Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council,
Job Opportunities at Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occur
Audio Visual Content Producer
- Are you passionate about creating captivating and impactful audio-visual experiences? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
- The post holder will contribute to enhance the digital strategy of ACAPS by supporting with the audio-visual production of content for external communication activities. This will ultimately contribute to that ACAPS is perceived as a leading voice on humanitarian data and needs analysis.
- ACAPS is a projected hosted by Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) dedicated to helping humanitarians make better decisions. We want to put evidence at the heart of decision-making. To achieve this, we collaborate with a variety of partners across the humanitarian sector and beyond. We strive to be an evolving platform providing:
- Independent analysis to support evidence-based decision making for humanitarian operations.
- Deployment of experts to support assessments and analysis in crisis.
- Innovative approaches to collect more reliable and timely data and conduct rigorous analysis.
- Generic responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the Communications Team, produce audio-visual content on brand and optimised for the different social and marketing platforms used by the organisation. The selected candidate will also contribute to maintain a creative and fresh approach to communicate visually.
- Specific responsibilities
- Create and deliver strong and engaging digital assets for social media, newsletters, and other communications platforms. This includes the creation of visuals, short videos, infographics, GIFs, etc for everyday use on social media.
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and formats to best communicate ACAPS products from a visual perspective.
- Help with maintenance of web content and visual appearance.
- Critical interfaces
- Closely collaborates with the Media Officer and Graphic Designer.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant university degree or higher education, preferably in digital media, visual communications, video production, advertising or related field.
- Proven strong experience with producing audio-visual content for social media and marketing platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, MailChimp, etc) is required.
- Experience working for the humanitarian sector, international organisations, design firm, advertising or in-house creative department is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe programs (Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, After Effects) is required.
- Knowledge of CMS TYPO 3 is a plus.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Generic competencies
- Proposes innovative ideas and new solutions to challenges.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organize multiple, simultaneous tasks, and deliver results within a specified period.
- Outstanding coordination, communication, and inter-personal skills, including capacity to persuade and influence others, convey information effectively, as well as adjust actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Detailed oriented and good visual eye.
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Working with people
- Social Perceptiveness
- Active Listening
- Planning and delivering results
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Adhering to Principles and Values
Apply Before: 06/23/2023
Regional ICT Intern EA & Yemen
- Are you eager to gain practical experience and kickstart your career in the dynamic field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)? Look no further! We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic team and gain valuable hands-on experience in the ever-evolving world of ICT
- Collaborate with the development team to understand project requirements and contribute to the design and development of software applications.
- Assist in testing, and debugging code using appropriate programming languages specifically focusing on PHP Laravel framework
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, readability, and adherence to coding standards.
- Support the team in identifying and resolving software defects and issues through troubleshooting and debugging techniques.
- Research and explore emerging technologies, frameworks, and tools to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of software development processes.
- Recently graduated (Not more than 1 year) from a degree program or training institution in the field of ICT
- Demonstrated Software engineering and architecture skills in PHP MVC(Laravel) CSS and JS (ES6).
- Demonstrated experience with GIT, Collaborating with other developers, and working with other peoples’ code
- Linux hosting environment and shell command-line familiarity.
- Strong database skills, including designing schemas, optimizing queries and working with MYSQL databases
- Experience in variety technologies and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Strong debugging skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and tasks
- Not afraid to ask questions, have a point of view and embrace debate
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and humanitarian principles
Apply Before: 06/16/2023
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.