Jobs at Cedar Consulting Ltd,
Jobs at Cedar Consulting Ltd
We are an advisory and training firm that partners with organisation’s to deliver tailored and bespoke solutions that address the people side of strategic and operational change. Our goal is to be East Africa’s leading people and change solution provider with global reach We are firm believers that its all about the people!
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Gatsby Africa, Graduate Trainee Programme – Aquaculture
The program will involve
- A twelve-month business placement with a leading fish farm. This will be a rotational placement, providing experience in a variety of different departments (nursery management, production data analytics, Human resource and administration, feed, marketing etc.).
- Professional support and guidance from globally renowned experts and business leaders in the Aquaculture industry.
- Regular mentorship sessions with a dedicated commercial aquaculture expert.
- The opportunity to work alongside and learn from highly specialized teams such as aquaculture financing, fish health and environmental management systems.
- Structured and targeted professional development opportunities, which can be accessed online, through tutorials, farm visits, and coaching programs.
- A final assignment where trainees will be required to prepare a production model and analysis write-up.
- Ultimately, you will gain world-class commercial expertise in business and aquaculture that will set you apart from your peers in a fast growing job market.
NB: Gatsby Africa will support trainees with a monthly stipend for the duration of the programme.
What you will need:
- A recent BSC degree of second upper class or higher distinction in one of the following subjects;
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Agriculture (preferably animal sciences)
- Any biological science
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office programmes particularly Excel.
- A methodical and accurate approach to their work with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- A practical, hands-on approach with a willingness to roll their sleeves up and get involved.
- Gain exceptional training and expertise in commercial aquaculture at the top farms in East Africa.
- Benefit from personalized guidance from experienced industry professionals.
- Increase your employability with potential employers.
- Throughout the program, trainees will be provided with a monthly stipend.
ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Manager
Purpose of the role
Reporting functionally to the Director of ESG in Stockholm, Sweden, with day-to-day contacts with the ESG team in Stockholm and Nairobi, and oversight from the Head of the Nairobi Office, you will be part of Swedfund’s ESG Team.
Note that applicants must be eligible to live and work in Kenya.
Your responsibilities include:
- Integrating ESG considerations into our investment process.
- You will be involved in ESG analysis of new potential investments.
- Monitoring our current portfolio companies’ ESG performance
- Assisting them develop ESG management systems and value creation activities, supporting responsible exits as applicable, and contributing to Swedfund’s sustainability framework, tools, and reporting.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting ESG due diligence analysis of new potential investments.
- Executing analyses, and preparing concise, and compelling presentations for the Investment Committee and others.
- Monitoring portfolio companies’ ESG performance through annual online surveys, calls and visits, monitoring the implementation of ESG Action Plans and providing recommendations.
- Reporting on the implementation of the ESG framework in individual portfolio companies and at the portfolio level.
- Working cross-functionally to facilitate the development and execution of successful ESG strategies, and program initiatives for our portfolio of companies.
- 5 years of professional experience in responsible investment and sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and delivering professional services as a trusted advisor.
- Experience and knowledge of IFC Performance Standards and ILO Conventions are required.
- Experience and knowledge of decent work including labour conditions and terms of employment, human rights, gender and social safeguards, and the UN Sustainable Development Agenda is desirable.
- Experience and knowledge from the financial sector (financial institutions and/or PE funds) is an advantage.
- Understanding the work of leading Development Finance organisations such as IFC, World Bank or EDFIs is an advantage.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, with an emphasis on sustainability or social studies.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English are required, additional language skills are an advantage.
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.