Foundation engagement, including: policy and programmatic work, evidence and learning, promising trends and programmatic and policy impact.
- Conduct power mappings to uncover synergies and develop creative and crisp pre-positioning documents.
- Support other cross-collaborative initiatives for the External Affairs and Partnership division, aligned with influencing the child development ecosystem.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- Outstanding communication skills, including oral presentation and writing.
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to engage with, negotiate with, and influence senior leaders in external networks and to align internal resources in support of organizational strategy.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to thrive and drive progress in a matrixed structure with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical capability to apply “big picture” organizational goals and strategy to shorter-term objectives.
- Proven ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a cross-cultural environment across multiple time zones.
- High aptitude for learning and desire to serve as a champion for continuous learning and growth.
- A commitment to supporting and fostering an inclusive work environment.
Required Experience and Education
- University degree.
- At least 9 years of professional experience, including at least 6 years of experience in fundraising, donor engagement, or related work.
- Knowledge of development trends and philanthropy sector.
- Experience working in a global organization in a matrixed structure.
- Advanced degree.
- Experience building multi-faceted partnerships with international INGOs and professional Foundations.
- Current work authorization in Kenya.
- Proximity to ChildFund’s office location in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The ability to travel internationally up to 40%.
- Please note: this is a salaried, fixed-term position of 2 years and pay is in local currency.
Assistant II, Monitoring Evaluation & Learning
- Assist in the development of the program M&E plan, including identifying project indicators, setting targets, and establishing data collection and analysis methods;
- Assist in the design of data collection tools and collect data from various sources, including project staff, partners and beneficiaries, to track the progress of the project;
- Assist in analyzing project data to identify trends, patterns and insights, and present findings to the M&E team and project stakeholders;
- Support the supervision of data collection through GlobaL M&E Surveys, Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) and related assignment.
- Support the program team to undertake timely entry of monitoring data into mobile and computer-based MIS data collection systems and work with staff to resolve data quality issues observed.
- Support in conducting Quarterly data review meetings and Routine Data Quality Assurance.
- Support and collaborate with the program team to provide timely reports and data summaries.
- Collaborate with other members of the NMP team and other stakeholders to ensure that M&E activities are aligned with program goals and objectives;
- Assist Program Officers to prepare high-quality periodic learning products including but not limited to case studies, success stories.
- Assist staff to prepare for periodic review meetings to discuss progress, challenges and lessons learned.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Information Technology (IT), Statistics, Demography, Monitoring and Evaluation, Population/Development Studies, Project Management or a related field.
- A diploma with related experience in research and M&E in a project or program by an NGO may be considered.
- At least two years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, with experience in formulation of M&E frameworks, tracking project milestones, data collection and analysis for emergency and development programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data analysis software such as Stata or SPSS.
- Practical Knowledge of mobile data applications such as CommCare, Survey CTO, KOBOCollect/ODK. (This will be tested).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in data visualization such as dashboards using Advanced Excel, Power BI
Analyst, Sr. Finance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage financial management relationships between ChildFund and the Implementing partners in the assigned area of jurisdiction.
- Support budget management, reviews, and implementation by Implementing partners
- Assess financial management capacity of Implementing partners with a view to identifying the gaps and advising management to take appropriate action.
- Promote improvement in accounting skills amongst Implementing partners and management committees through relevant training and capacity building initiatives .
- Assist in the development of and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Implementing partner accounts are accurate and can be relied upon for management purposes as well as the financial statements therein meet relevant statutory requirements.
- Review all Partner annual and quarterly budgets including preparation and sharing of BVAs.
- Ensure timely submission of reports by the projects, review and provide feedback.
- Review monthly reports from the implementing Partners and facilitate timely disbursement of funds.
- Support audits of Implementing partner organizations, support the audit process (review draft accounts, facilitate closure of audit findings).
- Review and consolidate partners financial reports.
- Respond to inquiries from Implementing partners in a timely manner.
- Develop and update Implementing partners reporting tools.
- NSP financial management support: Follow-up NSP funds disbursement, support financial management, review submitted accountabilities, ensure accurate upload of financial data into efin, and follow-up and close outstanding advances.
- Actively participate in Implementing Partners’ performance reviews, joint monitoring visits and capacity building of staff.
- A bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or related discipline
- CPA II as minimum requirement.
- Experience in financial management and understanding of various donor requirements.
- 5 years relevant working experience, with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar NGO.
- A good understanding of financial reporting under local conditions
- Team player with excellent training facilitation skills
- Innovative with ability to analyze issues and provide practical solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical skills.
- High personal Integrity with the ability to promote the highest standards of accountability.
- Skilled at the evaluation of partner financial data, internal control environment and make recommendation for their improvement.
- Extensive computer proficiency in MS Office applications with a good command of excel.
- Proficiency in a relevant accounting package
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Use the emails(s) below to apply