Job Opportunities at Old Mutual Kenya
Job Opportunities at Old Mutual Kenya
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
Legal Administration Analyst
Reporting to the Group Company Secretary and Legal Counsel, the incumbent will provide general administrative support to the legal and company secretarial team. This includes organizing schedules, arranging board and other meetings, setting up travel arrangements and providing overall team and director support. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts.
Key Result Areas:
- Support the legal function through research, records management, matter tracking and appropriate billing.
- Enter reviewed agreements into the contract management system and follow up on a weekly basis to make sure the agreements are signed and a fully executed copy is received
- General administrative and logistical support to the legal and company secretarial team including arrangement of logistics
- Maintains various databases, organizes confidential information and tracks relevant documentation making it easily accessible to team members when required
- Reviews correspondence and reports, drafting responses in a clear and concise manner
- Often acts as a consultant with respect to decision making of operational and/or tactical importance
- Strong support role to the BU Executive to improve their effectiveness by monitoring team work progress; alerting Executive of issues requiring his/her attention; maintaining contact with various stakeholders; contributing information to the teams work; completing projects; and providing secretarial support.
- Responsible for office infrastructure, e.g. office equipment and ordering of stationery.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or certificate in Legal Studies
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Ms Office Suite
- Legal knowledge or paralegal training
- Knowledge of court procedures and ability to work as part of a team
- Analytical skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
Analytical Thinking, Communication, Office Administration
- Updating monthly payroll inputs both items of earnings and deductions
- Preparation of monthly salary journals; loading salary journals in the financial system and following through with approvals and posting
- Preparation of payroll deductions and submitting the same to the payables team
- Preparation of statutory returns and submitting the same to the respective government bodies
- Preparation of third party reports/deduction schedules and submitting the same to the respective stakeholders
- Accurate assessment of loan applications for both company and SACCO loans
- Acquiring compliance certificates for NSSF & NHIF
- Staff loan creations and IC loan journals processing
- Managing staff loan accounts by ensuring proper records are maintained and reconciliations done monthly
- Preparation of staff loan statements
- Preparation of loan reports for management review
- Follow up and collection of outstanding liabilities from respective intermediaries and ex-staff
- Liaise with MIMO team and Treasury to ensure timely allocation of all payments received
- Ensuring deductions are posted in the UAP-OM Faulu bank account then subsequently to employee loan accounts
- Loan balances alignment between UAP-OM and Faulu
- Monthly salary ledgers and loan ledgers reconciliations, balance sheet substantiation and CIP attestations
- Facilitate Internal and External audits and ensure items identified in the audit process are addressed within the provided timelines
- Payroll, Payroll Administration, Reconciliations
Head: People Experience
This role is responsible for ensuring a personalized employee experience which is aligned to our culture and values. The incumbent will be the primary contact for all Executives and Line Managers regarding all queries relevant to Human Capital policies, practices, systems, and processes, working with the Human Capital Business Partners and various teams to enable a flawless end-to-end employee experience for employees’ day to day Human Capital needs thereby supporting increased business productivity. The individual is accountable for achieving results through others, over periods of 3 months to a year.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee Experience journey: Define and execute the Old Mutual East Africa employee experience journey
- Talent Management: Develop and revamp existing infrastructure to lead talent acquisition and selection, onboarding, Performance management, Culture, reward and recognition etc.
- Organization Design: develop guideline and principle regarding organization design development and review, manpower planning and role sizing. Oversee this to ensure compliance
- Learning and Development: develop and revamp process to support staff development, career growth and organization culture
- Culture and Change: Develop and Oversee culture strategy and change management
- Recruitment and Selection: develop hiring strategy to support in talent acquisition for current and future business needs. Review and revamp the induction programs to ensure an excellent employee experience at induction.
- Performance Management: develop and oversee performance management within the business to support a high performing culture, results oriented, talent Development and career growth
- Succession Planning: develop and track key roles and talent as part of ensuring a strong succession bench. Proactively manage the various intervention to ensure a strong succession bench.
- Mobility: Oversee the management of talent mobility with the support of the Talent and development Consultant
- Reward and Benefits: Drive reward and benefits that are aligned to business strategy i.e., culture, high performance, innovation, high talent retention etc. Oversee the management of employee compensation and benefits
- Reporting and Data Analytics: Drive data driven insights to support management in decision making on talent management to address current and future business needs.
- HRMIS: Oversee the implementation and utilization of the HC systems.
- Human Capital Policies and Practices: Oversee development and review of all HC policies and practices to ensure an improved employee experience, manage legal and litigation risks and a unified practice across all business.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Excellent communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Planning and Organizing
- Analytical Thinking & Risk Management
- Process Discipline and Quality Orientation
- Decision Making
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Orientation
- Result Orientation
- Developing Self/Others
- Culture sensitivity on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Business Productivity
- People Management
- Recruitment Selection
Bachelors Degree (B), Diploma (Dip)
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.